Question Finger print and lock screen

Search This thread

dnoam

Mar 8, 2017
The success rate hit of the finger print scanner is much lower with the lock screen than with the screen saver. While with the screen saver it is effective and quick , it more often than not that with the lockscreen the fingerprint identification is rejected.
Any ideas? solutions? I already deleted and printed new finger print few times already.

Last edited:

Tony966

Dec 9, 2014
I find that it's total garbage. It works about 10% of the time and I've redone adding my prints over and over. I've tried most of the steps others have and find that it doesn't help. Someone said to do a factory reset and no I'm not going to do that. I just don't use it anymore and will probably get rid of this phone soon. I want to use SD cards again and have more memory as 512 is just not enough. The reader on the Note 9 was so much better.

Sonin66

Dec 15, 2012
Cleveland, OH
Not sure what you guys are doing or not doing, but my print reads all the time whether screen is on or off. Get use to where the sensor is also make sure you don't have dry hands

dnoam

Mar 8, 2017
Not sure what you guys are doing or not doing, but my print reads all the time whether screen is on or off. Get use to where the sensor is also make sure you don't have dry hands

I am doing all of the above , just when AOD is active the success rate is vey bad , when normal screen saver is on , the success rate is much better.
Tnx

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
I have learnt I need to press harder. I used to have a Pixel 2 XL FPR on the back which was really sensitive. Using a phone with FPR under-screen was new for me, you do need to be firmer when pressing your finger down and after training myself for a few days I don't have any issue with unlocking now. I have fitted two S21Ultras (mine and friends)with the White Dome tempered glass and that has not impacted us either.

Tony966

Dec 9, 2014
It's hard to miss where the sensor is as it's pointed out on the screen when using it. As for dried hands that too seems not to matter.

Tony966

Dec 9, 2014
Folks I'm guessing you think you're being helpful when you say that you're not having a problem with your phone as a response to someone who is have a problem. To me that's like me taking my car to a mechanic and telling them my car isn't working properly and them telling me that their car is working just fine. I worked for many years as a computer consultant at a major university in upstate NY and never once did I respond in this fashion because it's pointless.

mattlcfc

Nov 18, 2010
But he was wondering if his phone was faulty..you being an analyst should realise that if most of the replies are positive that in itself helps him

sesnut

Jun 11, 2012
Folks I'm guessing you think you're being helpful when you say that you're not having a problem with your phone as a response to someone who is have a problem. To me that's like me taking my car to a mechanic and telling them my car isn't working properly and them telling me that their car is working just fine. I worked for many years as a computer consultant at a major university in upstate NY and never once did I respond in this fashion because it's pointless.

Im guessing you think we can solve a problem thats either a defect or user error.

oh wait. guess we can just close the thread then.

mattlcfc

Nov 18, 2010
This has started to be an issue on my a.o.d.
Was ok but I changed the icon and it seems to be hit and miss now.
I just double tap the screen and bypass it

dnoam

Mar 8, 2017
Problems solved.The cause of very low hit rate of the fingerprint scanner on AOD in lock screen was new icons i dowloaded from Galaxy store.When i installed the original , no more missed prints

Reactions: Teezj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Problems solved.The cause of very low hit rate of the fingerprint scanner on AOD in lock screen was new icons i dowloaded from Galaxy store.When i installed the original , no more missed prints
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone