• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

FINAL-[ROM][4.4.4r2]p6200/p6210/t869](30Dec2014)Omni4.4.4-HOMEMAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

daniel_hk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
With a few requests from tab-plus owners, I started building ROMs for tab-plus. I don't want to ignor anyone so built for all models.
I can't reply all post because I don't have the tab to test. However, I tried to answer all PMs as detail as possible. Once a while in these few months, I received a few hostile PMs, calling me names, etc. I might have asked too many questions. I don't have the ability to guess what model or which ROM if they are not mentioned. I don't know why asking for a screen shot, a video or details would be too much for someone.
Anyway, I over estimated myself to support a device I don't have. I have spent too much resource and I don't think I can do this any more. Bye. :)
*** As a closure, I include all model in this final build. See my 7.7 thread for details ***

cropped-omnirom_logo_layout.png

This is a homemake(omni's term) build of the open ROM Omni4.4.2 for the Samsung GalaxyTab Plus.
Although some features proposed(eg. Multiwindow) are not yet implement, it is worth trying and we are very lucky to follow this main stream! :D

Release notes:
2014/7/22
Omni 4.4.4 still use the 4.4.4r1 tree. I worked on the kernel again to improve performance. GPU is boost to 400Mhz which increase Antutu score by 2k+. zRAM support and KSM upgrade are also included.

2014/6/7
Omni is the first few release 4.4.3r1.1. Customer IR driver is added. You can enjoy all the IR remote apps now. Major update from Bluez also included. No much progress but 4.4.3r1.1 is definitely a hit. Cheers!
 History

2014/5/4
Trying a few settings in Linaro, including O3 optimization. No apparent different... May be the blobs are bottlenecks. Switch back to original toolchain. In this build, charging animation is fixed, Lockscreen rotation is fixed and bluetooth update from Bluez. I haven't encounter DSP manager crash. Don't know if it is fixed.:laugh:

2014/4/12
This build included all the fixes in my cm11 and so as the only minor issue...I built this with the Linaro toolchain 4.7.4 for both kernel and platform. Tested it for a few hours and no observable bug with Linaro. I'll let you guys to see if there are any performance difference and issues with Linaro. ;)

2014/3/30
No progress on the rotation issue. Tracing through the kernel, driver and frameworks. Lots of changes since 4.4... :cyclops:
There are some major updates in Omni and it's been too long for an update. Wifi-tethering is working now. Some patch to the wifi driver. Hoping to make it more stable. Top mic is enabled in the driver now. Hoping better quality during calls.
AFH might need longer to upload, try goo first.

2014/3/10
It's been too long for an Omni update. There are some cool Quick Settings features which are unique to Omni. In the last two builds, I had to disable some of them to avoid SystemUI from crash. I finally pull everything together this weekend. We are now having full features of Omni.
Recent menu and screenshots are free from glitches now. Rotation glitches are still there... Some fixes in bluetooth. Hoping it is more stable.
For some unknow reason, pa_gapp-micro crash some system app. eg. SystemUI.
Don't flash pa_gapps-micro to this Omni. Others pa_gapps are OK.

2014/2/9
It was a productive week. I finally port bluez5 to Android 4.4! Although only pairing and file transfer is working, it is a hugh step for us. bluez.org team is working on other services now. Very happy that we are the first device having bluetooth working without bluedroid! Cheers! :highfive:
It's sad that CM11 needs extra care so it's Omni again. In this build, GPS is fixed. Multi-window will be an option from now. Omni can merge su to settings menu now so default superuser is removed. One step closer to Official Omni. ;)
** The mirror on Mega is discontinued. **

2014/1/24
Finally back to the roms after a busy week! Everything seems quite smooth. Mange to make the new multi-window to work. I also fixed a bug in the wifi driver. Hoping no more ON/OFF now. OmniTorch is fixed and quick fixes on Camera for video recording.
As BeanStalk had make wifi tethering working, it motivated me to take a look. It was not that hard as I thought. Wifi tethering and wifi direct is working now. Two less items in the do list. Bluetooth would be the final large piece of pizzle. Cheers! ;)

2014/1/18 -- Seems the multi-window patch casue some systemUI crash. Please wait for a while.
Just return from a trip. Omni is now Android 4.4.2. Sim card will take a while to be recognized after reboot (upto a few min.). I don't have problem in WiFi since the last release but I change a few things in WiFi. Factory reset is essential. In case of repeated ON/OFF, you may try turning off the Wifi optimization in the advace menu. If not working, only a factory reset can help. Don't know why yet.
GPS has conflict with telephony. Lock GPS at air-plane mode first if you have trouble with it.
Multi-Window cherry pick not working in new source. Not quite sure why... Don't have much spare time lately but I'll try to keep it up. ;)

2013/12/12
Just Mange to include the preliminary multi-window source for the 4.4.2 test build. I made a patch for the existing OmniROM. Although the codes is preliminary, it works great. Some apps might not work but overall is worth trying. I might include it in the later builds if it doesn't cause crash. Files will also be found in the download links. Flash the MultiWindow-patch zip in recovery. (A revert zip is also provided) Cheers! :cool:
The commit message from the owner Guillaume Lesniak:
[WIP] Multi-window

This is a big work in progress, which currently has some bugs, but begins to look okay.
You can already multitask a little bit, by using the app switcher and long-pressing an icon,
then select "Add to Split View". Last window touched gets the key focus.
Code is very ugly, I know. Don't merge it, don't use it for now. Unless you want to make your code ugly.

Enjoy :)

2013/12/11
After a trial build for 7.7, seems it is quite interesting to have Omni. I'm willing to serve the minorities. Even though only few of you guys find it useful. If I have the resource, I will continue.;)

For Change Log and Known Issues, please visit my thread for 7.7:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2535734
Cheers!:victory:

Downloads: :highfive:
AFH: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=10304
goo.im: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/omnirom
mirror: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1cicXd#dir/path=/omnirom
kernel: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/kernel

Use latest 4.4.4 gapps: http://d-h.st/users/TKruzze
Or http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2012857

Recovery requirement
** CWM6, TWRP 2.3.1 or above is OK.
Most of the 4.4 Roms require the latest reovery with file_contexts and set_metadata support.I have patch the update-binary to work with old recoveries.

** See my thread to patch any gapps or ROMs with set_metadata fail **

Source: :cool:
kernel & device trees -will update the new kernel soon after testing
github: https://github.com/danielhk?tab=repositories

Credits: :good:
** The OmniROM team who have such a good idea and their hardworks
** All those who donate to me. Giving me the resources to upgrade my PC and accessories!
** Thanks koush for the opensource superuser and widget
** All those who help our cool tab's developments!

TIPS :http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47668044&postcount=2

Donations:

show.htm

Last edited:

TheHypebeast

Jan 24, 2011
I downloaded the multi-window zip but in recovery it stated it was a p6800 zip and was not installed...

2013/12/12
Just Mange to include the preliminary multi-window source for the 4.4.2 test build. I made a patch for the existing OmniROM. Although the codes is preliminary, it works great. Some apps might not work but overall is worth trying. I might include it in the later builds if it doesn't cause crash. Files will also be found in the download links. Flash the MultiWindow-patch zip in recovery. (A revert zip is also provided) Cheers! :cool:

mrgill

Aug 14, 2008
I got wifi issue on my P6200. It alway loop turn-on and turn-off wifi not work for me. However I think you can fix it soon. Cheers:good:

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
I downloaded the multi-window zip but in recovery it stated it was a p6800 zip and was not installed...

2013/12/12

Sorry, didn't think of that, will fix it and re-upload in an hour!
Files are replaced, but goo.im may take longer to upload. Try AFH and mirrors first. ;)

I got wifi issue on my P6200. It alway loop turn-on and turn-off wifi not work for me. However I think you can fix it soon. Cheers:good:

See the Tips (#2 post) in my 7.7 thread. For some router, turn OFF the Wi-Fi optimization will fix that.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: kevintangi

mrgill

Aug 14, 2008
Which link is broken? Please provide details next time.
I already have a few mirrors. Most likely you would get what you want.

Good luck!

Edit: You probably meant the link to my 7.7 thread. I have updated it. Enjoy! ;)
Sent from my Nexus 7 on OmniROM4.4.1

I try follow your tip for fix wifi on omni 4.4.1 but it still loop turn-on and turn-off.:crying:

mrgill

Aug 14, 2008
Don't know why didn't work for you. Do a clean flash (a factory reset in recovery) if you are not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Sure I try factory reset yet. One issue not same old wifi issue is when screen rotate it not smooth it happen long dot line (sorry for my eng) like death pixel everytime when screen rotate.

wtherrell

Dec 30, 2008
Daniel, sending you a donation for your work on the GT+. I'm still on PA 3.68 but looking to get up to 4.3 and eventually 4.4. Can I go right to this rom from PA 3.68? Maybe I'll switch from PA.
Donation confirmation # 7KH50631CF6144401,

Reactions: lobai

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Daniel, sending you a donation for your work on the GT+. I'm still on PA 3.68 but looking to get up to 4.3 and eventually 4.4. Can I go right to this rom from PA 3.68? Maybe I'll switch from PA.
Donation confirmation # 7KH50631CF6144401,

Thanks for your generosity! ;)

Since don't have enough resource, I'll drop 4.3 and concentrate on 4.4.
There are features like bluetooth and mobiledate not working in 4.4 yet. It may not be suitable for everyone's daily driver. Make a backup in recovery first if you want to test it.

Good luck!

Reactions: kevintangi

skivnit

May 21, 2012
Ahh great now I can run omni on this unused tablet. Great work Daniel. Too bad we don't have custom kernels for this

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

2ndaccord

Jun 24, 2010
Does anyone now how to get the multi window to work? I flashed the zip but don't know how to get it to work.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With a few requests from tab-plus owners, I started building ROMs for tab-plus. I don't want to ignor anyone so built for all models.
    I can't reply all post because I don't have the tab to test. However, I tried to answer all PMs as detail as possible. Once a while in these few months, I received a few hostile PMs, calling me names, etc. I might have asked too many questions. I don't have the ability to guess what model or which ROM if they are not mentioned. I don't know why asking for a screen shot, a video or details would be too much for someone.
    Anyway, I over estimated myself to support a device I don't have. I have spent too much resource and I don't think I can do this any more. Bye. :)
    *** As a closure, I include all model in this final build. See my 7.7 thread for details ***

cropped-omnirom_logo_layout.png

This is a homemake(omni's term) build of the open ROM Omni4.4.2 for the Samsung GalaxyTab Plus.
    Although some features proposed(eg. Multiwindow) are not yet implement, it is worth trying and we are very lucky to follow this main stream! :D

Release notes:
    2014/7/22
    Omni 4.4.4 still use the 4.4.4r1 tree. I worked on the kernel again to improve performance. GPU is boost to 400Mhz which increase Antutu score by 2k+. zRAM support and KSM upgrade are also included.

2014/6/7
    Omni is the first few release 4.4.3r1.1. Customer IR driver is added. You can enjoy all the IR remote apps now. Major update from Bluez also included. No much progress but 4.4.3r1.1 is definitely a hit. Cheers!
     History

2014/5/4
    Trying a few settings in Linaro, including O3 optimization. No apparent different... May be the blobs are bottlenecks. Switch back to original toolchain. In this build, charging animation is fixed, Lockscreen rotation is fixed and bluetooth update from Bluez. I haven't encounter DSP manager crash. Don't know if it is fixed.:laugh:

2014/4/12
    This build included all the fixes in my cm11 and so as the only minor issue...I built this with the Linaro toolchain 4.7.4 for both kernel and platform. Tested it for a few hours and no observable bug with Linaro. I'll let you guys to see if there are any performance difference and issues with Linaro. ;)

2014/3/30
    No progress on the rotation issue. Tracing through the kernel, driver and frameworks. Lots of changes since 4.4... :cyclops:
    There are some major updates in Omni and it's been too long for an update. Wifi-tethering is working now. Some patch to the wifi driver. Hoping to make it more stable. Top mic is enabled in the driver now. Hoping better quality during calls.
    AFH might need longer to upload, try goo first.

2014/3/10
    It's been too long for an Omni update. There are some cool Quick Settings features which are unique to Omni. In the last two builds, I had to disable some of them to avoid SystemUI from crash. I finally pull everything together this weekend. We are now having full features of Omni.
    Recent menu and screenshots are free from glitches now. Rotation glitches are still there... Some fixes in bluetooth. Hoping it is more stable.
    For some unknow reason, pa_gapp-micro crash some system app. eg. SystemUI.
    Don't flash pa_gapps-micro to this Omni. Others pa_gapps are OK.

2014/2/9
    It was a productive week. I finally port bluez5 to Android 4.4! Although only pairing and file transfer is working, it is a hugh step for us. bluez.org team is working on other services now. Very happy that we are the first device having bluetooth working without bluedroid! Cheers! :highfive:
    It's sad that CM11 needs extra care so it's Omni again. In this build, GPS is fixed. Multi-window will be an option from now. Omni can merge su to settings menu now so default superuser is removed. One step closer to Official Omni. ;)
    ** The mirror on Mega is discontinued. **

2014/1/24
    Finally back to the roms after a busy week! Everything seems quite smooth. Mange to make the new multi-window to work. I also fixed a bug in the wifi driver. Hoping no more ON/OFF now. OmniTorch is fixed and quick fixes on Camera for video recording.
    As BeanStalk had make wifi tethering working, it motivated me to take a look. It was not that hard as I thought. Wifi tethering and wifi direct is working now. Two less items in the do list. Bluetooth would be the final large piece of pizzle. Cheers! ;)

2014/1/18 -- Seems the multi-window patch casue some systemUI crash. Please wait for a while.
    Just return from a trip. Omni is now Android 4.4.2. Sim card will take a while to be recognized after reboot (upto a few min.). I don't have problem in WiFi since the last release but I change a few things in WiFi. Factory reset is essential. In case of repeated ON/OFF, you may try turning off the Wifi optimization in the advace menu. If not working, only a factory reset can help. Don't know why yet.
    GPS has conflict with telephony. Lock GPS at air-plane mode first if you have trouble with it.
    Multi-Window cherry pick not working in new source. Not quite sure why... Don't have much spare time lately but I'll try to keep it up. ;)

2013/12/12
    The commit message from the owner Guillaume Lesniak:
    [WIP] Multi-window

This is a big work in progress, which currently has some bugs, but begins to look okay.
    You can already multitask a little bit, by using the app switcher and long-pressing an icon,
    then select "Add to Split View". Last window touched gets the key focus.
    Code is very ugly, I know. Don't merge it, don't use it for now. Unless you want to make your code ugly.

Enjoy :)

2013/12/11
    After a trial build for 7.7, seems it is quite interesting to have Omni. I'm willing to serve the minorities. Even though only few of you guys find it useful. If I have the resource, I will continue.;)

For Change Log and Known Issues, please visit my thread for 7.7:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2535734
    Cheers!:victory:

Downloads: :highfive:
    AFH: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=10304
    goo.im: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/omnirom
    mirror: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1cicXd#dir/path=/omnirom
    kernel: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/kernel

Use latest 4.4.4 gapps: http://d-h.st/users/TKruzze
    Or http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2012857

Recovery requirement
    ** CWM6, TWRP 2.3.1 or above is OK.
    Most of the 4.4 Roms require the latest reovery with file_contexts and set_metadata support.I have patch the update-binary to work with old recoveries.

** See my thread to patch any gapps or ROMs with set_metadata fail **

Source: :cool:
    kernel & device trees -will update the new kernel soon after testing
    github: https://github.com/danielhk?tab=repositories

Credits: :good:
    ** The OmniROM team who have such a good idea and their hardworks
    ** All those who donate to me. Giving me the resources to upgrade my PC and accessories!
    ** Thanks koush for the opensource superuser and widget
    ** All those who help our cool tab's developments!

TIPS :http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47668044&postcount=2

Donations:

show.htm

it's great work... but, i think you're too many build different rom with the same bugs. I wondering why you're not focus to fix it first (not offense). Anyway, once again, great work!!

Exactly what I wanted to say!

I have a development guide which list all the problems our tabs facing. Some of you guys might already read my posts and know what's wrong. If not, some might keep on repeating what's already listed. I really don't have time to repeat and repeat my answers every time... I have no choice but unwillingly ignored some of them. :(

Yes, I'm building a few outstanding roms. It's mostly for fun and for testing. Each rom might have some parts useful. Every now and then, I look for fixes from different roms. It is definitely not wasting time. eg. I got the hardware fixes from Omni and put it into CM. I compare codes from different roms to make it work for our tab all the time.

Some of the issues (eg. bluetooth) are better wait for the official to fix. They are surely better knowledge than me in their field. I have made some patches but I leave the services to Bluez. Otherwise, I have to redo and revert to adapt the new commits. This would be really wasting time.

What I would do are those hardware related issues first. If I know how to fix it, surely I won't put it aside and playing with something else.:cyclops:

As I mentioned before, I just do it for fun and its free. I always appreciate you guys reports. Your posts are for sharing and helping. I cherish any report even if they are mean. If possible, go through the posts and my threads. Most of the time you would get your answers there. And if anyone interested, you may take over and I'll share all my works. ;)

The new cm11 with bluetooth fix is coming. I'm not a rich man. Thanks for some donations, I can spare 1T for Roms only but it is almost full now! Naturally, I'll build and test with my 7.7 first. Then I need to delete some intermediate files to make room for Tab-plus builds. Uploading is another painful job. You guys have to wait hours longer. That's the best I can do. :D
    I loved the hour that I had this firmware installed on my Tab, however due to the extreme lack of GPS (even when going into airplane mode and attempting to get a GPS lock) I've had to revert back to 4.1.2 stock deodexed.

I'll be watching this thread to see whether anyone manages to fix the GPS issue tho!

A new omni build is out. Check the change log in my 7.7 thread. I got GPS fixed in my 7.7. Don't know if it works for 7.0.
    Please report... ;)
    Daniel,

Great news!

The work is progressing well, looks great in the Kitkat Tab Plus! Congratulations on your efforts, really gave a new life. We know the long way, yet is close to the official route. Great OmniROM!
    First of all I wanna thank you for the time that you took out of your busy life to develop these roms for our dead tablets! :)
    My tablet is P6200 WiFi+3G

I have downloaded and installed the latest OMNI build -coming from stock and applied 3 wipes- and found the following bugs:

1. Errors in display aside from the known glitches and the apps are not appearing as they are supposed to be in the app drawer. [see screenshots attached]
    2. The default camera app didn't work the first time I launched it and had to force close it. It worked in the second time -after a reboot- but switching between front-facing camera, back camera and switching between cam and camcorder caused the app to stop working as in black blank view!.
    3. The first time I opened Settings -right after fresh install- it caused the tab to froze and nothing was responding at all, so I had to force restart the tab via the power key.
    4.After a fresh install I used the lock key and after a while I tried to unlock -I pressed the lock key- but the tab froze again and nothing was responding -there was no light at all from the screen-.
    5. Sometimes while restarting the tab it freezes at the OMNI logo.

These were the bugs that I've found so far. I don't wanna continue using this rom and I plan on going back to stock JB or your port of PA 3.68. However, I am willing to test and report for you -if you need a p6200 to test, my tablet is all yours! :)- so this rom would be much much better. Just tell me exactly what do you need so you could solve these issues. :D

EDIT: Screen record isn't working too!