Question Finding Full Software Update For Flashing

Search This thread

micheal2445

Nov 11, 2022
Tennessee,USA
OnePlus Nord N20 5G
Well gimme about 10-20 more minutes and the decrypted and extracted firmware images will be uploaded into my mega drive..
Any chance you have similar for CPH2459 trying to fix my EFS or QCN issue making my IMEI and baseband unknown has lead to a phone that will not even power to fastboot, but seems capable of entering EDL according to device manager.

DrScrad

Im so frustrated. Road block after an other . Do I need to flash system.img and odm.img?

Your upload doesn't have neither.
hey man.. so i just extracted the super.img and it has system, odm, and all other parititions you'll need for flashing in fastbootd.. so i'm curently uploading the extracted super.img and uploading them.. hhey will be under hhe same folder but under the sub-folder "super"..

treysky54

Jun 25, 2018
I have the unlocked US Nord N20 5G that I would be happy to rip & upload a stock image for our community.

I'm proficient "with getting my fingers dirty" in Windows, Linux (Debian), and of course Android. But funny enough, this is one thing I've actually never done, is rip a copy of a stock image. So any tips on steps/programs/methods to accomplish this effectively, will be duly noted.

Phone: OnePlus Nord 20 5G (not SE)
Chipset: Qualcomm 695 5G
Build: CPH2459_11_A.08 (22/09/05)
Kernel: 5.4.147
OxygenOS: 11.3

Last edited:
Reactions: ScarletWizard
D

Deleted member 11575455

I have the unlocked US Nord N20 5G that I would be happy to rip & upload a stock image for our community.

I'm proficient "with getting my fingers dirty" in Windows, Linux (Debian), and of course Android. But funny enough, this is one thing I've actually never done, is rip a copy of a stock image. So any tips on steps/programs/methods to accomplish this effectively, will be duly noted.

Phone: OnePlus Nord 20 5G (not SE)
Chipset: Qualcomm 695 5G
Build: CPH2459_11_A.08 (22/09/05)
Kernel: 5.4.147
OxygenOS: 11.3
here is a quick script to pull a device backup, I don't have the device so I can't test it, let me know if there are any issues. This should pull boot, dtbo, vbmeta, vbmeta_system, vendor_boot and super image. This script is meant to be run from Linux. Should run from Rooted Android OS or Custom Recovery(TWRP)

Attachments

• Device_Image_Dumper.sh
    2.1 KB · Views: 27

treysky54

Jun 25, 2018
Okay, looks like I need to root first. Shoulda realized that.

@PizzaG really like that script, looks clean from my skim-over. Likely use that first.

@DrScrad So basically put the GSI in the other slot, then just reach over and rip away?

Should I worry about packing an image?

BTW, I know of both of you and give much respect for your contributions.

treysky54

Jun 25, 2018
here is a quick script to pull a device backup, I don't have the device so I can't test it, let me know if there are any issues. This should pull boot, dtbo, vbmeta, vbmeta_system, vendor_boot and super image. This script is meant to be run from Linux. Should run from Rooted Android OS or Custom Recovery(TWRP)
Maybe a dumb question, but I thought A/B slots effectively did away with recovery partitions. If I install TWRP and Magisk to get root, will it not overwrite my stock OS? If I could, I'd like to use Magisk ONLY for root, then use a module for the backup. I've been all over trying to learn about it, but without a stock image, I'm not sure how these youtube guys are seemingly getting root with Magisk. Maybe Delta?? And what's the difference between flashing Magisk/TWRP with "fastboot flash boot" vs "fastboot flash recovery"? Most people say use boot but since I don't want to mess with the stock image, shouldn't I use recovery for Magisk/TWRP? Tryin' to learn here.

treysky54

Jun 25, 2018
You change magisk apk to .zip and it will through TWRP patch your boot.img without needing to physically obtain it whereas to flash it you have to get the stock boot then patch it and then flash.
What I did, thanks. Got root, and a nice clean backup now. A bunch of win and sha2 files. How would one go about creating a proper backup image of all those files? Something I can flash later on.

DrScrad

If you have root, then I suggest getting into an adb shell and using the cli tool DD to save flashable forms of the partitions you're wanting to backup..

I.e. dd if=/dev/block/by-name/boot_a of=/storage/emulated/0/boot_a.img

That would save boot_a.img to your phone's internal storage..

Reactions: treysky54
Nov 20, 2022
OnePlus Nord N20 5G
fastboot –set-active=a
fastboot format:ext4 userdata
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash odm odm.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img

fastboot reboot bootloader

fastboot –set-active=b
fastboot format:ext4 userdata
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash odm odm.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
The files i found online are in .ofp format. once unpacked i see that there is no odm.img or system.img. is there another way of flashing the unpacked .ofp file?

micheal2445

Nov 11, 2022
Tennessee,USA
OnePlus Nord N20 5G
Maybe a dumb question, but I thought A/B slots effectively did away with recovery partitions. If I install TWRP and Magisk to get root, will it not overwrite my stock OS? If I could, I'd like to use Magisk ONLY for root, then use a module for the backup. I've been all over trying to learn about it, but without a stock image, I'm not sure how these youtube guys are seemingly getting root with Magisk. Maybe Delta?? And what's the difference between flashing Magisk/TWRP with "fastboot flash boot" vs "fastboot flash recovery"? Most people say use boot but since I don't want to mess with the stock image, shouldn't I use recovery for Magisk/TWRP? Tryin' to learn here.
It's likely against common interest to wipe all trace just ultimately they will shrink it to a point where the only recovery option does flash the other partition but that would require a request for the flash to happen likely would be called a recovery even if it does nothing that older recoveries did.

Reactions: treysky54

Top Liked Posts