Question Find x3 Pro Battery Life

Search This thread

dwnoel

here my experience after 1 week with brand new phone:
  • not heavy usage
  • 65W charge usually between 20% --> 80% (only rare 100%)
  • Android 12
Accubattery gives SOT 8.5h and looks to be better and better (first days were @ 7h+; maybe many updates)

Attachments

• IMG_20220318_130212.jpg
    IMG_20220318_130212.jpg
    618.4 KB · Views: 105

Dimdiam13

Aug 25, 2016
Hello. I am user of the find X3 pro 5 days now and I am very disappointed with the battery performance. Here is a screenshot of the SOT which comes from a moderate use. Could you please tell me what's going wrong?
Screenshot_2022-03-23-14-28-52-35_0ba066473b79d6e213a1f6f52505e2ee.jpg

mklasse

Jul 3, 2014
Hello. I am user of the find X3 pro 5 days now and I am very disappointed with the battery performance. Here is a screenshot of the SOT which comes from a moderate use. Could you please tell me what's going wrong?

Your phone is new, a lot of apps syncing and the phone optimizing battery to your usage habits may take a while.
It also depends on the apps you use. If you are playing power-hungry games, naturally it will drain a lot faster and give you less screen on time.
Keep in mind, your phone also use battery for standby. So even if you don't use your phone at all, the battery still draining and it will show a terrible screen on time, but long standby time. So screen on time is not the only indicator whether a phone has a good battery life or not.
I see your standby time is decent at 18 hours with 2 sim card active, your network also plays a role, if your network has a bad reception, then the phone will drain more battery maintaining the signal.

Dimdiam13

Aug 25, 2016
Your phone is new, a lot of apps syncing and the phone optimizing battery to your usage habits may take a while.
It also depends on the apps you use. If you are playing power-hungry games, naturally it will drain a lot faster and give you less screen on time.
Keep in mind, your phone also use battery for standby. So even if you don't use your phone at all, the battery still draining and it will show a terrible screen on time, but long standby time. So screen on time is not the only indicator whether a phone has a good battery life or not.
I see your standby time is decent at 18 hours with 2 sim card active, your network also plays a role, if your network has a bad reception, then the phone will drain more battery maintaining the signal.
How many days does battery need to be optimised? Here is another screenshot of how battery is going..... I just use browsing and some photos.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-25-17-59-00-70_0ba066473b79d6e213a1f6f52505e2ee.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-25-17-59-00-70_0ba066473b79d6e213a1f6f52505e2ee.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 95

dwnoel

Difficult to say how many days but now I m in the second week with my device and the SOT seems to stabilized at 10.5%/h, means 9h++.
One thing that I discovered: the dev mode was activated by default for me ?! (USB debug), and was draining my batt. After turning off, It passed immediately from 15-16% /h to 10+%.. 50% less
Hope it helps

Last edited:
Reactions: Minao-tan

mklasse

Jul 3, 2014
How many days does battery need to be optimised? Here is another screenshot of how battery is going..... I just use browsing and some photos.
Do you mind sharing the app usage screenshoot? Where you can see individual apps consume how much % of the battery?
Also, yours shows "5 recommended optimisations" what are those? Mine usually only 3; close apps that draws big power, switch to 60hz refresh rate, and turn off GPS.. which I ignore them all. I wonder what is the other 2 in your case, there might be something that drains your battery unknowingly?

Difficult to say how many days but now I m in the second wee with my device and the SOT seems to stabilized at 10.5%/h, means 9h++.
One thing that I discovered: the dev mode was activated by default for me ?! (USB debug), and was draining my batt. After turning off, It passed immediately from 15-16% /h to 10+%.. 50% less
Hope it helps
Wow, 9hts SOT is impressive.

Dimdiam13

Aug 25, 2016
I am so disappointed from the battery.... Look please a day with data active most of the times during this day.
Screenshot_2022-04-09-01-42-59-10_0ba066473b79d6e213a1f6f52505e2ee.jpg

mklasse

Jul 3, 2014
This screenshot is another session of the battery which is also disappointing. I am sharing the app usage too.

There are times where your power consumption graphs looks ok, I'm guessing the youtube music is quite battery consuming, and since it's designed to be active with your screen turned off, thats why it doesn't count towards the SOT data.
SOT is not reliable measurement for battery endurance. If someone can have high SOT doesn't mean you should too, since everyone's usage and condition is different. One may live at the place with excellent cellular reception, one may live at the place with very poor cellular reception that the phone consumed more power to maintain cellular reception. I see you are also using dual sim active, the battery consumption will be different than those who only utilizing single sim.
Like me, 5G network is not available yet where I live, of course my battery will be better than those who uses 5G regularly.

Find X3 Pro doesn't have great battery life to begin with compared to other competing flagship like the S21 Ultra due to smaller battery capacity (4500mah vs 5000mah) and Snapdragon 888 doesn't help either since it's very power-hungry at demanding load (like games), and Snapdragon 8Gen1 is even more hungrier at high load.

The saving grace for Oppo is the superfast charging speed, I usually charge around 8AM for only 15 mins to get it from 20%ish to 80% and if I only use my phone moderately, it'll last me through the day, if not, i recharge again usually only to 40-60% just so it can last to the next morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Minao-tan

thk202

May 6, 2011
me too, feel very bad with this phone battery.
only got 3.5hrs for SOT
decrease 120Hz to 60Hz only help to give me more 30mins SOT

Also noone care for custom rom as Xiaomi phone :(

kwanbis

Apr 19, 2010
The Internets
SOT between 5 and 7hrs. Im a heavy user. Phone unplugged at 7.30 AM, around 10-25% left at 11 PM.

My usage:
- lots of Messenger
- lots of Whatsapp (2 x account, cloned app)
- lots of Line (2x account, cloned app)
- firefox (chrome is draining battery in my case a lot....so i moved to FF and I get +1hr of SoT)
- facebook
- reddit/wykop
- lots of YouTube
- sometimes spotify/google maps
- BT ON (smartwach connected all the time, headphones around 2hrs a day)
- GPS ON
- WiFi ON (connected around 50-70% of the day, the rest is LTE)
- 5G OFF
- 120Hz screen refresh rate
- FHD resolution only
- 2x SIM
How do you get that much? I have two X3 Pro. One with ColorOS latest and another with previous. I never get more than 4 hours of SOT which is very little. The only difference I see with my setup is Chrome and 5G. I will try that as I love the phone.

maxellxl

May 1, 2017
How do you get that much? I have two X3 Pro. One with ColorOS latest and another with previous. I never get more than 4 hours of SOT which is very little. The only difference I see with my setup is Chrome and 5G. I will try that as I love the phone.
As in my post. Chrome disabled, 5G disabled, FHD screen resolution. Remember that a lot depends on the applications you use (sometimes they are draining the battery). Not sure if the results are the same now on the latest coloros version, but ill check it.

kwanbis

Apr 19, 2010
The Internets
As in my post. Chrome disabled, 5G disabled, FHD screen resolution. Remember that a lot depends on the applications you use (sometimes they are draining the battery). Not sure if the results are the same now on the latest coloros version, but ill check it.
I use FHD screen myself. Only difference is Chrome and 5G. I am testing it now.

haw80ag

Feb 14, 2012
Vicenza
OPPO Find X3 Pro
I am moderate user, 5-6 hrs SOT with Youtube, Netflix, Messaging and Social Media apps and easily drops to 4-5 hrs SOT when I play power-hungry games. I find the battery usage is more or less the same with my previous phone, a Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
Considering Find X3 Pro has more powerful and power-hungry SD888, 120Hz screen, and a bump only 300mah more than my Huawei, I thought it's pretty good. The charging is way better than Huawei, faster and less heat. I usually charge my phone in the morning around 15 mins to 80% (I usually charge my phones to 80% unless I want to test for something.. and once or twice a month i full charged my phone to 100%)
that's really good for me as my mate 20 pro is now dead and for me that phone was great as battery. So if x3 pro is the it's perferct for me.

RoyAndroids

Dec 8, 2012
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Guys, please advise. I can trade my Sasmung S21 Ultra for a Oppo Find X3 Pro and thinking to do that trade. Is the Oppo close to the S21U? My battery with the ultra is excellent and the camera aswell. Reason for me is the experience of this phone. I switch often, just for a devices try out, but the samsung S21U is now on top for me and i doubt about the Oppo. Can you help me for this?

mklasse

Jul 3, 2014
Guys, please advise. I can trade my Sasmung S21 Ultra for a Oppo Find X3 Pro and thinking to do that trade. Is the Oppo close to the S21U? My battery with the ultra is excellent and the camera aswell. Reason for me is the experience of this phone. I switch often, just for a devices try out, but the samsung S21U is now on top for me and i doubt about the Oppo. Can you help me for this?
Battery on the S21 Ultra is larger than the Find X3 Pro, I don't think it would be an upgrade for you battery life-wise. Maybe Find X5 Pro is a better phone for now?

D

Deleted member 1755208

So you're opinion is the S21U te better device?
no
s21 ultra has to many problems

check the forum

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can anyone with a Find x3 Pro comment on the phones battery life?
    I'm looking at getting a new phone soon and the Find x3 Pro is a top contender. But I'm a bit concerned about its battery life. I want something that will last all day with average to above average use.
    SOT between 5 and 7hrs. Im a heavy user. Phone unplugged at 7.30 AM, around 10-25% left at 11 PM.

My usage:
    - lots of Messenger
    - lots of Whatsapp (2 x account, cloned app)
    - lots of Line (2x account, cloned app)
    - firefox (chrome is draining battery in my case a lot....so i moved to FF and I get +1hr of SoT)
    - facebook
    - reddit/wykop
    - lots of YouTube
    - sometimes spotify/google maps
    - BT ON (smartwach connected all the time, headphones around 2hrs a day)
    - GPS ON
    - WiFi ON (connected around 50-70% of the day, the rest is LTE)
    - 5G OFF
    - 120Hz screen refresh rate
    - FHD resolution only
    - 2x SIM

Hi. Im looking forward to purchase the X3 pro, but worried on the battery life, currently using k20 pro. May i know which model is your device, is it global or CN rom?
    Global
    Just you to know, I never charge this thing at night. 20 minutes during my breakfast and going on using it all day and next night (not disturb). 5-6h SOT also with gaming and video streaming. I am super satisfied with battery management and especially with charging times.
    What are the 4 recommended optimisations (top of the screen)?