Finally!!! GUIDE To enable VoLTE and VoWifi on OOS 12.1 without root

Search This thread

haelargh

Aug 13, 2012
From the attachment you didnt miss anything
Reboot again your phone and then go check the ims status on
Settings-->About Device-->Status-->Sim card status

And there check "IMS Registration state"
Does it says registered or not registered ... If it says registered then your volte is working no matter that the icon doesnt show up on the status bar
Bit if it says not register then unfortunately volte is not working because you need addional steps with PDC to change the mbn profile but you need to have acces to engineering mode.. which at the moment unfortunately there is no a free way for getting the token for engineering mode

Read through this post to get an idea for the engineering mode
I've read the thread, quite a journey. Seems like the easiest way to get the token is to text Daniha.

GTool_Pro also is still cant be used right

caracciola

Dec 8, 2009
I've read the thread, quite a journey. Seems like the easiest way to get the token is to text Daniha.

GTool_Pro also is still cant be used right
Thats the only way unfortunately at the moment to get access to engineering mode

As for the updated version of pixel ims i alredy am aware of that but i didnt update the topic because it could only be confusing for others.... Like this its simpler because its doing the same thing....

lukazone

Jun 12, 2010
Lublin
Huawei Mate 20 Lite
Thank you very much for this guide! It works and you saved me from selling the phone.

One remark for the instruction is you have to enable the "disable permission monitoring" on developer options. You will find it at the end of the list.

❤️

nodiaque

Oct 20, 2008
Had that feature enable for many version and always worked. Problem is, you need to have a provider that support it. I'm with Rogers and here, if you don't have a Rogers phone, they don't support you. I called and did many support request and they always said we don't support you. All they have to do is to add my imei in their database but they say it's not like that.

I even prove to them it's not my phone by taking my gf Sim card (she have a Rogers pixel phone) and putting it in my phone. Volte and WiFi calling worked for 10 minutes until it locked it, I was even on a call when it happen. Then when I put my Sim in my gf phone, it took about 10 min for it to work.

neohq

Jun 8, 2014
Cluj
OnePlus 7 Pro
OP7 Pro - OOS 12.1 - GM1913_11.H.36 - Country: RO - Carrier Digi

While the VoLTE/VoWIFI settings have appeared after doing this stept it still doesn't work. Last time on OOS11 I had to copy some MBN profiles but from what I've read in this thread that is no longer possible on OOS12.1 (at least not easy)

caracciola

Dec 8, 2009
OP7 Pro - OOS 12.1 - GM1913_11.H.36 - Country: RO - Carrier Digi

While the VoLTE/VoWIFI settings have appeared after doing this stept it still doesn't work. Last time on OOS11 I had to copy some MBN profiles but from what I've read in this thread that is no longer possible on OOS12.1 (at least not easy)
you could try to reset network settings and maybe that could change your MBN profile .....
because i also updated now to the same build as yours and when i saw i lost my vowifi and volte
but i have access to engineering mode and when i saw the profile which was loaded it was Free-VoLTE
of course i changed and started to work again ...
thats why maybe you could get lucky to reset the network settings (with sim and without sim) perhaps that could work so to change the profile

good luck

@neohq I am on Yoxo/Orange and only VoLTE works, VoWiFi does not. I have read on a Romanian forum that it probably works on Vodafone. Digi must be missing its profile, you are not the only one experiencing that.

FYI: I updated to F.20 (which will be the last update for OnePlus 7T Pro) and I had to disable an option in Developer Options (Permission monitoring) in order to get Shinzuku to run. I did not have to do that on F.17, the previous version.

rapayatan225

Nov 21, 2022
Screenshot_2023-03-31-00-59-40-78_ab1359306de43320f9557c797b1c4be5.jpg
Screenshot_2023-03-31-00-59-37-44_ab1359306de43320f9557c797b1c4be5.jpg

imcrazyz

Jan 29, 2015
Hi, I have several questions before trying to do this:
1) Do I still need to keep Shizuku app after everything's working?
2) Noticed the Pixel IMS developer does update the apk, do I have to reinstall the newer version each update? Or I just leave it as is?
3) Is this a permanent fix to enable VOLTE/VOWIFI?

Apr 16, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
Hello everyone, finally there is a way to enable VoLte without root
You need 2 apps for the process ..

Before starting if you have 2 sims make sure you disable the second sim and proceed.. After you finish with the first sim then enable the second sim, and disable the first sim then repeat the steps from step 3 to step 7

1.Install Shizuku app from playstore
Shizuku - Apps on Google Play

2.Download pixel ims from the attachments exctract and install it, but do not open it yet

3. Connect your phone to you PC (make sure you have enabled the USB DEBUGGING

4. Start shizuku service by executing adb shell sh /sdcard/Android/data/moe.shizuku.privileged.api/start.sh. You should see somewhat like "Shizuku is running" at your phone. while the shizuku app is running now open the pixel ims app

5. Tap "Allow all the time" when seeing prompt asking for Shizuku permission.

6. Press "Enable VoLTE" to enable VoLTE.

7. Reboot your phone... Voilà now you have the switches for VoLTE&VoWifi on the settings

Credits to kyujin-cho for providing the app for enabling the volte switches
This should be sticked everywhere. OP8T is finally having VoLTE and VoWiFi. Remember only that after each update, even small, you have to repeat steps: 1 command in adb console and one switch in PixelIMS. Also i tested this solution on OnePlus 7T. It works and both services are active but it doesn't change a fact that they are not used. Tested on few calls and nothing works. 8T on the other hand works flawlessly.

Reactions: caracciola

ciprianxl

Jan 28, 2011
Bucharest
Vodafone Romania - OP7T Pro - VoLTE working with stock settings after update to 12.1. Even though there is a switch in Settings regarding VoWiFi, it still doesn't work. Using this workaround, upon opening pixel ims app, the VoWiFi setting is already enabled but still cannot register in the IMS in aeroplane mode. Tried a couple of times to enable/disable vowifi, restart, but nothing. Only VoLTE works :(

Arrow53

Oct 25, 2013
I tried it on oneplus 7t and it works.
Only in Oos 12.1 F.20 version volte / vowifi did not work in any way.
It only works in F.18 without any problems.
Thank You.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Before starting if you have 2 sims make sure you disable the second sim and proceed.. After you finish with the first sim then enable the second sim, and disable the first sim then repeat the steps from step 3 to step 7

2.Download pixel ims from the attachments exctract and install it, but do not open it yet

4. Start shizuku service by executing adb shell sh /sdcard/Android/data/moe.shizuku.privileged.api/start.sh. You should see somewhat like "Shizuku is running" at your phone. while the shizuku app is running now open the pixel ims app

7. Reboot your phone... Voilà now you have the switches for VoLTE&VoWifi on the settings

It activate switches, but VoLTE and VoWiFi doesn't work....
    I want to thank the OP for the info to enable Volte and Vowifi sliders.

Unfortunately I still can't use volte and vowifi because I need a token to unlock engineer mode to further use PDC and change the profiles.

If anyone finds a way to unlock tokens for free then share with us guys. It's not ok to pay high amounts of money for a token. A user named daniha (he is now banned from xda) asked me 15$ for a token that works 24h.

This problem is only for operators who do not provide volte profiles by default for phone brands.

If I use my sim card on a Samsung, volte works perfectly, but not on my Oneplus.
    Oneplus 8t kB 2003 działa volte i vowifi OxygenOS 13.1. Uruchomiłem te programy metodą przez wifi.

Screenshot_2023-05-27-11-03-14-64_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg
    Thanks for the heads up. Can you downgrade to OOS 11 and do it from there, then upgrade to OOS 12 with VoLTE?

I'm on a OP6, and I can't go higher than OOS 11.
    Yeah the phone had VoLTE enabled prior to the OOS12 upgrade, which broke it. I needed to make MBN changes for it to work (Telstra AU). I enabled the VoLTE switch via the method in this thread but there is no IMS registration, presumably because the MBN needs changing again, and as we can't enable engineering mode I can't do it.

Really don't want to downgrade and lose data/OOS12.