[Find7][X900x][X907x] ROOT method with OPPO Recovery Stock - ColorOS 1.2.2i & 1.2.3i

Search This thread

boogie2001

Aug 19, 2013
Does anyone know where I could download the Oppo Recovery
.img for Oppo Find 7a? I flashed a custom recovery (TWRP) and want to go back to Oppo's recovery. Any ideas where to find it?

Last edited:

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Guys, come on. Does anyone know if this works with the Find 7? Not 7A. I got the X9077, was told it was International model but it's the chinese model which doesn't allow google. I would love to know if anyone has looked at getting a custom recvovery to work but that hasn't happened as yet.
As the custom recoveries for the X900* series DON'T work I was wondering if anyone knows if it will with the stock recovery?
And please, no smart remarks....

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Found out on another site it does work.
Phew, that's a relief. Had my new phone a whole hour without root.... Longest that's ever been...:p:laugh:
Also found that this file flashed through stock recovery gives you all the Google apps if you get the chinese variant, I believe the X9076 shouldn't require this... - www.megafileupload.com/en/file/540593/Find7-GMS4-3-bbs-oppo-cn-zip.html

Thank you Suyi from Oppo forums for that...

Now to find a custom recovery and start flashing......:D

Never know, might be goodbye Samsung if this hits the right note, will now I'm not stuck using chinese app store with all tags in a language I can't read....

Last edited:

DoeBoi

Jan 18, 2011
has anyone try this on build number X9006_12_14_06_05 ? also what's the worst case scenario if this method failed?

scumpicule

Jun 28, 2012
Hunedoara
Phew, that's a relief. Had my new phone a whole hour without root.... Longest that's ever been...:p:laugh:
Also found that this file flashed through stock recovery gives you all the Google apps if you get the chinese variant, I believe the X9076 shouldn't require this... - www.megafileupload.com/en/file/540593/Find7-GMS4-3-bbs-oppo-cn-zip.html

Never know, might be goodbye Samsung if this hits the right note, will now I'm not stuck using chinese app store with all tags in a language I can't read....

Thank you for the information man !

JaCh0o

Aug 16, 2011

Any way to root 1.2.2i ???

JaCh0o

Aug 16, 2011
Yeah already did.

Wysłane z mojego Oppo Find 7 przy użyciu Taptalka

limkoksoon

Oct 24, 2007
Ipoh
hey guys, does anyone tried root on X9006_12_140625 build?

tried 4 files downloaded here and all installations failed.

help needed...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Find7][X900x][X907x] ROOT method with OPPO Recovery Stock - ColorOS 1.2.2i & 1.2.3i

How to ROOT your OPPO Find7a with the Oppo Recovery Stock ?

Warning: Note: No one but yourself is responsible for what you do to your device.

X9007 = Chinese TD-LTE support // X9006 = EU FDD-LTE or US FDD-LTE support

How to get ROOT ColorOS v1.2.2i ?

1. Download this File -->> Find7_ROOT4.3_bbs.oppo.cn.zip

2. Copy/Paste it in your phone on your root folder

3. Turn Off your phone

4. Simultaneously press the buttons ' power ' and 'volume down ' until you feel a vibration.

5. Your phone will reboot into recovery mode. ( Should be the OPPO recovery ! )

6. Select ' Choose English ' & Install zip file

7. Then choose the zip file that you have downloaded in step 1 & valid installation.

8. Congratulations, your device is now Rooted

NOTE :

If you get this error message after processing ROOT -->> "Wmjan_Gms_4.3 does not install (installation failed)" then Flash this file by the same way that you have rooted your device.

-->> Find7_GMS4.3_bbs.oppo.cn.zip <<--

Installation Video by "TK" XDA Developer TV Producer

[11-07-2014 UPDATE Thread] How to get ROOT with ColorOS v1.2.3i on X9076/X9077/X9007/X9006

Download :

1) Official Recovery Mod from Kedros[ (custom recoveries like CWM or TWRP stopped working on this build in X9076)

2) Oppo Root from KedrosOppo Root from Kedros (SuperSU 2.01 apears to be not working)

Steps by step to root:

1. Run fastboot mode on you phone and plug it to PC.

2. Flash recovery "Recovery Mod from Kedros" using prompt command like above 1.2.2i, but here with :

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery x9077-official-recovery-mod.img

3. Do not turn off your phone, instead of this PRESS VOLUME DOWN + POWER and enter in new recovery.

4. Flash from new recovery "Oppo Root from Kedros" (flashing simillar to 1.2.2i rooting the phone)

5. Enjoy ! Your OPPO is rooted ! :)

Issue : SuperSU 2.01 doesn't work.

Credits & Thanks

@karben
    @Kedros
    @TK "XDA Developer TV Producer"
    @Jimmy MCGee

has anyone try this on build number X9006_12_14_06_05 ? also what's the worst case scenario if this method failed?

already tried and tested, works flawlessly

Thx, Is the only difference the fact we don't have to use the computer to root?

Sent from my X9006 using XDA Free mobile app

Yes & requires OPPO Recovery Stock Too
    Can i flash this via stock recovery with color os v1.2.9i version? Btw my model is x9006. Thanks..