FingerPrint Fix for CN version and For the people having difficulty to calibrate the FP sensor VIA (*#808#)

kemesh

Dec 26, 2011
Kathmandu
Step 1: Use the MSMTool to restore your device to 10.5.4.
Step 2: Root with Magisk Manager ( Try to use this image https://doc-0k-bo-docs.googleuserco...6963965&hash=okighskqqr3fv666mjfvlr07i771asga)
Note: Don't update the magisk manager after using this image. (Use only fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img and reboot)
Step 3: Use Unlock Factory Mode *root* https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-unlock-factory-mode-root.4118527/
Step 4: Enter Factory Mode as shown in the previous guide. (*#808# in the stock dialer)
Step 5: Swipe over to "Device Debugging"
Step 6: Select "Finger print test"
Step 7: Select "Finger print calibration test(Pure White - 90% Blue) (DOesnt matter whether you use your finger or not)
Step 8: Select "Reliability Test"
Step 9:Select Calibration result and check if there are multiple red error lines
Step 10: Download the persist.zip and Extract the file.
Step 11: Move the 'DATA' folder and the 'ENGINEERMODE' folder to the root of your sdcard.
Step 12: Select the 'DATA' and 'ENGINEERMODE' folders you just put on the device and Copy them at /mnt/vendor/persist/
Step 6: Reboot

It should Start Working .

Attachments

Last edited:

FreshlyBaked 420

Nov 10, 2014
Kamloops
Step 1: Use the MSMTool to restore your device to 10.5.4.
Step 2: Root with Magisk Manager ( Try to use this image https://doc-0k-bo-docs.googleuserco...6963965&hash=okighskqqr3fv666mjfvlr07i771asga)
Note: Don't update the magisk manager after using this image.
Step 3: Download the persist.zip and Extract the file.
Step 4: Move the 'DATA' folder and the 'ENGINEERMODE' folder to the root of your sdcard.
Step 5: Select the 'DATA' and 'ENGINEERMODE' folders you just put on the device and Copy them at /mnt/vendor/persist/
Step 6: Reboot

It should Start Working .
You do know that the persist.img is device specific right? Meaning you need your own persist.img to restore it. You cannot use someone else's. That's exactly why there is a whole thread already covering this.

Reactions: dladz

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
You do know that the persist.img is device specific right? Meaning you need your own persist.img to restore it. You cannot use someone else's. That's exactly why there is a whole thread already covering this.

I did think that myself :D

But hey imagine it worked??

kemesh

Dec 26, 2011
Kathmandu

It solved my FP problem .

kemesh

Dec 26, 2011
Kathmandu

Persist.img file is only a system file while is not technically a hardware . So as boot img and other image work for the others then obivously persist.img also should work like a charm as we are only using 2 folders 'DATA' folder and the 'ENGINEERMODE' . I have realized few things for some people this is not working as there are some file missing from their persist.img. Check the image for file comparision .

Attachments

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Persist.img file is only a system file while is not technically a hardware . So as boot img and other image work for the others then obivously persist.img also should work like a charm as we are only using 2 folders 'DATA' folder and the 'ENGINEERMODE' . I have realized few things for some people this is not working as there are some file missing from their persist.img. Check the image for file comparision .
If it works it works.

@bassamanator

Have a brand new guide that may help you buddy. Give it a shot.

Thanks to the OP if it does, it'll be a first I've seen if it does.

@kemesh he's got a borked fingerprint.

Should be a good test.

Reactions: FreshlyBaked 420

bassamanator

Jan 11, 2021
@kemesh @dladz This worked for me. I was able to register a fingerprint. (Side note: before I followed this guide, I did the fingerprint calibration and I kept my finger ON the sensor for the Black rubber test. The test failed as was the case when I followed the other guide, however, this time around I only had 2 red lines vs having pages worth of red lines. Did this play a role in making the fingerprint sensor work?)

In any case, I was hoping that fixing the fingerprint sensor may fix my Wifi and Bluetooth as well (both cannot be turned on). Unfortunately, Wifi and Bluetooth are still not working on my phone, buy hey, progress is progress!

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
@kemesh @dladz This worked for me. I was able to register a fingerprint. (Side note: before I followed this guide, I did the fingerprint calibration and I kept my finger ON the sensor for the Black rubber test. The test failed as was the case when I followed the other guide, however, this time around I only had 2 red lines vs having pages worth of red lines. Did this play a role in making the fingerprint sensor work?)

In any case, I was hoping that fixing the fingerprint sensor may fix my Wifi and Bluetooth as well (both cannot be turned on). Unfortunately, Wifi and Bluetooth are still not working on my phone, buy hey, progress is progress!

BOOOOOOM!!!

@kemesh

You!!

Are!!!

The!!!

Man!!!!!!

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
@bassamanator

AHH I'm gutted for you dude, I still believe that it can be fixed.

Have you backed up your EFS partition? Also now that you have a functional fingerprint reader get it backed up.

Perhaps reach out to OnePlus and see if there's anything that they can offer remotely.

Also my experience with RMA has been amazing from sending to receiving was 4 days.

I am based in the UK so it may vary but I'd imagine OnePlus would want to have a certain standard they'd like to adhere to, at least by reaching out you can get the information.

I'm at a loss in regards to WiFi and Bluetooth now.

It must be lower level but I've never heard of what it may be. Will look into it for you but I've drawn a blank offhand.

kemesh

Dec 26, 2011
Kathmandu

Cheers
Does your wifi and bluetooth work after using the msdownload tool without fixing the finger print?

kemesh

Dec 26, 2011
Kathmandu
@bassamanator

AHH I'm gutted for you dude, I still believe that it can be fixed.

Have you backed up your EFS partition? Also now that you have a functional fingerprint reader get it backed up.

Perhaps reach out to OnePlus and see if there's anything that they can offer remotely.

Also my experience with RMA has been amazing from sending to receiving was 4 days.

I am based in the UK so it may vary but I'd imagine OnePlus would want to have a certain standard they'd like to adhere to, at least by reaching out you can get the information.

I'm at a loss in regards to WiFi and Bluetooth now.

It must be lower level but I've never heard of what it may be. Will look into it for you but I've drawn a blank offhand.
I am using a CN version with international rom and I'm currently residing in Australia so I dont have any support available sadly.

bassamanator

Jan 11, 2021
Cheers
Does your wifi and bluetooth work after using the msdownload tool without fixing the finger print?
Wifi and bluetooth never work unfortunately. I've tried MSM to get me to 10.5.4 and 11.0.2.2, nothing helps. It might be a hardware problem. Taking a short break from all of this, I've done about 20-30 flashes/resets... in the past few days. It's tiring. Thanks for this guide, the other one didn't work for me.

kemesh

Dec 26, 2011
Kathmandu
Wifi and bluetooth never work unfortunately. I've tried MSM to get me to 10.5.4 and 11.0.2.2, nothing helps. It might be a hardware problem. Taking a short break from all of this, I've done about 20-30 flashes/resets... in the past few days. It's tiring. Thanks for this guide, the other one didn't work for me.
Few check if you dont mind :
Does your device show mac id for wifi and bluetooth? ( Settings>About Phone>Status)
If yes
I think you can test the hardware through the same *#808# mode

Reactions: bassamanator

bassamanator

Jan 11, 2021
Few check if you dont mind :
Does your device show mac id for wifi and bluetooth? ( Settings>About Phone>Status)
If yes
I think you can test the hardware through the same *#808# mode
Oh no problem, I'm absolutely open to new ideas. Unfortunately, I have no mac address/address for wifi/bluetooth.

Just because you mentioned it, I decided to go back in with *#808# and on the last page I found a test called Check CTSFingerPrint. At the top it says This check can only be performed after the CTS test is passed. There's a button below that reads CHECK CTSFINGERPRINT. When I click it, it immediately prints the following below the button: fingerprint check failed! it need connect to internet secure property check pass! I'll have another look but I couldnt' find this CTSFINGERPRINT Test, and also, I currently have a fingerprint registered. Anyone have any clues?

Thanks again for this guide! Fixed 1/3 of my problems.