• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

FingerPrint Fix for CN version and For the people having difficulty to calibrate the FP sensor VIA (*#808#)

Search This thread

humzaahmed155

Dec 30, 2011
London
Sup guys, I've tried both guides and performed them both to the tee, unfortunately it hasn't made a difference. My FP scanner hasnt worked since my screen got replaced by OnePlus (SBE UK). Is it fair to say it's impossible and it needs to be sent back?

PlusOmar

Jun 9, 2015
OnePlus 8 Pro
So I restored my phone to 10.5.4 using MSMTOOL, during the installation it asked for a fingerprint but showed the enrollment error. once setup was completed i headed to the settings and fingerprint is not showing at all... the same situation happend after unlocking the bootloader and rooting with magisk.

after going through the steps, i reached the fingerprint test and an error showed: The application cannot reach the android service for the sensor.

Reactions: dladz

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
So I restored my phone to 10.5.4 using MSMTOOL, during the installation it asked for a fingerprint but showed the enrollment error. once setup was completed i headed to the settings and fingerprint is not showing at all... the same situation happend after unlocking the bootloader and rooting with magisk.

after going through the steps, i reached the fingerprint test and an error showed: The application cannot reach the android service for the sensor.

Factory reset and see if it still fails..

So long as you've followed it, it could just need the wipe to get it done.

Reactions: PlusOmar

PlusOmar

Jun 9, 2015
OnePlus 8 Pro
Factory reset and see if it still fails..

So long as you've followed it, it could just need the wipe to get it done.
Stops done:
1. MSMTOOL to 10.5.4.
2. Unlocked bootloader since MSMTool locks it.
3. Rooted with magisk (fastboot boot *.img)
4. flashed boot_a & boot_b

fingerprint does not show and does not work on factory mode (The application cannot reach the android service for the sensor.)

Update:
I wanted to see what would happen if I updated Oxygen to the latest update, turned out it brings back the fingerprint, however it seems that I've lost access to the vendor folder (unable to browse the directory under "/mnt/vendor"

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts