Finding Replacement Battery in 2017?

Search This thread
Anybody know where to find a battery that will fit in the Shield Tablet? I know there are several threads online (here on xda, on GeForce forums, and other places) that discuss replacing the shield tablet battery and a few different part numbers / batteries that work, but all those threads are from 2016 and 2015, and all the suggested batteries can no longer be purchased (out of stock and/or discontinued everywhere I've looked). My Shield Tablet battery still works, but it's getting weak and I'd like to bring to back to it's full glory (only get about 3 hours of SOT anymore and AccuBattery lists the estimated capacity at about 3400mah out of the original 5200mah).

Reactions: miji2
Ok, so I just spent the last hour or so scouring eBay for batteries, and I found several options but none of them are exactly the same size (mAh or dimensions) as the old battery. According to comments online, the original shield tablet battery is exactly 3.5mm x 74mm x 152mm.

I know this is a long shot, but to anyone who has already opened up they're tablet: do you think it is at all possible to squeeze a slight wider or slightly thicker battery in the shield tablet? Like maybe 0.5mm to 1mm thicker, or maybe 4mm to 6mm wider?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs

Ok, I'm going to be going ahead with replacing my Shield Tablet battery in the next few weeks or so. Not sure exactly when, but when I do, I'll post my results in this thread so shield owners can find it in the future. Below are some links to the batteries that I found on Ebay that MIGHT be compatible with the Shield Tablet. The original Shield Tablet battery size is suppose to be 3574152 (3.5mm x 74mm x 152mm), according to a comment by Jose Fuentes on this site. All of the batteries listed below ship from China, I couldn't find any that ship out of the USA, but they should all be able to be shipped to the USA.

Ebay Links (if any of these links stop working because the lists are over, just search Ebay for the text of the links):
3.7V 5500mAh 3380150
3.7V 5135mAh 4563135
3.7V 4850mAh 3773140
3.7V 5000mAh 4068106
3.7V 5000mAh 3380140
3.7V 4800mah 3373158
3.7V 5200mah 3377140

When I get around to trying to replace my Shield Tablet battery, I will most likely be buying two of the batteries listed above (the 3.7V 5200mah 3377140 which I'm really hoping fits, and probably the 3.7V 4850mAh 3773140 because it should be most likely to fit).

Reactions: Niii4

pietro18m

Jun 14, 2011
Hi. My K1 seems to be very poor of mAh. Another problem is the recharge: it takes long time with all my cables and charger that i have. So, i have installed AccuBattery and after 1 recharge he gives me that the battery health is 60% (3100 mAh).

What can i do?
Can i calibrate my battery or maybe it's time to replace it. I have this tablet from 1 year

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk

Ok so the good news, the battery came in today!

The bad news, it's just a fraction of a mm too wide to fit in the battery space in the shield tablet! I could probably force it into the space, but it would be putting pressure on the sides of the battery, which I'm afraid might cause a battery rupture because the battery would have absolutely no swell room (on top of already having pressure on it). So I'm going to have to order a smaller one later and try again. The thickness and length was fine though (it's actually considerably shorter length wise than the original).

Reactions: Niii4 and miji2

Niii4

Jun 14, 2016
Can you show some photos?

I'd make a test run with the new replacement battery.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

miji2

Oct 12, 2010
Toronto
Xiaomi Mi 8
Lenovo Z5 Pro GT
The bad news, it's just a fraction of a mm too wide to fit in the battery space in the shield tablet! I could probably force it into the space, but it would be putting pressure on the sides of the battery, which I'm afraid might cause a battery rupture because the battery would have absolutely no swell room (on top of already having pressure on it). So I'm going to have to order a smaller one later and try again. The thickness and length was fine though (it's actually considerably shorter length wise than the original).

Sucks dude, but I appreciate keeping us informed. So this is the 5200mah 3377140 battery which is a little too wide?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It fits!! Size wise, this 4700mah Cameron Sino battery fits just fine. I have not installed it yet though, as I now have to bust out the soldering iron and work on removing the load control pcb from the original shield battery (and remove the pcb that came attached the the Cameron Sino battery), and then attach the original shield battery load pcb to the Cameron Sino battery. I probably won't get around to installing for a few days, as I want to set aside at least an hour or two to do it and document the process as best I can for you guys. I've never written up a how to before, so don't expect an A+ top notch guide, but I'll do my best! Here are a few pictures of the new battery (already started cutting away around the pcb so I could see it), and pictures inside my shield tablet showing the original battery and wiring (the wiring comes from the load pcb on the battery and attaches to the main board inside the tablet).

Sucks dude, but I appreciate keeping us informed. So this is the 5200mah 3377140 battery which is a little too wide?

Yup this was the 5200mah 3377140 battery (3.3mm x 77mm x 140mm). That 77mm width is just a faction of a mm too wide. If it was 76mm im sure it would have fit (although it still may have been a tight fit, specially if swelling occurs later). I'd say to be on the safe side stay at 75mm or less on the width. I've contacted the eBay seller I bought it from to see if they have the capability to find me a battery custom battery in the 4800mah to 5200mah range at a size of 4075152 or less (that's 4mm by 75mm by 152mm). I'll keep everyone posted.

Hey!

I would like to update this one and did read your comment about original size measurement. This one should not be a problem?

Size thickness 3.5mm Length 152mm Wide 65mm

The original Shield Tablet battery size is suppose to be 3574152 (3.5mm x 74mm x 152mm)

I assume this size specs will work fully compatible with NVIDIA Shield K1 Tablet. I would appreciate your feedback and confirm this one should fit so I can order it and will let you know once I replace it.

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/L238...ery/945908873.html?trace=msiteDetail2pcDetail

Yes that battery should work. The size is right. Just remember when changing the shield tablet battery, you must remove the little control board pcb from the original shield Tablet battery and attach it to the new battery (and just discard the pcb that came attached to the new battery). I read somewhere that If you don't, the tablet won't even start with the new battery.

Ok so the good news, the battery came in today!

Is this the k1 ur attempting because I need a new battery as well

No, I have the original. But literally the only difference is the k1 doesn't have the stylus, so if it works in the original it should work in the k1.