Find X2 Pro Update Thread

Search This thread

BiziBB

Jul 17, 2010
SYD
Since Oppo has made frequent updates to its announcements this week, why not go there to ask:

BiziBB

Jul 17, 2010
SYD
Same here in Aus with the SGEX rom - muliple VPN no success yet...
See this earlier advice on why VPN will not work (if assuming SGEX is Singapore is correct):
VPN won't work with Asian regions, because each Asian country has its own custom region in the firmware (like Samsung CSC). OTA checks for that region, not your actual/VPN region.

The reason VPN works for European ROM is because many countries share the same system region (Europe EUEX) but Oppo tends to roll out update to specific European countries. We can fool the OTA system by VPN (it checks for Europe EUEX and then your actual region).
View attachment 5810687

samb42

May 30, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Just received coloros13 in the UK with no VPN just searched for update on Singapore rom.

Screenshot_2023-02-03-10-11-17-16_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg

jakoob_cz

Jun 20, 2009
Android 13 seems to be rolling out in Europe. I just did an update myself.

Setup:
1) Check for the update manually in the settings.
2) Didn't work? Disconnect from Wi-Fi, use only data (this is important).
3) Connect using VPN to Netherlands or Germany.
4) Google "what is my IP" to verify your location.
5) Check for an update again, once you see the option to download wait!
6) Turn off VPN, turn on Wi-Fi
7) Start downloading
8) Enjoy the new Android :)

Screenshot_2023-02-03-12-57-59-13_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg

pde_123

Mar 1, 2014
OPPO Find X2 Pro - EE UK

No update available. Tried VPN regions > Netherlands, France, Germany, Italy

Also tried Smart DNS in Private DNS settings.

Only able to try on WIFI and not mobile data as only have Edge data connection in my location. Current battery charge is 27%. Charging now Super VOOC. Once at 100% will try again. 100% charged, same situation. Conclusion update is not available to UK region phones yet or maybe EE carrier specific.

Last edited:

hassan.epour

Oct 7, 2016
OPPO Find X2 Pro - EE UK

No update available. Tried VPN regions > Netherlands, France, Germany, Italy

Also tried Smart DNS in Private DNS settings.

Only able to try on WIFI and not mobile data as only have Edge data connection in my location. Current battery charge is 27%. Charging now Super VOOC. Once at 100% will try again. 100% charged, same situation. Conclusion update is not available to UK region phones yet or maybe EE carrier specific.
Also I'm on EE UK, no update available also for me, if you got update let me know.

ljubo-exyu

Dec 28, 2013
www.malinakupina.com
Congratulations! If you have any issues, let us know. Thanks for sharing a success via VPN.
Honestly, nothing new or specially changed for me. I waited to see if they would restore the default zoom when shooting and they didn't. They even canceled it with the photo option. Pain, pain and only pain when I have to manually drag the zoom line and jump from camera to camera during recording... For those of you who don't deal with video, this will be funny, but we really mind the step-back for something that existed before. We live in a copy-paste era. Other premium phones have such an interface, so why not Oppo. It doesn't matter that they had a better one before. Keeping up with fashion is more important.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The name of the thread should have been changed to Moaning thread....
    11:35 am Spain time... Nothing to VPN Asian region update C61 from single-sim

still wait :)

Listen buddy why don't you let us know when you DID find an update instead of when you did not, mkay?
    Moderator Information

I would like to put a reminder here that we all should be civil to each other during any discussion on XDA. I fully understand the frustration when your issues could not be solved easily or others XDAers just post a questions without any searcing in the forum. I feel you and I got mad some time too, but that should not stop us from helping each other ... in a gentle way.

Feel free to report any spam posts or rule violating posts to moderators and we will clean the threads to keep it on topic. Thanks.

Hope you all have a good holiday. :D

Regards
    This is a place to discuss OTAs & update details, changelogs etc. Not whether you should buy a Samsung, please stay on topic
    This episode of updating is going on since past 3 months and oppo still not uploading the ozips for 11. Very stupid company