Finally android on Artemis

Search This thread

sandeep_b_h

Sep 21, 2008
All,

The project "Wing Linux" is hosted at sourceforge.net, the aim of the project is to
port Linux and Android on OMAP 850 devices.

Lots and lots of thanks to Cory Maccarrone <darkstar6262@gmail.com> for porting android onto OMAP850

For more information on this visit
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/wing-linux/wiki

To download source code
git://wing-linux.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/wing-linux

To install on artemis

downloadwing-linux-0.4pre3.zip from the download link http://sourceforge.net/projects/wing-linux/files/Wing%20Linux%20Development/0.4pre3/wing-linux-0.4pre3.zip/download on the sourceforge.net,

From the zip file install the following files in the given order
1) wing-linux-0.4pre3-rootfs.cab

2) wing-linux-0.4pre3-herald.cab
or
wing-linux-0.4pre3-prophet.cab

then browse to programs and run Wing-linux.exe
wait for 15 mins for the first time.

Pls test.

1000020.jpg

1000016f.jpg

1000022y.jpg

1000024l.jpg

ryomahino

Sep 7, 2007
Lima
I tried te rootfs and the herald cab works fine for me I my orbit.
The GSM works I receive a phone call and a SMS too and both works.
Need more work for let use the buttons: the right softkey and windows button type "6" and "N" and "M" respectively, and We need a back button urgently
If i use the wizard or prophet cab I use android in portrait because all is in landscape.

ryomahino

Sep 7, 2007
Lima
Well I just make the steps posted in first post and wait.
Now I can run android but the buttons are not mapped yet, but xplayerku is working on that and maybe Darkstar can have a board support for artemis soon.

uzairrrrr

Jan 3, 2007
Android update

Hi Guys,

This rom cannot be updated on shady 313 WM6.5 Rom. if you want to update android you should change your operation soft ware to any other one.

Regards,
Hassam Moin

d-signet

May 17, 2005
Hi Guys,

This rom cannot be updated on shady 313 WM6.5 Rom. if you want to update android you should change your operation soft ware to any other one.

Regards,
Hassam Moin

its not a rom
it's still experimental
it isnt finished yet
getting it run on half working hybrid 6.5 rom will be quite far down the priority list

just for the developers information, it runs fine on pdhee's last 6.5 rom...or rather it did until i tried it this morning and it crashed out with the kernel error that others are reporting (cant mount fs).

reading the dev lists it looks like some poeple think this is an sd driver issue or something that was introduced in the new version

waiting for a fix anyway

Last edited:

ryomahino

Sep 7, 2007
Lima
cuzzo94 the page that you found is the page for this project:)
the reason for that you dont close applications its because until now we dont have mapped the hardware buttons.
xplayerku is working on that and maybe darkstar too (i hope so).
BabelOued work in a similar project few years ago.
Hi,

Did you see that i do all job your are doing again ? one year ago, check kernel here with all driver working for artemis, missing wifi / battery / sound now.

http://git.linuxtogo.org/?p=groups/mobile-linux/kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/htc-omap
like he said he has working some drivers.
Maybe some programmer could mix the 2 projects.

d-signet

May 17, 2005
if you read the thread, they are discussing making a specific artemis board config.

i think this needs to be done before we get any more progress

once the board config is done for artemis it can be fixed to run properly, but we need to wait for them to do this.

at the moment there are board configs for wing, prophet, herald and wizard, but no artemis so our phones are being booted pretending to be one of these 4 devices (which is why it doesnt quite work properly yet)

Top Liked Posts