• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Final][Kernel][Mido]Wolf Kernel r13 (10/12/2019)

Search This thread

greenys'

Dec 15, 2014
Sümeg/Csepel
@emabertax Sir, I have a question. Does compiler version make a change for better or the worst? I mean it shows that Wolf Kernel was compiled with gcc 4.9.4 2015 version. Some kernels use newer gcc compiler. Some use clang. Are kernels compiled with newer versions more stable or faster? Or anything?

Last edited:

emabertax

Dec 2, 2015
Cuneo IT
I use your kernel with noop i/o scheds, 2700mhz max freq and 360 min with interactivex and input boost disabled. My phone with it's 2 years old batterx drains surprisingly slower compared to other non-oc kernels. Awesome. Keep up the good work! Love it.
It is a very good news for me and other users, my mido is 2 years old too and there are few kernel with a long battery life. thank you for your feedback and support :):good:

@emabertax Sir, I have a question. Does compiler version make a chance for better or the worst? I mean it shows that Wolf Kernel was compiled with gcc 4.9.4 2015 version. Some kernels use newer gcc compiler. Some use clang. Are kernels compiled with newer versions more stable or faster? Or anything?
every dev use his preferred compiler, not all compiler get along with a kernel and when compile process, there may be problems. the stability or speed of a kernel can't be compared with a compiler

greenys'

Dec 15, 2014
Sümeg/Csepel
every dev use his preferred compiler, not all compiler get along with a kernel and when compile process, there may be problems. the stability or speed of a kernel can't be compared with a compiler
So basically it's the choice of dev and doesn't really make much difference except for the dev. Thank you very much. That's all I wanted to know.

Hees-oo-Lee

Feb 22, 2018
sorry i am new in these things, i just installed this kernel, do i have to change anything to improve battery lasting? or just leave everything as it is?
thanks in advance and sorry is this is a stupid question

e2vinay

Oct 28, 2011
sorry i am new in these things, i just installed this kernel, do i have to change anything to improve battery lasting? or just leave everything as it is?
thanks in advance and sorry is this is a stupid question

head to playstore and download spectrum kernel manager
use that app to configure profiles. (just use profile you need and this doesn't require any depth knowledge)

if you want to do advanced control, install kernel Adiutor ( Google how to do advanced tweak, don't do anything without knowing what you doing)

emabertax

Dec 2, 2015
Cuneo IT
head to playstore and download spectrum kernel manager
use that app to configure profiles. (just use profile you need and this doesn't require any depth knowledge)
if you want to do advanced control, install kernel Adiutor ( Google how to do advanced tweak, don't do anything without knowing what you doing)
This is a good response :good:

foxmcc8

Nov 1, 2010
Changelog Wolf Kernel r5:
build date: 25/03/2019

- added 6 CPU Governors:
interactivex
ondemandx
conservativex
lionheart
impulse
zzmoove

- added CPU Input Boost
- added CPU Voltage Control
- added 2 I/O Scheduler: anxiety, fiops
- added more Wakelock Blocking
Hi and thank you for this incredible kernel.Will you consider adding Simple LMK instead of Android LMK?It provides awesome ram management.
Check it out here https://review.carbonrom.org/c/CarbonROM/android_kernel_google_wahoo/+/8217

santos_10

Jul 19, 2014
Puebla
Your kernel is good and Im trying to save my changes but when I reboot changes didn't realize. I tried with Kernel Adiutor and FK Kernel Manager

emabertax

Dec 2, 2015
Cuneo IT
Hi and thank you for this incredible kernel.Will you consider adding Simple LMK instead of Android LMK?It provides awesome ram management.
Check it out here https://review.carbonrom.org/c/CarbonROM/android_kernel_google_wahoo/+/8217
maybe later if i can yes

Your kernel is good and Im trying to save my changes but when I reboot changes didn't realize. I tried with Kernel Adiutor and FK Kernel Manager
everything than you have changed with kernel adiutor it need to be saved in a profile if you want everything changed from you it, they will be restored after boot go to "profile", click "+" symbol, chooice "importe" tick everything in table and save with a casual name than you like. now click in 3 dots of your profile and tick "after boot". that's all

Reactions: zoel.fahmi

Notorted020

Sep 24, 2016
This kernel has surprised me.... Balanced in all ways... Good work dev... Device acting stable in every way ... Best kernel out there for mido!!

Reactions: elmer91

noone315

Feb 8, 2019
I don't use edxp?

@emabertax
I use wolf r5+magisk v19.0+edxposed v0.3.1.7-beta.
But edxp cann't working...I try other kernel+magisk v19.0+edxposed v0.3.1.7-beta,edxp is working.
My rom is havoc official 27/03/2019.
I very like wolf kernel,hope you can fix it.?

Last edited:

Asrafull

Dec 16, 2017
i am on another custom kernel (extreme kernel) now i want to switch wolf kernel.so what should i do?will just flash with twrp?or need to do another thing?

emabertax

Dec 2, 2015
Cuneo IT
@emabertax
I use wolf r5+magisk v19.0+edxposed v0.3.1.7-beta.
But edxp cann't working...I try other kernel+magisk v19.0+edxposed v0.3.1.7-beta,edxp is working.
My rom is havoc official 27/03/2019.
I very like wolf kernel,hope you can fix it.
I use latest stable magisk v18, magisk v19 is a beta, with "beta" it means everything more functionality or more bug, if you get bug in a beta magisk use latest stable magisk.

i am on another custom kernel (extreme kernel) now i want to switch wolf kernel.so what should i do?will just flash with twrp?or need to do another thing?
You should reflash stock boot.img (you can find it in rom.zip) before flash kernel, if you don't use stock kernel of your rom, because you can get incompatibility with ramdisk. This kernel use "anykernel" method. this is better than old method because this keep original ramdisk of rom's stock kernel to get more stability

fath_mu

Sep 30, 2018
Hi Dev, I've test this kernel, and overall is very good. But, the CPU OC is eror, i've set it in KA to 2.7K but when i play PUBG, the CPU back to 1.3K, and PUBG is very lag.
My ROM is Bootleggers.
Anyway, Thanks very much Dev, you're Awesome :highfive: .
After I use thermal-engine by TheHitMan07 in Magisk, and after that edit kernel in Darkness Control (KA Mod), that all issues is fixed but sometimes get drop.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190404-080927_PUBG_MOBILE.jpg
    Screenshot_20190404-080927_PUBG_MOBILE.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 444
  • Screenshot_20190404-111620_PUBG_MOBILE.jpg
    Screenshot_20190404-111620_PUBG_MOBILE.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:

baba9

Apr 15, 2014
Hi Dev, I've test this kernel, and overall is very good. But, the CPU OC is eror, i've set it in KA to 2.7K but when i play PUBG, the CPU back to 1.3K, and PUBG is very lag.
My ROM is Bootleggers.
After I use thermal-engine by TheHitMan07 in Magisk, and after that edit kernel in Darkness Control (KA Mod), that all issues is fixed but sometimes get drop.
Use this

emabertax

Dec 2, 2015
Cuneo IT
My ROM is Bootleggers.
It's strange than there are problem with frequencies, with Wolf Kernel you use original KA. Have you reflashed stock boot image before install Wolf Kernel?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WOLF KERNEL

c6bu6y77tnpnjs46g.jpg

KERNEL FEATURES:
    OC and NO OC version
    OC version:
    CPU: 480 - 3033 MHz
    GPU: 133 - 1166 MHz
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    NO OC version:
    CPU: 480 - 2016 MHz
    GPU: 133 - 650 MHz
    CPU Governor:
    • barry_allen
    • bioshock
    • blu_active
    • cafactive
    • conservativex
    • darkness
    • dancedance
    • impulse
    • intelliactive
    • intellimm
    • interactivex
    • ironactive
    • lionheart
    • ondemandplus
    • ondemandx
    • preservative
    • smartassv2
    • smartmax
    • smartmax_eps
    • wave
    • wheatley
    • yankactive
    • zzmoove
    CPU planning awake: yes
    CPU Input Boost
    CPU Voltage Control
    GPU governors: msm-adreno-plus, adreno balanced, adreno guardian
    GPU Adreno Idler
    HotPlug: AutoMSP, Thunderplug, Lazyplug, Alucard Hotplug, Intelli Hotplug, Bluplug, Msm Hotplug, zen decision
    Intellithermal
    KCAL control
    Backlight dimmer
    Sound control
    DTS Eagle audio support
    I/O scheduler: anxiety, fifo, fioops, sio, sio plus, tripndroid, vr, zen
    Selinux: Enforcing
    Fast Charge: USB Yes
    TCP Congestion Algorithms
    CRC software control
    Powersuspend
    Wakelock Blockers
    Fingerprint boost
    DevFreq Boost
    Spectrum Support
    Undervolt: -60mV
    Linux Version: 3.18.140
    Merged tag 'LA.UM.7.5.r1-05300-8x96.0'

Android rom support: AOSP (or based on them)
    Android version support:
    • Oreo (Treble)
    • Pie
    • Q

CHANGELOG: see second post or Click Here
    Download: Android File Host

Installation Type: anykernel3
    Anykernel keep the ramdisk of stock kernel to get more stability

XDA DevDB Information
    [Kernel][Mido]Wolf Kernel

Contributors:
    a big thanks to: @Alek Dev, @cheewaca, @Jairus980
    Source Code: https://github.com/emabertax/Wolf-Kernel

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: r13
    Stable Release Date: 2019/12/10

Created: 2019-02-25
    Last Updated: 2019/12/10
    Changelog Wolf Kernel r12:
    build date: 24/07/2019

- Linux version updated from latest 3.18 source
    - Merged tag LA.UM.7.5.r1-05300-8x96.0
    - removed audio overclock
    - removed devfreq boost

This is the final release of Wolf Kernel, Project is ended, the reasons are than I have few time and I work. Thanks for support from everyone, i'm happy than a lot of users have appreciated Wolf Kernel. I never asked for a donation but, if you really want to thank me, please give a thanks clicking on thanks button at first post of thread. I recommend to keep joined in telegram channel for news (you never know).
    THANKS TO EVERYONE :)
    PROJECT: CLOSED
    CHANGELOG:

Wolf Kernel r13 (10/12/2019): Click Here
    Wolf Kernel r12 (24/07/2019): Click Here
    Wolf Kernel r11 (03/07/2019): Click Here
    Wolf Kernel r10 (19/06/2019): Click Here
    Wolf Kernel r9.1 (23/05/2019): Click Here
    Wolf Kernel r9 (20/05/2019): Click Here
    Wolf Kernel r8 (09/05/2019): Click Here
    Wolf Kernel r7 (22/04/2019): Click Here
    Wolf Kernel r6 (09/04/2019): Click Here