Finally , One Module-unlock 5G-Volte-VoWIFI

Search This thread

nfqa

Dec 11, 2006
Jerash
Hello,,

After a long term of tries and workarounds. Finally found some module by ender-zhao :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Thanks for him so much.

Simply one module to enable 5G and Volte ,vowifi...
install it from magisk , restart and everything should be fine. 5G,VOLTE

Here is the module

Pixel-5-Unlock-5G-VOLTE

thanks for ender-zhao

This module works on Pixel 5 , Pixel 4a (5G)

Thanks and Good luck

Reactions: elong7681

corpsus

Apr 18, 2014
Hello,,

After a long term of tries and workarounds. Finally found some module by ender-zhao :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Thanks for him so much.

Here is the module

Pixel-5-Unlock-5G-VOLTE

thanks for ender-zhao

Thanks and Good luck

What's your country / operator? Any idea if this works with both SIMs active?

Kars88

Dec 14, 2008
Amsterdam
The module edits lots of props so you might want to tweak some settings depending on your carrier. My modem speed went down 50%. I noticed a lot of settings from chinese mbn settings in EFS I had to edit.

persist.vendor.radio.mbn_load_flag=3

Does this prop indicate which mbn gets loaded? I noticed I got the third mbn of the oem_sw.txt

mr.b4rt

Nov 8, 2013
About
This is a magisk module, which can unlock Google’s network restrictions for China and allow Chinese users to use 5G network

Force unlocking of carrier networks not supported by pixel 5
This module will unlock 5G network, and forcibly open the communication function, so that Pixel 5 unsupported carrier network can be used normally.

The magisk module requires Magisk Manager dependency.

This module will unlock VoLTE, VoWIFI,VoNR, 5G, Communication, SMS function

Quick navigation
If your phone does not lack mbn files, please use this module

中文:

Pixel 5三网解锁模块,并且解锁VoLTE,VoWIFI

如果你还没root,可以选择先去看教程

向我捐赠

swangjang

Sep 12, 2018
I was working on my own version too but it seems this person has more knowledge. This module, however, doesn't have 'AUNZ' or 'common/wildcard' mbn. Not sure if deliberate or a mistake. 'AUNZ' is for Australia (doesn't work on New Zealand despite the 'NZ') and 'common/wildcard' is for generic unlisted carriers, but I guess wildcard isn't needed if it forces the phone to load a certain mbn that has 5G enabled?. I'm gonna use their code on my own one and see as well.

Gabone88

Mar 5, 2021
Dear all,
someone tried this module in Middle East? Like Saudi, Qatar, Kuwait? or out of China?
Thank you,

I have US version of P5 but I want to enable the 5G in those regions.

Gab

elong7681

May 23, 2015
US
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 5
I was working on my own version too but it seems this person has more knowledge. This module, however, doesn't have 'AUNZ' or 'common/wildcard' mbn. Not sure if deliberate or a mistake. 'AUNZ' is for Australia (doesn't work on New Zealand despite the 'NZ') and 'common/wildcard' is for generic unlisted carriers, but I guess wildcard isn't needed if it forces the phone to load a certain mbn that has 5G enabled?. I'm gonna use their code on my own one and see as well.
@swangjang how is your module coming along?

swangjang

Sep 12, 2018
This is my take. My one adds Korean carriers mbn files as well.

For some reason, after installing the Pixel March Update, my device on EFS Explorer keeps showing up as "SW_DEFAULT" where it doesn't even have a carrier_policy file and changing SIM cards does not change it back to WILDCARD nor disable 5G.

Attachments

• Pixel-Bramble-Redfin-Carrier-Patch.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

elong7681

May 23, 2015
US
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 5

For some reason, after installing the Pixel March Update, my device on EFS Explorer keeps showing up as "SW_DEFAULT" where it doesn't even have a carrier_policy file and changing SIM cards does not change it back to WILDCARD nor disable 5G.
@swangjang someone said the same thing on one of the other 5G threads. I wonder if it was done on purpose by Google or by accident.

expos

Feb 25, 2011

@swangjang any tutorial that i can add my own country's MBN file into the zip file? I found the MBN file in other threads. Thanks for your consideration.

swangjang

Sep 12, 2018
@swangjang any tutorial that i can add my own country's MBN file into the zip file? I found the MBN file in other threads. Thanks for your consideration.
Go deep into the /system folder until you reach /Pixel. Inside, you will see folders of different countries. Look at the folder naming structure of other countries and make one for yours following the same structure and put your mbn file inside.
Then go back to before the /Pixel folder to /mcfg_sw where you'll find the mcfg_sw.txt file. Open that and type in the path to the mbn file you added, following the same structure as others.

Otherwise, you can send it to me either attached (the whole folder) or the link of the forum you found it and I'll update it to mine :)

swangjang

Sep 12, 2018
@swangjang I'm still waiting on the Verizon March Update so I haven't changed from the February security patch yet I was thinking about side loading the Google March OTA to see if anything changes so when I get off from work in a couple of hours I will do it and let you know if anything changes.
That would be great! Would be interesting to see if this is google's new way of deterring people from manually editing their carrier files

Zorga

Dec 2, 2017
Dear all,
someone tried this module in Middle East? Like Saudi, Qatar, Kuwait? or out of China?
Thank you,

I have US version of P5 but I want to enable the 5G in those regions.

Gab

I can confirm it's working for me here in KSA, VoWifi doesn't work tho

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I own both Pixel 5 and Pixel 4xl. Both are using different Telco.

Are the zip and method applicable to Pixel 4xl also?
    No, the 4 XL uses another chipset (snapdragon 855). You can advanced search on sites like gsmarena for phones that use the same chipset.
    Anyone found a solution for the unknown caller problem?
    yes, i ve faced same problem, you have to find your mbn file and replace ims files thru qpst tool
    Ok here's my guide. I think it's best we don't start another 5G/Volte thread so maybe laughterwym can reference this post in the first post of this thread.

1. Download EfsTools modded and extract.
    2. Put the correct mcfg_sw.mbn in the EfsTools folder. Download the mcfg_autoselect_by_uim file and also put it in the EfsTools folder.
    3. Flash the Volte module in Magisk (doesn't really matter wheter your mbn is in it, as long as it has the right system props and more important disables the qril stuff that) (Both this module and this module are working for me. You can also find the modded module I used here. I'n my modded module I set the 5G connection to NSA so use that one if your carrier doesn't support SA yet.
    4. Connect your phone to your computer with usb debuggin on in your developer settings. Make sure you have both qualcomm drivers and google usb drivers and of course the latest platform tools (and add the dir to your system path).
    5. Use the workaround we normaly use to connect our phone to qpst:

Code:
      adb shell
      su
      resetprop ro.bootmode usbradio
      resetprop ro.build.type userdebug
      setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,adb
      diag_mdlog
      cancel (ctrl+c) once it starts to "hang" at failed to open diag socket
      change usb config (file transfer, no file transfer)

6. Open a command prompt in the extracted efstools folder

7. Run the following command
      Code:
      EfsTools.exe efsInfo

8. You will get errors because of the hacky workaround we have to do with Pixel phones to use them with efs software. In my case everything worked like a charm. You can check efs explorer after writing your mbn to see if it looks allright.

9. Run the following commands one by one:
      Code:
      EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim
      EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -s 1

EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -v
      EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -s 1
      The -s 1 options are there so we write configurations for the second sim slot.

Important note: If you have a carrier that uses NR-NSA you'll have to edit lte_feature_restrictions.xml in EFS explorer to get everything right. I've uploaded the file here. If your mcc isn't in the following list you'll have to add it;
    Code:
    <plmn_list name="dss_plmns" ns="global">
          228-01 505-01 505-11 505-39 505-71 505-72 204-04 204-08 204-69 204-12 262-02 204-16 204-20 232-03 232-04 232-07
        </plmn_list>

Your VoLTE, VoWiFi, ims settings and 5g should be working now! Some carriers have very short carrierpolicy.xml, mine only says dds is enabled. Keep that in mind when you use apps to monitor your connection. 5G is working on my phone but I see empty rat stuff. Currently I'm writing code for changing lte_faeture_ca.xml to add all the information other Carriers have on the phone. Once you start tweaking it's hard to stop right?

Please share your findings! I'll update this post when I remember something usefull so your feedback is very helpfull!
    Hello,,

Thanks for him so much.

Here is the module

Pixel-5-Unlock-5G-VOLTE

thanks for ender-zhao

Thanks and Good luck

Anyone found a solution for the unknown caller problem?
    yes, i ve faced same problem, you have to find your mbn file and replace ims files thru qpst tool
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone