Find a newer thread

Search This thread

youneek

Jun 29, 2009
I stopped updating this information a long time ago. I recommend finding a more recent thread...

Last edited:

Fisherman619

May 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
WOW!! Wish i had something like this 2 months ago when i got my G1. Nice of you to put this together. Definatly going to help out a lot of people and save them a SH!T load of time and head aches! STICKY!!

stryke504

Oct 11, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Wow this would've definitely come in handy a few weeks ago. But what took me a few hrs to gather by reading posts this one thread explains it all. Glad you took the time to write this. Hopefully a more stable hero comes out too to update this thread with.

mexedi

Jun 4, 2009
Hi! Good!!

When the phone reboots, you can hold home and power to boot into cyanogen. There is an option to upgrade from ext2 to ext3.

What recommends = ext2 or ext3

This partition is not created = linux-swap (32 MB)

Saludos!

elzee

Jul 6, 2009
Sydney
OK .. I keep getting the same result.

When I restart the phone and the grey bootload screen comes up, it does a check and replies with "not allow" Anyone know what to do here?

Build number: dream_stg user 1.1 STG-RC8 128394

alritewhadeva

Mar 26, 2009
Hey youneek great guide :) But could you put a warning for the flashing of haykuro's SPL? The SPL has a chance of bricking your phone if you don't have the latest radio and a PVT board. Even if you have both of those your phone can still be bricked :p Mind putting that up there for others? Thanks!

K

Kidd_Hanma

great guide - if this was out begore I started I would of been running HERO with the quickness.

But still im glad i learned the hard way now i can get myself out of tuff situations

youneek

Jun 29, 2009
OK .. I keep getting the same result.

When I restart the phone and the grey bootload screen comes up, it does a check and replies with "not allow" Anyone know what to do here?

Build number: dream_stg user 1.1 STG-RC8 128394
What step are you on elzee?

snowhk

Sep 7, 2007
Hey youneek great guide :) But could you put a warning for the flashing of haykuro's SPL? The SPL has a chance of bricking your phone if you don't have the latest radio and a PVT board. Even if you have both of those your phone can still be bricked :p Mind putting that up there for others? Thanks!

Excuse me. I'm just a newbie and going to buy a G1. You said G1 may be bricked during update without a PVT board. How can I check what the board is to avoid? and what's HardSPL?? Thanks a lot.

elzee

Jul 6, 2009
Sydney
What step are you on elzee?

Youneek thanks for your reply,

Always at the step where I have downloaded the dreamimg file to the SDCard > shutdown the phone > then restart it holding the camera and power on buttons.

The grey 'bootloader' screen comes up, does a configuration check then flashes up the "not allow" message and dumps to the multi-coloured screen. At that point I have to pull the battery out to restart.

I'm going to go out today and purchase another SDCard. This one is a Sandisk 1mg card and I've read that certain Sandisk cards will not comply with 'rooting' instructions.

Cheers, elzee

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone