Finally!!! New KDZ for LG V10 H900 AT&T

Search This thread

Sarang Azhar

Nov 29, 2016
worried soul

its is a kdz & its real.... i successfully upgraded my ATT h900 from the same kdz..

everything went smooth & error free although my phone was rooted on 5.1. i used LG UP & used the "Upgrade" option..
nothing was deleted or overwrite either.. everything remained intact.. i say go for it..

sadly.. no change in interface at all..ditto same as 5.1.1... all behind the scene upgrades apart from Wifi calling

zahid bro will u kindly tell me the complete process that how u used lg up to do that because lg up is not recognizing my device . i have lg v10 h900 and im unable to update it . Plz help me out and tell me step by step process to use lg up .

zahidb

Sep 6, 2013
do you have LG drivers & adb drivers installed on ur pc?

also you may have to enable developer mode.. by repeatedly clicking "build no#" in ur phone settings

zahid bro will u kindly tell me the complete process that how u used lg up to do that because lg up is not recognizing my device . i have lg v10 h900 and im unable to update it . Plz help me out and tell me step by step process to use lg up .

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

u r welcome.. & happy for you..

That's what I have done to my V10. I even posted in that thread. So basically enable tethering when having root on Android 5.1.1 prior to updating to Android 6.0, and once upgraded to Android 6.0, the unlimited tethering would still be enabled but the hack itself is not inaccessible due to losing root for updating to Android 6.0. Am I understanding it correctly?

Edit: So I decided to go through with updating my V10 to Android 6.0 using the KDZ mentioned in this thread. Initial thoughts is that yes, finger print sensor works much faster. I also notice that the volume is a bit louder than usual. Perhaps improved responsiveness with the OS going through menus. So far, I like it. Also, the tethering works without complaining that such tethering needs to be registered. Therefore, it looks like updating to Android 6.0 doesn't modify the settings that enabled tethering undetected in Android 5.1.1. I don't mind losing root so long as I continue to have unlimited tethering.

Thanks for letting me know as I wouldn't have updated to Android 6.0 for fear of losing unlimited tethering on AT&T.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Use LG UP.

i want to update my Unlocked AT&T LG V10 to the latest update H90021W. i tried using lg bridge but it prompts me to update from the update center from the phone itself. when i try to update from the phone, it shows "Device is up to date".

my question is that if i update via flashing the firmware file, will my device be relocked by AT&T? i live outside USA and Etisalat as my carrier. i have already downloaded the .kdz file for v21w software. i worried whether the device will get relocked by AT&T. help me out guys.

also i am getting a pretty poor battery out of my V10. wondering whether the new update would give me a better battery life.

legacy7283

Dec 7, 2016
H90021v download link??

Hello does anyone have a link for the H90021v kdz file for download? My phone is currently running software version H90020j and I don’t want to jump straight to the h90021w update unless its okay to do so? Thanks for the help!

legacy7283

Dec 7, 2016
All the information you need is in the AT&T LG V10 forum. Search and you shall find it.

I actually did that before I posted this question. I searched through the AT&T LG V10 forum and I also searched on google and can only find the h90021w update. If anyone can confirm if I even need to update to H90021v before updating to h90021w I would really appreciate your time.

Thanks!

P05TMAN

Aug 15, 2011
Boulder, CO
I actually did that before I posted this question. I searched through the AT&T LG V10 forum and I also searched on google and can only find the h90021w update. If anyone can confirm if I even need to update to H90021v before updating to h90021w I would really appreciate your time.

Thanks!

You should be able to update using the kdz without an issue.

zohaib anwar

Dec 12, 2012
Dubai
I am experiencing severe standby drain on my V10. Was at 24% when I went to sleep and after 8 hrs, I suddenly woke-up and sae that the phone was switched off at 0%.

I am experiencing such standby drain for the last 2 weeks from the day I purchased my V10. Help me out. Have always been a Sony fan. This is my first LG smartphone 📱 and I am not at all convinced with its battery time.:crying::crying::crying:

gonza00002

Mar 22, 2017
Problemas con el LG V10

Hola soy nuevo en el tema, hace días adquirí un LG V10, modelo h900 de la empresa AT&T, y el mismo presenta problemas de conexión de WI-FI y también apagados repentinos del celular, sin poder encenderlo nuevamente, solo me deja hacerlo si retiro la batería del mismo y luego la vuelvo a colocar!!!! Hay solución para esto? repito soy nuevo y mucho no entiendo si alguien puede ayudarme le estaría agradecido eternamente, gracias a todos!!!!

Hello does anyone have a link for the H90021v kdz file for download? My phone is currently running software version H90020j and I don’t want to jump straight to the h90021w update unless its okay to do so? Thanks for the help!

Your clear to jump to h90021w my phone is running h90021y just fine, which is the build after 21w. Still love and hate this phone though.

Darkeforce

Mar 24, 2017
Canadian trying to upgrade AT&T V10

Your clear to jump to h90021w my phone is running h90021y just fine, which is the build after 21w. Still love and hate this phone though.

As I'm in Canada, I cannot connect to AT&T servers to get the upgrades; either to h90021w, or Android 6.0.1. How can I upgrade these files (If necessary)

I have h90021v and Android 6.0 (obviously, I don't have root)

I hear people say to use KDZ files. I don't know how to do that. :confused:

Affangta

Oct 7, 2013
Multan
Reactions: Fifen
As I'm in Canada, I cannot connect to AT&T servers to get the upgrades; either to h90021w, or Android 6.0.1. How can I upgrade these files (If necessary)

I have h90021v and Android 6.0 (obviously, I don't have root)

I hear people say to use KDZ files. I don't know how to do that. :confused:

Exactly what Affangta said. Just flash the kdz, but triple check that its for your model. Your v10 will probably be different from mine due to Canadian carriers and towers.

New Work around maybe????

Has anyone tried this work around that I came across while researching how to root this phone?

I came across this DIY tonight androidsage com/2016/03/17/root-att-lg-v10-h900-easily-tot-file/ just put a "dot" inbetween androidsage and com to get to the website

Seems all the right files are there, and I have installed the LGUP and been able to get into Downloader mode, but I am afraid to continue until I can confirm that it works. Anyone out there give it a go yet?

AutoX95

Has anyone tried this work around that I came across while researching how to root this phone?
I came across this DIY tonight androidsage com/2016/03/17/root-att-lg-v10-h900-easily-tot-file/ just put a "dot" inbetween androidsage and com to get to the website
Seems all the right files are there, and I have installed the LGUP and been able to get into Downloader mode, but I am afraid to continue until I can confirm that it works. Anyone out there give it a go yet?

I installed the H90021w with LGUP . It was very easy. I didn't realize that it was not the rooted version I downloaded. I downloaded the rooted version and tried to install it with LGUP. I would not let me. kept saying the size was smaller than what was already installed on the phone.
I have been having battery life problems the last 2 weeks. That is why I started down this road. I was going to reset the phone back to stock. I ordered new batteries but it did not fix the problem. If I hard reset the phone will it go back to H90010h (what it was before the upgrade)? If it will revert back then I could install the root version after the reset.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Well I did find one thing wrong. I can not send MM text messages.

I installed the H90021w with LGUP . It was very easy. I didn't realize that it was not the rooted version I downloaded. I downloaded the rooted version and tried to install it with LGUP. I would not let me. kept saying the size was smaller than what was already installed on the phone.
I have been having battery life problems the last 2 weeks. That is why I started down this road. I was going to reset the phone back to stock. I ordered new batteries but it did not fix the problem. If I hard reset the phone will it go back to H90010h (what it was before the upgrade)? If it will revert back then I could install the root version after the reset.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Well I did find one thing wrong. I can not send MM text messages.

I too have been having loads of issues with the battery. I actually bought an extra battery and external battery so I have one at all times, instead of walking around with a portable charger and cord hanging out of my pocket all night. So what ended up happening?

Last edited:

AutoX95

I too have been having loads of issues with the battery. I actually bought an extra battery and external battery so I have one at all times, instead of walking around with a portable charger and cord hanging out of my pocket all night. So what ended up happening?

Nothing yet. I was waiting on some feedback from the more experienced folks on here.
Also The MM text issue was fixed when I swapped the battery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    its is a kdz & its real.... i successfully upgraded my ATT h900 from the same kdz..

everything went smooth & error free although my phone was rooted on 5.1. i used LG UP & used the "Upgrade" option..
    nothing was deleted or overwrite either.. everything remained intact.. i say go for it..

sadly.. no change in interface at all..ditto same as 5.1.1... all behind the scene upgrades apart from Wifi calling

LG V10 H900
    I upgraded software to 6.0 using LGUP because I don't use phone in USA.
    Installation completed without problem, but now when I start phone I get message "unfortunately lg vpn has stopped". Beside that, every time when I try to open some settings like Fingerprints & security I get message "Unfortunately, the process com.android.settings has stopped" and window close.

I tried to reinstall upgrade but same thing
    Finally LG has released a new software update (Build H90021w) for the AT&T LG V10 H900 phone.

Maybe root is nearby

http://www.mylgphones.com/att-lg-v1...tock-kdz-firmware-available-for-download.html

http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=459
    I didn't think they used KDZ files for AT&T phones... its just TOTs I thought.

How can i flash kdz, i try with LGMobile Support Tool and give me error?

Use LG UP.
    Hello does anyone have a link for the H90021v kdz file for download? My phone is currently running software version H90020j and I don�t want to jump straight to the h90021w update unless its okay to do so? Thanks for the help!

All the information you need is in the AT&T LG V10 forum. Search and you shall find it.