Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-24-18-23-25-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-24-18-23-25-40.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: Texan1 and GedZju

backfromhome

Nov 29, 2011
That does the job, thank you for sharing
Sometimes it'd be nice if people tell which VPN because i have noticed that different VPN providers give different outcome to the question "do i get an update through VPN? " yes or no and which VPN provider.
eg I tried East London & London & Docklands UK (on express VPN) but no luck like the others, but when i try Nuremberg Germany also express VPN I was lucky.

When switching from ColorOS 7.1 to ColorOS 11 I used (Proton VPN) Brussels Belgium, because i didnt have luck with express VPN in belgium.

Therefore basically saying I got it through VPN to <location> is not useful, as there are more variables to the eqation

jonnyspurukl

Feb 15, 2011
Nottingham
Sometimes it'd be nice if people tell which VPN because i have noticed that different VPN providers give different outcome to the question "do i get an update through VPN? " yes or no and which VPN provider.
eg I tried East London & London & Docklands UK (on express VPN) but no luck like the others, but when i try Nuremberg Germany also express VPN I was lucky.

When switching from ColorOS 7.1 to ColorOS 11 I used (Proton VPN) Brussels Belgium, because i didnt have luck with express VPN in belgium.

Therefore basically saying I got it through VPN to <location> is not useful, as there are more variables to the eqation
The reason you would not have success with VPN UK is because the update has only been released on Vodafone branded in UK thus far?

backfromhome

Nov 29, 2011
The reason you would not have success with VPN UK is because the update has only been released on Vodafone branded in UK thus far?
Maybe for this specific instance of C62, but as you could have read i gave more examples, to where that was specifically not the case. Next to that people that reported it still have CPH2025 and were not having CPH2025VF.
As having an CPH2025 device won't become CPH2025VF by just having an Vodafone SIM card inserted.

Therefore the conclusion, of just " i VPN <country>" is not enough, still need " I used <VPN Provider> to <location> and received CPH20<23/25><XXX>" as some VPN providers IP addresses can be blacklisted due to suspicious behavior, still stand.

It's not an offence to anybody it's just how software and servers might be setup to validate a quite important infrastructure.

adicken

Jan 24, 2007
Stone
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hi, i have a Vodafone Oppo find X2 pro CPH2025VF and i want to debrand it, so I have an Stock Europe Rom, but when i'm gonna to flash with MSM download tool V 4.0.28 I get the error: "firehose communication handshake failed"...

What can I do?

Somebody told me that if I flash a stock EU rom I will not receive OTA updates anymore, because my IME is linked to Vodafone. Is this true?

Thanks in advance,

Where did you get the Europe stock rom from?

jonnyspurukl

Feb 15, 2011
Nottingham
C.62 does seem to have some bugs. One for me was Google pay. My cards in Google pay kept vanishing. Whenever I opened Google pay I had to re add them. Clearing app cache did nothing. Finally uninstalling and reinstalling seems to have sorted it

TheInfiniteAndroid

Aug 4, 2016
From firmware.gem-flash.com

Please can someone tell me how I can flash the firmware with MSM download tool?

If I flash a stock EU rom I will not receive OTA updates anymore, because my IME is linked to Vodafone. Is this true?

See here, thanks

Robsjo

Oct 30, 2020
What VPN service do you guys use to get C.62?
I am on EU original firmware unbranded phone in Sweden. Tried NordVPN Germany, France, UK. And Express VPN Germany. Both Wifi and Mobile data to no success :)

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
What VPN service do you guys use to get C.62?
I am on EU original firmware unbranded phone in Sweden. Tried NordVPN Germany, France, UK. And Express VPN Germany. Both Wifi and Mobile data to no success :)

I used NordVPN with Frankfurt Germany server to obtain the update ( was on c59 stock unlocked EU )

The quick connect to German server didn't work zo I manually searched for Germany ( showing 2 servers )

Reactions: Robsjo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just had the c.63 update with March security patch level on my Vodafone UK phone.
    March Update is just arrived without VPN in Italy. EUEX Version
    Just had the c.63 update with March security patch level on my Vodafone UK phone.
    I got this update on mine too
    Well the C.63 update did f**k all for the two main issues I have. Android Auto still freezing with AOD enabled, and Netflix still on Widevine L3. Can't imagine I'll be getting another Oppo phone after this one. Android 11 is a huge disappointment on this device. 😒

Edit... And screen timeout is broken too, just stays on. FFS Oppo, every update just brings more f**king bugs. 😠😠😠
    You need to contact oppo support for the L3 issue. Happened to me too. They will add your IMEI and send you an APK to fix
    You need to contact oppo support for the L3 issue. Happened to me too. They will add your IMEI and send you an APK to fix
    I am suffering with them since i have contacted them in Dec. last year, with no success :cry:
    The name of the thread should have been changed to Moaning thread....
    11:35 am Spain time... Nothing to VPN Asian region update C61 from single-sim

still wait :)

Listen buddy why don't you let us know when you DID find an update instead of when you did not, mkay?
    This is a place to discuss OTAs & update details, changelogs etc. Not whether you should buy a Samsung, please stay on topic
    Moderator Information

I would like to put a reminder here that we all should be civil to each other during any discussion on XDA. I fully understand the frustration when your issues could not be solved easily or others XDAers just post a questions without any searcing in the forum. I feel you and I got mad some time too, but that should not stop us from helping each other ... in a gentle way.

Feel free to report any spam posts or rule violating posts to moderators and we will clean the threads to keep it on topic. Thanks.

Hope you all have a good holiday. :D

Regards
    This episode of updating is going on since past 3 months and oppo still not uploading the ozips for 11. Very stupid company
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone