FINALLY! A way to permanently fix proximity sensor. [Without root/changing Rom]

Search This thread

joseriazor

Jan 20, 2017
Its been a while since some users of this phone ran to this problem. But in the end there's a way to fix it...
How:
Unlocking factory mode and correcting proximity sensor.

Go throught this:
  1. Dial *#06# to open up the IMEI information screen on your OnePlus device. Then, long press on the IMEI 1 field to copy it.
  2. Open the unlock code generator by clicking on this link and paste the IMEI in the blank field.
  3. Select Unlock for 10 Minutes.
  4. Press “CONVERT” to get the unlock code.
  5. Dial *#*#5646#*#* on your phone. You should see a screen that prompts you to scan a QR code. Press the back button so that you can access the code input field.
  6. Enter the unlock code in the field and press the “OK” button.
OnePlus-Factory-mode-unlocking.jpg
  1. If everything goes right, you should see the following screen:​

OnePlus Factory mode unlocked

1. Voila! Now you can access Factory Mode by dialing *#808# or *#36446337#.
Trought the FactoryMode:
When FactoryMode window pops-up you will be in Assembly test projects scroll right to: Device debug. You should see the following screen

GV3FdEx.jpg

Go to Proximity Sensor Test

LKet6T0.jpg

Check For yourself the infrared proximity test

Mine was crazy and kept stuck in near after I put my hand over.

If you got to here its time to do the calibration.
BE AWARE TO REMOVE THE CASE AND CLEAN THE SURFACE NEAR THE FRONT SPEAKER

1. Get yourself a white paper or a whitemask (Yeah i've done this way lol) and go near to a window for nice illumination, not too bright nor poor light. Just what you can get near a window in a cloudy day.​
  2. Put the phone on a flat surface​
  3. Do as the calibration test say and put the paper/mask over the speaker of the phone above 5 cms. and Check.​
  4. Go to test, try covering/uncovering with your hand over 5 cms and you should find yourself with something like this, if not try calibrating again:​

Nice! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: jitd

jitd

Oct 23, 2014
OnePlus 9RT
Hi! I don't know if you are still following this Post.... In my OP 9RT I cannot go into Factory Mode, the code is not working. I got the device specific code from the Link provided with my IEMI , but the *#*#5646#*#* isn't working!
Any work around possible , please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its been a while since some users of this phone ran to this problem. But in the end there's a way to fix it...
    How:
    Unlocking factory mode and correcting proximity sensor.

Go throught this:
    1. Dial *#06# to open up the IMEI information screen on your OnePlus device. Then, long press on the IMEI 1 field to copy it.
    2. Open the unlock code generator by clicking on this link and paste the IMEI in the blank field.
    3. Select Unlock for 10 Minutes.
    4. Press “CONVERT” to get the unlock code.
    5. Dial *#*#5646#*#* on your phone. You should see a screen that prompts you to scan a QR code. Press the back button so that you can access the code input field.
    6. Enter the unlock code in the field and press the “OK” button.
    OnePlus-Factory-mode-unlocking.jpg
    1. If everything goes right, you should see the following screen:​

OnePlus Factory mode unlocked

1. Voila! Now you can access Factory Mode by dialing *#808# or *#36446337#.
    Trought the FactoryMode:
    When FactoryMode window pops-up you will be in Assembly test projects scroll right to: Device debug. You should see the following screen

GV3FdEx.jpg

Go to Proximity Sensor Test

LKet6T0.jpg

Check For yourself the infrared proximity test

Mine was crazy and kept stuck in near after I put my hand over.

If you got to here its time to do the calibration.
    BE AWARE TO REMOVE THE CASE AND CLEAN THE SURFACE NEAR THE FRONT SPEAKER

1. Get yourself a white paper or a whitemask (Yeah i've done this way lol) and go near to a window for nice illumination, not too bright nor poor light. Just what you can get near a window in a cloudy day.​
    2. Put the phone on a flat surface​
    3. Do as the calibration test say and put the paper/mask over the speaker of the phone above 5 cms. and Check.​
    4. Go to test, try covering/uncovering with your hand over 5 cms and you should find yourself with something like this, if not try calibrating again:​

Nice! ;)