• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Find X2 Pro Update Thread

Search This thread

Mitar00

Jul 12, 2015
Belgrade

simonecapo

Nov 17, 2020
I hope both of the Pro series get 3 major software updates globally.
If it arrives android 13 and 4 years of patch oppo find x2 pro it will keep a higher price over time, even as used. In addition to this, the seriousness of the company and the value of the smartphone increases in step with other brands, no second places.

Vas_Man

Dec 7, 2020
Hi,

sorry for the repeated question but having read most of the pages I still have some questions and maybe a consolidated response on all the steps needed to upgrade would help.

I have 2 Oppo Find X2 Pro devices that were purchased in the UK within 2-3 months. The first one (purchased first) runs CPH2025EE_11_C.57 with Android 11, came like that out of the box, the second one (purchased later) runs CPH2025CPW_11_A.24 with Android 10. Both of these devices are now in the US. The Android 11 (CPH2025EE_11_C.57) works fine in some 5G tests I am doing but the Android 10 does not (CPH2025CPW_11_A.24). I tried to check for OTA updates for the Android 10 (CPH2025CPW_11_A.24) but says is up to date. I assume this is because the phone is in the US now. So will try to setup an OpenVPN with the UK and re-try the OTA search.

In the meantime can I please check with you the following:
- Does the UK receive Android 11 nowadays on CPH2025CPW or I need to VPN to a different country and which one?
- If I disable location services, do I also need a fake location App or the VPN is enough?
- Do I need to change the region to a specific one (e.g. EUEX)?
- I downloaded the 502074CPH2025GDPR_11_C.70_2021072416510095.zip file which contains the ofp file. Is there a way to move to Android 11 using this file and without any VPN?

Many Thanks for all your guidance

Last edited:

Mitar00

Jul 12, 2015
Belgrade
Hi,

sorry for the repeated question but having read most of the pages I still have some questions and maybe a consolidated response on all the steps needed to upgrade would help.

I have 2 Oppo Find X2 Pro devices that were purchased in the UK within 2-3 months. The first one (purchased first) runs CPH2025EE_11_C.57 with Android 11, came like that out of the box, the second one (purchased later) runs CPH2025CPW_11_A.24 with Android 10. Both of these devices are now in the US. The Android 11 (CPH2025EE_11_C.57) works fine in some 5G tests I am doing but the Android 10 does not (CPH2025CPW_11_A.24). I tried to check for OTA updates for the Android 10 (CPH2025CPW_11_A.24) but says is up to date. I assume this is because the phone is in the US now. So will try to setup an OpenVPN with the UK and re-try the OTA search.

- Does the UK receive Android 11 nowadays on CPH2025CPW or I need to VPN to a different country and which one?
- If I disable location services, do I also need a fake location App or the VPN is enough?
- I downloaded the 502074CPH2025GDPR_11_C.70_2021072416510095.zip file which contains the ofp file. Is there a way to move to Android 11 using this file and without any VPN?

Vasilis
1. I'm not sure about CPH2025CPW updates.
2. VPN is enough.
3. You could change the region to Europe EUEX on both of the devices.
4. The file can be installed if you're already running android 11, but not if you're running android 10.

Vas_Man

Dec 7, 2020
1. I'm not sure about CPH2025CPW updates.
2. VPN is enough.
3. You could change the region to Europe EUEX on both of the devices.
4. The file can be installed if you're already running android 11, but not if you're running android 10.
Thank you very much for the very prompt response.

Is there a country where we know with some certainty that Android 11 OTA update is received so as to VPN there? My main concern is that Bungle1982 said his X2 pro phone in the UK never received the Android 11 update, so I guess UK might be an issue. I think he also said that he managed to find other ways around it and was able to upgrade it to Android 11 in the end.

Mitar00

Jul 12, 2015
Belgrade

Is there a country where we know with some certainty that Android 11 OTA update is received so as to VPN there? My main concern is that Bungle1982 said his X2 pro phone in the UK never received the Android 11 update, so I guess UK might be an issue. I think he also said that he managed to find other ways around it and was able to upgrade it to Android 11 in the end.
Most people use France as the VPN point as you can see in the thread. In case of your situation, I think that your phone is branded to a specific carrier which is not pushing updates anymore, Most people in the beginning used Singapore EX region when changing the region of the phone, but in the recent times people started mostly using Europe EUEX which is quite frequent with the updates :).

Bungle1982

Oct 4, 2021
OPPO Find X2 Pro

Yes, Mitar actually walked me through getting android 11 (version. 70) although i can't find 72 as j think I chose the wrong region when changing. I chose euex rather than the dual sim option which doesn't seem to update any further. Hoping colorOS 12 works from 70.

vieaffective

Oct 6, 2021
Yes, Mitar actually walked me through getting android 11 (version. 70) although i can't find 72 as j think I chose the wrong region when changing. I chose euex rather than the dual sim option which doesn't seem to update any further. Hoping colorOS 12 works from 70.
This way?

... or another solution?

Mitar00

Jul 12, 2015
Belgrade
Reactions: vieaffective

raider2k9

Sep 17, 2009
Dresden
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Hi,

changing region to something other is the most reliable solution.. cause that cpw crap get nearly no updates but keep in mind, that changing region and update to c.70 or something you can't change back.. best for updates and features ist singapore EX.. dualsim + call recorder and not that gdpr crap from europe.. I use that region in Germany with no issues and get every update.. sometime singepore takes longer, sometimes it is faster then european Software.. gut for me, dualsim und call recorder were worth it 😎

vieaffective

Oct 6, 2021
Nice, I tried it, I had to install ms loopback, change to EUEX and now, my phone downloads "CPH2025NV44_11.C.62", but very slow, 0.1% in 5 seconds.

Im very happy now, thank you guys for your help!

Note:

After the region change, I tried to install the OZIP FIle from OPPO support, cause I think its the newest one and must not download something else, but I received the same "installation failed" error in recovery mode.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mitar00

Jul 12, 2015
Belgrade
Nice, I tried it, I had to install ms loopback, change to EUEX and now, my phone downloads "CPH2025NV44_11.C.62", but very slow, 0.1% in 5 seconds.

Im very happy now, thank you guys for your help!

Note:

After the region change, I tried to install the OZIP FIle from OPPO support, cause I think its the newest one and must not download something else, but I received the same "installation failed" error in recovery mode.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You don't need to install that ozip now. After c.62 installs, you will get the latest OTA after that :). I only used that ozip because i was stuck on c.70.

simonecapo

Nov 17, 2020
They mentioned "security".
That means they will only provide security patches updates. Not full upgrade to new Android versions.
If you want, I can help you. I will translate the article into English, so you can read the part that is not clear.

Schermata a 2021-10-18 15-20-25.png

When they say: : 4 years of security patches on the OPPO Find X2 and OPPO Find X3 series products , and 3 major updates for OPPO Find X2 Pro and OPPO Find X3 Pro what do not you understand ?

With the phrase: 3 major updates for OPPO Find X2 Pro and OPPO Find X3 Pro, what do they mean?

Mitar00

Jul 12, 2015
Belgrade
If you want, I can help you. I will translate the article into English, so you can read the part that is not clear.

View attachment 5436003
When they say: : 4 years of security patches on the OPPO Find X2 and OPPO Find X3 series products , and 3 major updates for OPPO Find X2 Pro and OPPO Find X3 Pro what do not you understand ?

With the phrase: 3 major updates for OPPO Find X2 Pro and OPPO Find X3 Pro, what do they mean?
3 major android releases for the pro variant.

Reactions: simonecapo

simonecapo

Nov 17, 2020
Staying on the subject of updates, if Oppo continues as with the last 2 updates, the October update arrives next week ...:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh ok, ok i'm try this. My way of shinobi starting now! I will become hokage and get this damn update )))
    I did it!!! Change region to Europe EUEX and connect to vpn France. Now downloading C.57 i think C.73 be able after. Everybody thanks who help me with this problem
    I did it!!! Change region to Europe EUEX and connect to vpn France. Now downloading C.57 i think C.73 be able after. Everybody thanks who help me with this problem
    You should get few updates after C.57.. i don't think you go straight to C.73. but glad to help you
    You should get few updates after C.57.. i don't think you go straight to C.73. but glad to help you
    After C.57 went straight to C.73
    I have to admit, I'm greatly disappointed by the entire update system by OPPO and if things stays the same, this is my last phone from them. Getting regular updates is game called "using VPN catch the correct EU state to get update". I don't understand, why the updates aren't released at once to all regions.

Similar disappointment comes from the Beta program, which is almost always Asia exclusive. Official reply from OPPO is "GDPR issues", but I call this bullsh.t since other manufacturers are able to make it work.

OPPO made progress in recent years and they are trying to keep the phones up to date, but still years behind the relevant competition in terms of customer service and after-sales. Another example, in my country X2 Pro won't officially run 5G or VOLTE, although it is capable of doing both.
    After C.57 went straight to C.73
    Great! Good to know that it worked out.
    The name of the thread should have been changed to Moaning thread....
    11:35 am Spain time... Nothing to VPN Asian region update C61 from single-sim

still wait :)

Listen buddy why don't you let us know when you DID find an update instead of when you did not, mkay?
    This is a place to discuss OTAs & update details, changelogs etc. Not whether you should buy a Samsung, please stay on topic
    Moderator Information

I would like to put a reminder here that we all should be civil to each other during any discussion on XDA. I fully understand the frustration when your issues could not be solved easily or others XDAers just post a questions without any searcing in the forum. I feel you and I got mad some time too, but that should not stop us from helping each other ... in a gentle way.

Feel free to report any spam posts or rule violating posts to moderators and we will clean the threads to keep it on topic. Thanks.

Hope you all have a good holiday. :D

Regards
    This episode of updating is going on since past 3 months and oppo still not uploading the ozips for 11. Very stupid company