• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Find7] [X9077] Recovery TWRP v2.7.1.0 + Easy ROOT Method

Search This thread

scumpicule

Jun 28, 2012
Hunedoara
Install Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) on Oppo Find 7 (X9077)

Warning: Note: No one but yourself is responsible for what you do to your device.

X9077 = Chinese TD-LTE support // X9076 = EU FDD-LTE or US FDD-LTE support

Know issues : Half the screen size

i3PvjrfOEmGXb.jpg

Requirements:

How to install:

1. Connect your phone to your PC. You should see a window with the drivers in an application called 'setup.exe '.

2. Start the installation process and wait until it ends. then disconnect the phone from the PC.

3. Extract the contents of the file ' AndroidSDKSlim.zip ' on your desktop. You should have a folder named ' android-sdk-windows ' where there is another folder: 'platform-tools.'

4. In this folder, move the .img files you downloaded ( twrp-x9077.img )

5. Turn off your mobile.

6. Restart your mobile in fastboot mode by pressing the High Volume + Power buttons until the appearance of the word ' Fastboot ' .

7. Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable.

8. In platform-tools folder 'with your mouse, do' right click 'while holding down the 'Shift ' button, then select ' Open a command window here . '

9. In this window, type the following code to verify that your device is recognized.

Code:
     fastboot devices

10. Then type the following command to install the TWRP :

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-x9077.img

11. Once the process is finished, disconnect your phone from your computer, then simultaneously press the buttons ' power ' and 'volume down ' until you feel a vibration.

12. Your phone will reboot into your new custom recovery.

13. Select ' reboot system now ' to reboot your phone !

How to root :

1. Just download the attached file --> UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.01.zip
  2. Copy/paste it on your memory phone
  3. Reboot into recovery mode
  4. Flash the file & next reboot your phone
  5. Enjoy ! You're root !

Stock recovery OPPO Find 7 X9077 (Maybe works for X9076)

Fastboot method IMG file --> x9077-official-recovery-mod.img

Flash the IMG file with this fastboot command :

Code:
fastboot flash recovery x9077-official-recovery-mod.img

Credits & Thanks

Ultramag69
Kedros
Chainfire
TotallydubbedHD

Your feedback is welcome​

Attachments

• UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.01.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 526
Last edited:

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Will this work on the US version of Find7?

As far as I know both X9006/07 and X9076/77 can be rooted using the X9006/07 method and this particular recovery can be installed on all too...
Also the Gummy CWM...
But as per usual, you are doing this to your own phone and you are, ultimately, responsible... Tha being said, I have the X9077 and swap recoveries all the time...

Reactions: bsp120167

bsp120167

Jul 26, 2008
Lincoln, RI
As far as I know both X9006/07 and X9076/77 can be rooted using the X9006/07 method and this particular recovery can be installed on all too...
Also the Gummy CWM...
But as per usual, you are doing this to your own phone and you are, ultimately, responsible... Tha being said, I have the X9077 and swap recoveries all the time...

I would imagine it should work

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Also the Gummy CWM...

The US version is X9077 I guess?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) on Oppo Find 7 (X9077)

Warning: Note: No one but yourself is responsible for what you do to your device.

X9077 = Chinese TD-LTE support // X9076 = EU FDD-LTE or US FDD-LTE support

Know issues : Half the screen size

i3PvjrfOEmGXb.jpg

Requirements:

How to install:

1. Connect your phone to your PC. You should see a window with the drivers in an application called 'setup.exe '.

2. Start the installation process and wait until it ends. then disconnect the phone from the PC.

3. Extract the contents of the file ' AndroidSDKSlim.zip ' on your desktop. You should have a folder named ' android-sdk-windows ' where there is another folder: 'platform-tools.'

4. In this folder, move the .img files you downloaded ( twrp-x9077.img )

5. Turn off your mobile.

6. Restart your mobile in fastboot mode by pressing the High Volume + Power buttons until the appearance of the word ' Fastboot ' .

7. Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable.

8. In platform-tools folder 'with your mouse, do' right click 'while holding down the 'Shift ' button, then select ' Open a command window here . '

9. In this window, type the following code to verify that your device is recognized.

Code:
       fastboot devices

10. Then type the following command to install the TWRP :

Code:
      fastboot flash recovery twrp-x9077.img

11. Once the process is finished, disconnect your phone from your computer, then simultaneously press the buttons ' power ' and 'volume down ' until you feel a vibration.

12. Your phone will reboot into your new custom recovery.

13. Select ' reboot system now ' to reboot your phone !

How to root :

1. Just download the attached file --> UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.01.zip
    2. Copy/paste it on your memory phone
    3. Reboot into recovery mode
    4. Flash the file & next reboot your phone
    5. Enjoy ! You're root !

Stock recovery OPPO Find 7 X9077 (Maybe works for X9076)

Fastboot method IMG file --> x9077-official-recovery-mod.img

Flash the IMG file with this fastboot command :

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery x9077-official-recovery-mod.img

Credits & Thanks

Ultramag69
    Kedros
    Chainfire
    TotallydubbedHD

Your feedback is welcome​
    I can confirm that this method is working on Oppo Find 7 (international) x9076 on ColorOS 1.2.2i. Thanks for providing this method.
    TWRP Recovery

What is the source of this recovery image? Is this simply the official Find 7a recovery?
    Thanks again for the great guide - created a video guide for it :)