• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Finally, LG Mobile will be support LG Optimus GT540 to Froyo, Email from LG Mobile

Search This thread

mohicanrat

Jul 26, 2010
Dear all,

yesterday i send email to LG Mobile Indonesia. i ask LG Mobile for support this phone to Froyo.
and this is a email answer from LG.

we hope......

(sorry my English)

=========================

27/11/2010

Thank you for Contacting LG Electronics

Dear Mr Ronnie,

Thank you for your e-mail Mr.

We will facilitate the process of upgrading the firmware Firmware / OS android GT540 up to version 2.2 / Froyo in December 2010.

Thanks for the suggestion Mr.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Customer Relationship Management
LG Electronics Indonesia
NB. Please fill out customer satisfaction survey score in the bottom of this e-mail reply. Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Received Date: 26/11/2010 22:49 24
The type of inquiry: Software / Hardware updates
Product / Model Number. : WCDMA/GT505

Hello LG Mobile Indonesia,

I as a user of LG Mobile type GT540 intend to ask about the continuity of support from LG for HP GT540 type this.

Is LG Mobile will support firmware / OS android is up to version 2.2 / Froyo?
Due to HP's other brands that my level with the GT540 also will be upgraded to version 2.2/Froyo. I represent HP LG GT540 users are expecting the LG did not stop just at the firmware 2.1 only.

Please visit this web site http://www.petitiononline.com/r47boyz/petition.html which contains a petition from LG GT540 users who expect the same as me.

Greeting

Ronnie T

skribbler86

Sep 30, 2010
Interesting! But I think we will get a froyo udate (from the Russians) before we get one from LG. Either way I would love froyo in my GT540!

EoinSheehy

Aug 19, 2010
Cork
Unfortunately I e-mailed LG mobile UK and received and reply telling me they won't be updating, citing some rubbish about hardware capabilities, which I know is bull as HTC Wildfire runs 2.2 fine. Anyway I'll post the full reply later on a computer seeing as I find the copy and paste on this un-useable.

Sent from my GT540 using XDA App

pk81

Dec 21, 2010
Actually, you are wrong.
There are big differences in hardware between HTC Wildfire and GT540 in favor to Wildfire.

HTC Wildfire has 512 MB ROM
GT540 has only 256 MB ROM

This is why they can't instal Froyo on GT540, there is simply no room for that.
The whole operating system has to be installed completely in ROM (it's like phone's "hard drive") and Froyo simply won't fit in these 256 MB.

EoinSheehy

Aug 19, 2010
Cork
Actually, you are wrong.
There are big differences in hardware between HTC Wildfire and GT540 in favor to Wildfire.

HTC Wildfire has 512 MB ROM
GT540 has only 256 MB ROM

This is why they can't instal Froyo on GT540, there is simply no room for that.
The whole operating system has to be installed completely in ROM (it's like phone's "hard drive") and Froyo simply won't fit in these 256 MB.

OK then my mistake, though everyone else will continue to argue with you regardless.

Also here's the full reply from LG mobile UK
--------------------------------------------

Dear Eoin Sheehy,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately the GT540 handset will not be updating further past the Android 2.1 Eclair update in the forseeable future. This is due to the hardware restrictions causing the handset being unable to process the Android 2.2 update efficiently. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We hope this information has been useful to you, if you have any further queries please feel free to contact us again via e-mail or our customer support line listed below.

Best Regards,

LG Electronics UK Helpdesk
----------------------------------
LG Customer Services
UK: 0844 847 5454
Mon-Fri 9am to 8pm Sat 9am-6pm

airbus360

Dec 9, 2010
Openswift 2.2.1

I got froyo on my gt540. My god its faster then a stock 2.1 rom even at 600mhz

pashinator

Nov 17, 2010
Wirral
look in android development section on this forum and you will find openswift.
also google openswift it should be first link

EazyLuke

Oct 19, 2010
Flash is not possible on our GT540! Even with 2.2 it's not possible, because our CPU doesn't support flash