• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Finally....a New USA Firmware Update - NPNS25.137-35-5

Search This thread

Pig Vomit

Aug 20, 2008
Orange County, California
Stange, why would you have had the update for a week and I havn't even received it yet?

It's very typical for carriers and manufacturers (including Google for Nexus/Pixel) to do staggered rollouts of updates. It reduces server load, but more importantly, if there is a bug the people who get it early (there are typically not that many who get it early) would report the bug. Then the second batch of people getting it is bigger, then the third even bigger. Rollouts can last 3-4 weeks. I wouldn't panic. We are their beta testers.

Location probably doesn't matter. I'm based in OC, but currently in the Palm Springs area.

Last edited:

long2ski

May 18, 2014
I tried to adb sideload the zip above but I get an error. Any ideas? I dropped the name "BLUR version" and renamed the zip "update.zip"...got the error. I redownloaded and renamed to NPNS25.137-35-5...same error
Edit: here is the error message "package expects build thumbprint of 7.0/NPNS25.137-35-5/5 user release-keys or 7.0/NPN25.137-35/37 user release keys; this device has 7.0/NPN25.137-33/35 user/release -keys"
Is there another firmware that I need to download and apply first?
Edit 2: does motorola require fastboot all the files (unzipped) instead of adb? In my other phones I just put the update.zip file on the root directory and applied with stock recovery. That did not work either. Same error message.

Last edited:

redbeard1083

Aug 19, 2013
I tried to adb sideload the zip above but I get an error. Any ideas? I dropped the name "BLUR version" and renamed the zip "update.zip"...got the error. I redownloaded and renamed to NPNS25.137-35-5...same error
Edit: here is the error message "package expects build thumbprint of 7.0/NPNS25.137-35-5/5 user release-keys or 7.0/NPN25.137-35/37 user release keys; this device has 7.0/NPN25.137-33/35 user/release -keys"
Edit 2: does motorola require fastboot all the files (unzipped) instead of adb? In my other phones I just put the update.zip file on the root directory and applied with stock recovery. That did not work either. Same error message.

You should probably just wait until the OTA pops up on your device.

Reactions: long2ski

esoh

Jul 25, 2011
Nothing yet for me. Pennsylvania, RETUS. Will notify once I have it available.

I'm in NYC and just got it. I installed it but it was weird, my security updates updated to May 2017, but my build number is still NPNS25.137-33-5. I checked again for updates but it said I'm current. Also, my kernel is 3.18.31 dated 5/11/2017. Did I update?

JoRocker

Apr 13, 2017
I would say just be patient. I received the update yesterday. You've waited this long, right?

bitterkrab

Jul 10, 2012
Im in NYC as well and just got the update. It showed as NPN25.137-35 but it said it was a 20MB download. I have the amazon prime version of the phone and once i finished the update, it still shows NPN25.137.33 and the security patch level still shows Jan1, 2017.
Now when i check for updates, software is up to date. Wierd. Anyone else experience this?

Pig Vomit

Aug 20, 2008
Orange County, California
I've checked for a US g5+ support page fairly regularly since getting the phone. It hasn't even been listed on the support page until the last week or so. But, while it's finally listed.......there's only a generic Lenovo placeholder on it. Several months after the phone's release.

https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Cell-Phones/Android-Series/Moto-G-Plus-5th-Gen

I've got a Lenovo laptop......their customer service and software upgrades suck. I once sent in my rather expensive Yoga laptop for warranty trackpad repair......and they had it for two months and despite repeated checking their website and calling, I could never get an estimated repair date. Finally, they gave me a date......4 more months. I raised holy hell and they sent me a new, more recent Yoga release. The support page for the laptop seems to update with Lenovo bloatware "upgrades" fairly regularly.....but their support for more important basic drivers is pretty lacking (wifi, bluetooth and graphics drivers from 2015 and 2016, anybody? Yeah, didn't think so.). And, yeah, first thing I do when getting any new PC is a clean install with no bloatware, but Lenovo also makes it tough to keep drivers updated through forced windows updates by using hardware IDs which make it hard for you to install generic component drivers, unimportant drivers like Intel graphics drivers. So you install the latest, and a forced windows update uninstalls the Intel release and installs a mid-2016 driver for you. Thanks! So there are obscure ways to defeat that.

Oh, and then there's the touchpad Synaptics drivers (Lenovo specific) where two finger tap (right click menu) has NEVER been fixed. Takes a registry modification to fix it.

Anyway...enough venting about Lenovo/Moto poor support. I knew it when I purchased the phone, and I'd still buy it again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You should probably just wait until the OTA pops up on your device.
    I'm in NYC and just got it. I installed it but it was weird, my security updates updated to May 2017, but my build number is still NPNS25.137-33-5. I checked again for updates but it said I'm current. Also, my kernel is 3.18.31 dated 5/11/2017. Did I update?

yep. they added -5.
    OTA Update received today.
    (RETUS)

Now running Build Number:
    NPNS25.137-33-5

And Android Security Patch Level:
    May 1, 2017

Hopefully the next OTA will be Android O.
    NPN25-137-43-5 OTA available here if you haven't received it.