Find X2 Pro Update Thread

Search This thread

nguyenlucky

Jan 30, 2013
danang
I just got back from the service center. After 1 hour of discussion they showed me on the pc the firmware available for the flash and they are Tim c73 "generic" and c73 Vodafone. And thanks to Edward Newgate who supported me, unfortunately I don't think there is a solution. I'm stopped at c75 installed thanks to nguyenfortunato with the december 2021 patches. The center can no longer do anything, so now with this version the gps, bluetooth and 5g no longer work, and this is just to begin with. They applied to oppo to replace the motherboard, but it seems Oppo doesn't want to know. I'm in a dead end.
Hmm strange, oppo australia was able to downgrade my device to a.41 from c.76 ukee

simonecapo

Nov 17, 2020
Hmm strange, oppo australia was able to downgrade my device to a.41 from c.76 ukee
They made me go behind the counter and in front of me they opened the firmware page of all the smartphones and under the item oppo find x2 pro they had Tim c73 (generic) what they installed me (in my opinion wrong) and vodafone that do not trust to install ... there were no other versions only those 2. Now half the phone doesn't work anymore ...

harsha.pic

Jun 18, 2012
Screenshot_2022-07-04-17-37-24-94_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-04-17-37-31-10_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-04-17-37-31-10_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 95

simonecapo

Nov 17, 2020
Oppo pulls another rabbit out of the hat

OPPO does not recommend updates with VPN: risk of future problems

2 July 2022

When ColorOS updates are slow to arrive in Italy, many users often strive to receive them in advance. They shorten the time by using VPN apps: special applications, available both as APK and on the Play Store itself, which make the smartphone believe that it comes from a different country. This allows you to download the latest update in the version of a country that has already received it before Italy, since OPPO often updates its smartphones with different timing based on the region. The procedure is very simple and we have also described it in a dedicated guide: just choose a server located in the desired country in a free VPN app (perhaps after having inquired about the countries where the update has already arrived through the official roadmaps) and search for the update from the settings, then download when it is detected. Many times it doesn't work, many times it does, but that's not the point. The point is, updating using a VPN can create problems in the future. This is what OPPO support itself states, which advises against making updates in this way. Updating through a Virtual Private Network and then finding the firmware from another country can mean that in the future you will no longer normally receive the updates that will be released in Italy. However, we must make a clarification: many have updated their OPPO smartphone in this mode and have continued to receive Italian updates normally, exactly as before. We therefore believe that what is declared by the assistance is only a fairly remote risk, about which, however, the support is required (rightly) to inform users.

nguyenlucky

Jan 30, 2013
danang
Oppo pulls another rabbit out of the hat

OPPO does not recommend updates with VPN: risk of future problems

2 July 2022

When ColorOS updates are slow to arrive in Italy, many users often strive to receive them in advance. They shorten the time by using VPN apps: special applications, available both as APK and on the Play Store itself, which make the smartphone believe that it comes from a different country. This allows you to download the latest update in the version of a country that has already received it before Italy, since OPPO often updates its smartphones with different timing based on the region. The procedure is very simple and we have also described it in a dedicated guide: just choose a server located in the desired country in a free VPN app (perhaps after having inquired about the countries where the update has already arrived through the official roadmaps) and search for the update from the settings, then download when it is detected. Many times it doesn't work, many times it does, but that's not the point. The point is, updating using a VPN can create problems in the future. This is what OPPO support itself states, which advises against making updates in this way. Updating through a Virtual Private Network and then finding the firmware from another country can mean that in the future you will no longer normally receive the updates that will be released in Italy. However, we must make a clarification: many have updated their OPPO smartphone in this mode and have continued to receive Italian updates normally, exactly as before. We therefore believe that what is declared by the assistance is only a fairly remote risk, about which, however, the support is required (rightly) to inform users.
Their OTA system is f**ked, especially for EU devices (Asian/AU devices don't seem affected). Lots of them cannot check for updates unless VPN is used.

simonecapo

Nov 17, 2020
I wrote a thread titled about the Oppo community:

OPPO Authorized Service Centers the whole truth ... in a few days ... spoiler ... for now a nightmare ..... ....... coming soon .........

simonecapo

Nov 17, 2020
They made me go behind the counter and in front of me they opened the firmware page of all the smartphones and under the item oppo find x2 pro they had Tim c73 (generic) what they installed me (in my opinion wrong) and vodafone that do not trust to install ... there were no other versions only those 2. Now half the phone doesn't work anymore ...
I started writing everything about Oppo, if you are interested in the first part I will post your address, it is in Italian but the google translator is enough to translate the entire page into your language:

nguyenlucky

Jan 30, 2013
danang
I started writing everything about Oppo, if you are interested in the first part I will post your address, it is in Italian but the google translator is enough to translate the entire page into your language:

I think you can request service center to downgrade back to c.73 VF firmware. That's what they originally flashed, right?

It's so strange though, many people with EU devices (UKEE, CPW, VF, EUEX...) used that exact c.75 link and were able to find more updates, up to ColorOS 12.

I have also examined the file content and it does contain configs for all EU regions, including what I listed above.

Yours seems like a weird outlier, where it breaks your device...

simonecapo

Nov 17, 2020
I think you can request service center to downgrade back to c.73 VF firmware. That's what they originally flashed, right?

It's so strange though, many people with EU devices (UKEE, CPW, VF, EUEX...) used that exact c.75 link and were able to find more updates, up to ColorOS 12.

I have also examined the file content and it does contain configs for all EU regions, including what I listed above.

Yours seems like a weird outlier, where it breaks your device...
Now it is in the hands of Oppo, who knows if it comes back repaired or not ...

simonecapo

Nov 17, 2020
Many think that changing brands will improve .... Look Samsung what a mess these days, there are hundreds or thousands of customers angry for the promotion we evaluate your used .... After the galaxy note 7 exploding in gta, this is yet another blow to its customers ...

simonecapo

Nov 17, 2020
Pixel 6 Pro, that's it.
Since I need the photographic side (perhaps with a excellent periscope zoom), always top of the range, I was thinking of vivo x80 pro, but I saw that the property is the same as Oppo, so the same modus operandi) ,,,, Samsung no .... There is not much left, honor or perhaps motorola who has to come out, until they review it and rehearse it with the cams .... Pixel is a good smartphone from many if not all points of view, but in photography it is not versatile: the photos are good, not very good (personal opinion) the zoom is not very high, for me it is no ..... I'll wait, so for now mine is in the hands of who knows who is doing who knows what ... they will put bugs with optimized software to know what the enemy (ie me) thinks.

simonecapo

Nov 17, 2020

If you want to know more:

003.png

Last edited:

RennieAsh

May 26, 2022
After update on 2022.07.10, some "issues" still carrying over. will check back if some have been fixed

- Camera 5x zoom hidden behind another button press - why can't we have 0.6x, 1x, 2x, 5x buttons like before?
- Video zoom only gives inertia zoom slider without any quick tap buttons for 0.6x, 1x, 2x, 5x, 10x
- Screen turns off occasionally when opening camera from lockscreen and rotating phone.
- Macro function now does not work well if at all - it will often switch to macro mode for 0.5s, then go back to regular lens and not switch to macro. It will keep the "3-4cm from object" message
- Edge lighting is stuck on white colour instead of the orange I choose.
- Torch can no longer be dismissed by pressing power button whilst on (minor quibble but it was convenient to not have to tap the small button on the screen etc)

simonecapo

Nov 17, 2020
After update on 2022.07.10, some "issues" still carrying over. will check back if some have been fixed

- Camera 5x zoom hidden behind another button press - why can't we have 0.6x, 1x, 2x, 5x buttons like before?
- Video zoom only gives inertia zoom slider without any quick tap buttons for 0.6x, 1x, 2x, 5x, 10x
- Screen turns off occasionally when opening camera from lockscreen and rotating phone.
- Macro function now does not work well if at all - it will often switch to macro mode for 0.5s, then go back to regular lens and not switch to macro. It will keep the "3-4cm from object" message
- Edge lighting is stuck on white colour instead of the orange I choose.
- Torch can no longer be dismissed by pressing power button whilst on (minor quibble but it was convenient to not have to tap the small button on the screen etc)

I saw that like me you had problems with the macro and with the flashlight, brought to the service center and I have been trying to solve it since the end of May, I went to the center at least 12 times but nothing solved ... Now it is in the hands of another laboratory, if it continues like this, either it returns as before or it comes back worse or it doesn't come back ... If you want to see how it started open the two links below with the first 2 ountate ... I seem to write THE BOYS series since the assistance sucks ...

ValdasN

Dec 6, 2021
Hello 👋 does it worth to update? Because updates is getting worst now... I'm adding my version and the one that they offering.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-10-02-12-09-61_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-10-02-12-09-61_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_2022-07-10-02-13-51-56_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-10-02-13-51-56_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 62

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The name of the thread should have been changed to Moaning thread....
    11:35 am Spain time... Nothing to VPN Asian region update C61 from single-sim

still wait :)

Listen buddy why don't you let us know when you DID find an update instead of when you did not, mkay?
    Moderator Information

I would like to put a reminder here that we all should be civil to each other during any discussion on XDA. I fully understand the frustration when your issues could not be solved easily or others XDAers just post a questions without any searcing in the forum. I feel you and I got mad some time too, but that should not stop us from helping each other ... in a gentle way.

Feel free to report any spam posts or rule violating posts to moderators and we will clean the threads to keep it on topic. Thanks.

Hope you all have a good holiday. :D

Regards
    This is a place to discuss OTAs & update details, changelogs etc. Not whether you should buy a Samsung, please stay on topic
    This episode of updating is going on since past 3 months and oppo still not uploading the ozips for 11. Very stupid company