• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Finding P40 Pro firmware

Search This thread

Tristen_luke

Apr 9, 2021
LG V20
LG G7 ThinQ
Been researching for ages now, made a good few mistakes, had gms services installed all smooth sailing, manually updated with hisuite and team mt to 10.0.1.175 but I've stuffed up now.

I went hunting for a firmware version to restore Ota updates and have spiraled down a deep dark rabbit hole.

Self inflicted issue I flashed Emui 10.0.1.154 from reading threads in hopes of regaining Ota updates but obviously wiped all the data (silly me made no backups) and now need to reinstall googlefier but I'm unable to with the firmware version being too high up.

Now begins the major issue I'm stuck at 10.0.154 and I can't find firmware anywhere as team mt online firmware finder is currently bringing back errors both through apk and online, I saw a thread somewhere about Huawei moving databases or something like that.

I have found some other sites like huaweidl but the firmwares hosted are incompatible

I have a Els-NX9
Build is (185E9R4P1)
Region is clearly C185
I've typically searched for ELS-LGRP4 firmwares as the results often were favorable.

Currently I can't find firmware to match closest I've gotten is (C432) firmwares which is probably why Ota updates stopped working in the first place.

At this point I don't care about emui 11 or updates anymore I just want gms and gapps back I'm losing my mind can anyone assist?

orb_selektor

Forum Moderator - Welcomer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Been researching for ages now, made a good few mistakes, had gms services installed all smooth sailing, manually updated with hisuite and team mt to 10.0.1.175 but I've stuffed up now.

I went hunting for a firmware version to restore Ota updates and have spiraled down a deep dark rabbit hole.

Self inflicted issue I flashed Emui 10.0.1.154 from reading threads in hopes of regaining Ota updates but obviously wiped all the data (silly me made no backups) and now need to reinstall googlefier but I'm unable to with the firmware version being too high up.

Now begins the major issue I'm stuck at 10.0.154 and I can't find firmware anywhere as team mt online firmware finder is currently bringing back errors both through apk and online, I saw a thread somewhere about Huawei moving databases or something like that.

I have found some other sites like huaweidl but the firmwares hosted are incompatible

I have a Els-NX9
Build is (185E9R4P1)
Region is clearly C185
I've typically searched for ELS-LGRP4 firmwares as the results often were favorable.

Currently I can't find firmware to match closest I've gotten is (C432) firmwares which is probably why Ota updates stopped working in the first place.

At this point I don't care about emui 11 or updates anymore I just want gms and gapps back I'm losing my mind can anyone assist?
Welcome to XDA!
Please help us to keep our forum neat!, do not double post threads, read the rules and more importantly, enjoy!

Tristen_luke

Apr 9, 2021
LG V20
LG G7 ThinQ
Welcome to XDA!
Please help us to keep our forum neat!, do not double post threads, read the rules and more importantly, enjoy!
Thank you, double post was a mistake, my apologies. I've hunted for a delete option but could not find one, but I appreciate the welcome. I have also done my best to understand the rules and will do my best to abide by the.

Tristen_luke

Apr 9, 2021
LG V20
LG G7 ThinQ
my firmware repository
amazing, you're a champ, thank you! I'm going to give the file (Huawei_P40_Pro_Elsa-N29D 10.1.0.131(C185E9R4P1)_Firmware_EMUI10.1.0_05016PVQ.zip) a goI.

'm still struggling to wrap my mind around phone models. The build number matches perfectly but not the model number. phone says NX9 whereas the package says N29D, are there any threads I can read on this, would love to learn more

Last edited:
Reactions: rabunz1105

Tristen_luke

Apr 9, 2021
LG V20
LG G7 ThinQ
amazing, you're a champ, thank you! I'm going to give the file (Huawei_P40_Pro_Elsa-N29D 10.1.0.131(C185E9R4P1)_Firmware_EMUI10.1.0_05016PVQ.zip) a goI.

'm still struggling to wrap my mind around phone models. The build number matches perfectly but not the model number. phone says NX9 whereas the package says N29D, are there any threads I can read on this, would love to learn more
Just an update @starbase64 thank you for the firmware, what a treat both my issues solved tonight after many a late night of searching and reading. I have both Gms now and Emui 11 through Ota updates.

Just to provide my method to other readers,

I downloaded the aforementioned firmware version for my build. Extracted it to a USB thumbdrive making sure the dload folder was at the root of the drive. And then used the otg method to flash the firmware.

@Bender007 also want to say thanks for the amazing googlefier app, both times now it was super easy to work with.

rabunz1105

Apr 30, 2011
Just an update @starbase64 thank you for the firmware, what a treat both my issues solved tonight after many a late night of searching and reading. I have both Gms now and Emui 11 through Ota updates.

I downloaded the aforementioned firmware version for my build. Extracted it to a USB thumbdrive making sure the dload folder was at the root of the drive. And then used the otg method to flash the firmware.

@Bender007 also want to say thanks for the amazing googlefier app, both times now it was super easy to work with.
Thank you for starting this thread and thanks to @starbase64 for the repository. Appreciate it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you for starting this thread and thanks to @starbase64 for the repository. Appreciate it

I have a Els-NX9
    Build is (185E9R4P1)
    Region is clearly C185

Welcome to XDA!
    Thank you, double post was a mistake, my apologies. I've hunted for a delete option but could not find one, but I appreciate the welcome. I have also done my best to understand the rules and will do my best to abide by the.
    my firmware repository