Finding kernel/chipset exploits for android rooting

Search This thread

polendina

Aug 11, 2022
I've been trying to root my Huawei y6 prime for a while now, and after getting to know that bootloader unlocking is a mandatory intermediary process, which itself requires a code during the unlocking process, thus i had to resort to bruteforcing the code but it just doesn't work properly. After some research, i come to realize that some privilege escalation exploits that affects vulnerabilities at the android kernel or the chipsets i.e. android-dirty-pipe and mtk-su, can be used to gain root privileges instead of the "typical" aforementioned one or ready-made android applications.
The question is -if i'm understanding it correctly- How can i find the respective exploits that works for my phone? Is there an index or a more feasible way of aggregating possible exploits that can work with my phone's kernel/android build/chipset/model?
I was skeptic about the fact that being unable to obtain bootloader unlock token is the end of the road as most previous threads claim!

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
I've been trying to root my Huawei y6 prime for a while now, and after getting to know that bootloader unlocking is a mandatory intermediary process, which itself requires a code during the unlocking process, thus i had to resort to bruteforcing the code but it just doesn't work properly. After some research, i come to realize that some privilege escalation exploits that affects vulnerabilities at the android kernel or the chipsets i.e. android-dirty-pipe and mtk-su, can be used to gain root privileges instead of the "typical" aforementioned one or ready-made android applications.
The question is -if i'm understanding it correctly- How can i find the respective exploits that works for my phone? Is there an index or a more feasible way of aggregating possible exploits that can work with my phone's kernel/android build/chipset/model?
I was skeptic about the fact that being unable to obtain bootloader unlock token is the end of the road as most previous threads claim!
Hello and good morning, @polendina

Welcome to XDA. I hope you'll always find and get the support you require.

However, prior to your next posting please read the guidances that are stuck on top of every forum like
and the others. I've moved the thread to Android Q&A.

Thanks for your cooperation!
Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator