How To Guide Fingerprint: Excellent recognition - that's how I got it working finally

Search This thread

v

Dec 29, 2003
Google Pixel 3a
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I was about to send my Pixel 6 back to Google.

The FPS recognition rate was poor compared to the Pixel 4a (5G).
I had tried multiple scans of the same finger, but it didn't really work.
In particular, the right thumb was rarely recognized to unlock.
When I initially scanned my fingers, the sensor was already having problems recognizing the respective finger.

After almost two weeks of unlocking frustration, I had an idea how it could work better.

Yes, it worked right away. The learning process was done very quickly and the recognition now works flawlessly.
Most notable despite installed armored glass!

So this is how it worked for me:
1. In Settings switch on better touch sensitivity.
2. Clean display (or protective film) in the sensor area
3. In Settings + add fingerprint
4. Briefly wipe the forehead with your finger (in order to picking up a little skin fat and thus making the imprint more visible to the sensor during the learning process.)
5. Follow the instructions on the screen carefully.

Thanks to the skin fat method, teaching was done much faster and with fewer attempts, and unlocking now works - despite the protective glass - super fast and 100% reliable.

I hope it works for you as well as it does for me.

If so, please comment or click Like below this post so we can get an impression that my sensor training today was no coincidence.

Oh yes: I even degreased my fingers with isopropanol. The recognition rate was still without a glitch.

neptun2

Jul 25, 2009
Worked great for me even with very cheap unknown brand glass protector. Thank you.

Reactions: v

king_david43

Jun 6, 2013
West Palm Beach
Google Pixel 6
I use this screen protector fingerprint works great for me. Also it feels a lot like glass in use. Easy installation as well.

Whats funny is I bought a similar one from rhinoshield that was more expensive and this one works way better. Fingerprint performance was bad with the rhinoshield one. This one works perfect every time.

howdy

Jun 4, 2006

When I initially scanned my fingers, the sensor was already having problems recognizing the respective finger.

After almost two weeks of unlocking frustration, I had an idea how it could work better.

Yes, it worked right away. The learning process was done very quickly and the recognition now works flawlessly.

4. Briefly wipe the forehead with your finger (in order to picking up a little skin fat and thus making the imprint more visible to the sensor during the learning process.)

Thanks to the skin fat method, teaching was done much faster and with fewer attempts, and unlocking now works - despite the protective glass - super fast and 100% reliable.

If so, please comment or click Like below this post so we can get an impression that my sensor training today was no coincidence.

Oh yes: I even degreased my fingers with isopropanol. The recognition rate was still without a glitch.
Wow! This really works. Amazing. Google should include these instructions in the box.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Google should ship phones with a small bottle of moisturizer.
    Ha! I've never had an issue -- but then again I use a moisturizer.
    We need to upgrade our fingers to "smart fingers" which automatically adjust to the correct moisture level for Google's FP scanners.
    I surely hope they fix the worst of it through a system update.
    I've got dry hands and the method works for me.
    Think about it:
    How is the device supposed to be recognizing a print properly, if it never had the chance to learn it properly in the first place?