Finally got the Android 11 update on my 5 II

Nezorflame

Sep 7, 2009
Moscow
nezorfla.me
So we in RU were the last ones to receive the December security patch 2 days ago... and now we're the first ones to receive the Android 11 update for the XQ-AS52 model: XperiCheck.com - Xperia 5 II (XQ-AS52) - Customized RU
What a time to be alive.

Anyways, the update is live on the XperiFirm. I've updated without the userdata to preserve my data.
Everything works, they've even fixed the refresh rate bug (screen was stuck on 60hz for some time after the reboot for me).

WARNING: The only thing that doesn't work for me right now is Magisk - flashing the patched boot.img resulted in a bootloop.
Will try to grab logcat later to see if it has anything of value.
For now I don't know if it's caused by some of my modules from the A10 install, may have to clean flash later to confirm, but just in case, be prepared that the same might happen to you.

If you have any additional questions about the update, fire away.

Attachments

Jayram2000

Sep 14, 2015
Tampa
So we in RU were the last ones to receive the December security patch 2 days ago... and now we're the first ones to receive the Android 11 update for the XQ-AS52 model: XperiCheck.com - Xperia 5 II (XQ-AS52) - Customized RU
What a time to be alive.

Anyways, the update is live on the XperiFirm. I've updated without the userdata to preserve my data.
Everything works, they've even fixed the refresh rate bug (screen was stuck on 60hz for some time after the reboot for me).

WARNING: The only thing that doesn't work for me right now is Magisk - flashing the patched boot.img resulted in a bootloop.
For now I don't know if it's caused by some of my modules from the A10 install, may have to clean flash later to confirm, but just in case, be prepared that the same might happen to you.

Nice!

My XQ-AS72 has gotten it too, but not my specific regional model. The SEA model has it, but my HK model hasn't gotten it yet. I'm tempted to try it over the HK rom, idk if that would have any negative effects.

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008
As many users have complained about the camera (personally I have no problems with it), have you noticed any changes to it?

141ptkelly

Nov 3, 2020
I got my XQ-AS72 yesterday. I live in Oaxaca, Mexico, my phone came from Seattle, Washington, in the U.S. and I'm guessing from the charger it originated somewhere in Europe. Two significant updates were waiting. I think one was a December security update and the other was Android 11.

kattara

May 2, 2011
Vancouver

Did you do the clean flash?