Finally Galaxy tab S will receive Marshmallow.

Search This thread

gts84

Jul 25, 2018
hello, when the Marshmallow released for SM-T705?
I'm currently using SM-705 and running at 4.4.2 Kitkat and having performance issue, sometimes this tab perform too slow and some lag
is it possible if i upgrade it to Marshmallow without upgrade to Lollipop first?
i'm currently living in Indonesia

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
hello, when the Marshmallow released for SM-T705?
I'm currently using SM-705 and running at 4.4.2 Kitkat and having performance issue, sometimes this tab perform too slow and some lag
is it possible if i upgrade it to Marshmallow without upgrade to Lollipop first?
i'm currently living in Indonesia
Updato.com

Reactions: gts84

Akopps

Jan 19, 2015

Sorry to point the obvious, but I thought this was the normal Tab S behavior since its original release no matter what ROM you use :)

The term "lag" is certainly subjective, but I think we all can agree that the Tab S interface is not always smooth. Once the app is launched, it normally works well, but the OS GUI is laggy. I think the problem here is that the Quad-HD resolution screen (or whatever they call it) was well ahead of whatever CPU/GPU combos that were available to Samsung at that time. It also didn't help that the Exynos SoCs which were installed on most of these tables came with Mali-T628 GPUs which had even less performance than the Adreno 330 GPU used on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800/801 SoC's.

I actually think that things could have been better with a 1920x1200 screen, which I would have preferred if I had a choice.

Reactions: gts84

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/89326/T805XXU1CPH5_T805OXA1CPH6_DBT/

6.0.1 firmware for Chagalllte ala sm-t805, I'll be working to get cm-13.0 up and running properly now that we have this release.

I'll stick to my tab S just for the 16:10 aspect ratio alone. Does anyone actually do work on a tab s2? A 4:3 ratio is terrible for media consumption.

The progress of the Tab S series is slow. But I can't totally blame "the greedy Samsung" for it. It is a common knowledge by now that the tablet market has pretty much collapsed. The demand is weak, and the sales are not very high. As a result, we see very little activity in the tablet space. The Apple hardware is certainly very good, but you pay 500-800USD for their premium tablet, while the big-screen Android tablet prices start under 400USD. A whole lot of companies update their tablets every couple of years. For example, the Nvidia tablet is basically the same shield tablet they presented in 2014. There is no new replacement for the 2014 Nexus 9. Samsung on the other hand does update its Tab S tablets every summer, but the updates are sorta-kinda "lukewarm". The screen, the design, and the build are good, while the internal specs are somewhat poor.

Yes. They were awesome when they were first starting out. The galaxy note 10.1 tablets were great and the 12.2 tablet was nice too. They had the first smooth SOC's out there for Android. The transformer pro and others were sluggish and had dumb engineering errors like cripplingly slow emmc.

But now that they've seen what sales are like, they've cancelled like half their models. The note line was merged with the Tab A and isn't called note anymore. The note 12.2 successor is nowhere to be found. They also never spent much on R&D, using the exact SOC from their phones; even phones that were 1 generation old. Apple uses more higher end product still in their ipads versus their iphone.

Why do you figure the tablet market is falling off? Maybe people are starting to adopt the 2 in 1 laptops with 10-12" screens? Maybe they're tired of Android and not one really 100% working web browser? Maybe buggy versions of Android that the manufacturer's have introduced with their ROMs and bloatware?

Just trying to figure it out cause it DOES seem to be declining to me too...I've no stats to quote but it just doesn't feel good when no one seems to be coming up with the next better than ever version.

Because 95% of people who buy tablets don't use them to do anything useful or demanding. They use them to watch youtube videos and play hearthstone. You don't need a new tablet to do that. You can simply buy even an older ipad 2 and get what you need. All of us mostly have no reason to upgrade from a tab S. It has AC wifi that can stream 20mbps 1080p MKV's and the power to decode them. That's literally the most demanding thing I ask the tablet to do and it does the job fine. It also has better battery life and a more useful aspect ratio than the S2.

Those specs get rumored for some months now but they are nonsense. Those are the specs of the 2016 refresh of the Tab S2, which is out for weeks already. That a lot of sites still publish that nonsense is just proof of how little the media cares about tablets and the general quality of tech journalism.

I hope this is true, but if and when Marshmallow comes out it won't matter. My note 4 was getting a little sluggish but after Marshmallow it's smooth as silk. I'm hoping for the same for the tab S.
    Just waiting for the next article: "Galaxy Tab S won't receive Marshmallow after all".

Anyway, if we get a stable Nougat rom I will never use Touchwiz on my tab again. Split screen ftw.
    they say it will now http://www.sammobile.com/2016/08/22...e-original-galaxy-tab-s-will-get-marshmallow/

until tomorrow when they say that was a mistake
    And that sh.t Knox to be pass

I am not sure in what way the Knox system prevents you from doing anything to your device. The Knox does not prevent you from rooting the device, installing TWRP, or from flashing roms. Samsung often calls Knox the "warranty bit", but that's a bull name that has no legal meaning.