Finally: Android 2.2 introduced on Google I/O

Search This thread

Shand359

Jul 20, 2005
As a former Windows Mobile fan I made the switch to Android because it looked like the way forward due to the amount of interest it had generated.
I wouldnt hold my breath for Android 2.1 never mind 2.2. HTC are too concerned with making money from releasing new handsets to worry about upgrading old ones. I have never known an OS to be so quickly discarded for a new version, with no update for older ones. At least Windows Mobile has pretty contant update (some were quite buggy, but at least they were there).

Hats off to the dev's who are trying to get it working on their own. I fear they are going to be our only hope with an upgrade.

I've never wanted to be proved wrong as much...................

TheSSJ

• Feb 25, 2010
    I read on the German news that HTC will update all their Smartphones they released in 2010 (Droid Incredible, Desire, etc.)!!!! Since our Tattoo is 2009 we can forget getting any support from them. We have to support our devs to get decent results in ROM development...:/

DriesDude

Apr 9, 2010
    nexworx.com
    It's true, the chance that the Tattoo will get a Froyo update is practically unexistent. It isn't even confirmed for all 2010 phones.

Source: engadget.com/2010/05/21/htc-most-phones-launched-in-2010-will-get-android-2-2/

I'm still hoping that HTC will release a 2.1 update for the Tattoo somewhere in June. If they don't do it in June, they never will. :(