Finger Print reader not responding, please try again later

Search This thread

kash20

Jun 7, 2011
Got the S9 today, it's happened several times where I try use the finger print reader and it says it is not responding and will not fix until I restart. The fingerprint reader works so I suspect it's not a hardware issue. Anyone else facing the same fault?

Update 13/03 - As per another similar thread, the issue has been identified as linking with Finger Sensor gestures being enable (Settings > Advanced Features > Finger Sensor Gestures) and Samsung will be issuing a fix this coming friday

Last edited:

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
Try factory reset. If that doesn't work, return the device for a replacement.

Pasito

Mar 11, 2018
Me too for at least once a day. Phone restart seems to be the only quick solution for now. Make sure to report this to Samsung via Samsung Member app so it gets escalated and release the fix ASAP.

-juanito-

Oct 22, 2010
Happened for me too.

EDIT: Rebooted the device and also happened after a few minutes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mix1987

Jun 2, 2011
So far so good. No issues with the fingerprint sensor. If its a software issue it should be more widespread then this. I suspect a faulty unit.

kash20

Jun 7, 2011
I am experiencing this as well. Did you ever solve it?

Me too for at least once a day. Phone restart seems to be the only quick solution for now. Make sure to report this to Samsung via Samsung Member app so it gets escalated and release the fix ASAP.

Happened for me too.

EDIT: Rebooted the device and also happened after a few minutes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

So it only occured on the first day for me, since then it seems to be fine and working so not fully sure what changed as I didn't find any fix.

hassan.ikh

Jun 15, 2014
Same issue

I have the same issue on my new s9. Been onto Samsung support told me to wipe cache partition and monitor. No issues yet. But out of interest has anyone got apps installed that use fingerprint for authentication. My RBS app keeps crashing and uses fingerprint for login, maybe it's linked?

mancuk29

Mar 22, 2007
Manchester
I had the issue with first direct it said fingerprint sensor log in cancelled
However the switching on fingerprint worked until I then got failed and restart message

I deleted the prints rebooted and 're added and since no issues touch wood

Sent from my SM-G965F using XDA Premium HD app

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
Mine failed today. It told me to restart if the issue continued. I had to restart and it worked.

kash20

Jun 7, 2011
Update 13/03 - As per another similar thread, the issue has been identified as linking with Finger Sensor gestures being enable (Settings > Advanced Features > Finger Sensor Gestures) and Samsung will be issuing a fix this coming friday

Reactions: paintball12345

hassan.ikh

Jun 15, 2014
I have the same issue on my new s9. Been onto Samsung support told me to wipe cache partition and monitor. No issues yet. But out of interest has anyone got apps installed that use fingerprint for authentication. My RBS app keeps crashing and uses fingerprint for login, maybe it's linked?

Update: wiping cache partition worked a treat. Issue has not reoccured. I have fingerprint unlock and gestures both on and working perfectly now. Suggest you guys give this a try as recommended from Samsung. :)

Reactions: paintball12345

hassan.ikh

Jun 15, 2014
Turn your phone off, hold the volume up, bixby and power keys for 10 secs. At the menu use the volume keys to navigate to wipe cache partition and power key to select. Once complete reboot your phone. I had gestures and scanner off when I done this. I have still not had a problem.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Does wiping the cache clear the memory or just clears the crap out

Wiping the cache partition will keep your data and settings intact.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Does wiping the cache clear the memory or just clears the crap out

Wiping the cache partition will keep your data and settings intact.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

I've done it, but got the same problem after few hours. Didn't work for me.

Check for hardware fault first by dialling *#0*# test the fingerprint scanner and check you get a pass status. If it fails you have a faulty scanner. If wiping the cache partition didn't work not sure what else you can try except factory restore. I did not restore my apps from backup/cloud but installed my apps from fresh from app store. Sometimes apps can cause the problems.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

I've done it, but got the same problem after few hours. Didn't work for me.

Check for hardware fault first by dialling *#0*# test the fingerprint scanner and check you get a pass status. If it fails you have a faulty scanner. If wiping the cache partition didn't work not sure what else you can try except factory restore. I did not restore my apps from backup/cloud but installed my apps from fresh from app store. Sometimes apps can cause the problems.

adriiam

Feb 22, 2012
Any news about this? 2020 and still having this problem. Samsung and no one knows about how to fix this.
My phone just starts rebooting after software update (latest version) and only stop reboot if i remove my fingerprints

Galaxy S9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Update: wiping cache partition worked a treat. Issue has not reoccured. I have fingerprint unlock and gestures both on and working perfectly now. Suggest you guys give this a try as recommended from Samsung. :)