FingerPrint Fix for CN version and For the people having difficulty to calibrate the FP sensor VIA (*#808#)

Search This thread

humzaahmed155

Dec 30, 2011
London
Sup guys, I've tried both guides and performed them both to the tee, unfortunately it hasn't made a difference. My FP scanner hasnt worked since my screen got replaced by OnePlus (SBE UK). Is it fair to say it's impossible and it needs to be sent back?

PlusOmar

Jun 9, 2015
OnePlus 8 Pro
So I restored my phone to 10.5.4 using MSMTOOL, during the installation it asked for a fingerprint but showed the enrollment error. once setup was completed i headed to the settings and fingerprint is not showing at all... the same situation happend after unlocking the bootloader and rooting with magisk.

after going through the steps, i reached the fingerprint test and an error showed: The application cannot reach the android service for the sensor.

Reactions: dladz

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
So I restored my phone to 10.5.4 using MSMTOOL, during the installation it asked for a fingerprint but showed the enrollment error. once setup was completed i headed to the settings and fingerprint is not showing at all... the same situation happend after unlocking the bootloader and rooting with magisk.

after going through the steps, i reached the fingerprint test and an error showed: The application cannot reach the android service for the sensor.

Factory reset and see if it still fails..

So long as you've followed it, it could just need the wipe to get it done.

Reactions: PlusOmar

PlusOmar

Jun 9, 2015
OnePlus 8 Pro
Factory reset and see if it still fails..

So long as you've followed it, it could just need the wipe to get it done.
Stops done:
1. MSMTOOL to 10.5.4.
2. Unlocked bootloader since MSMTool locks it.
3. Rooted with magisk (fastboot boot *.img)
4. flashed boot_a & boot_b

fingerprint does not show and does not work on factory mode (The application cannot reach the android service for the sensor.)

Update:
I wanted to see what would happen if I updated Oxygen to the latest update, turned out it brings back the fingerprint, however it seems that I've lost access to the vendor folder (unable to browse the directory under "/mnt/vendor"

Last edited:

Aleplus

Jul 13, 2020
Is there any way to self-calibrate the fingerprint scanner?
I have a special device for this

gsser

Dec 22, 2012
Eskisehir
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8 Pro
I got a question, is there anything related to DRM or widevine L1 certificate in that persist? From day 0(i mean i had it for a while but after updating oos on a LOCKED BOOTLOADER it died.) i never had level 1. Oneplus customer service keeps telling this will be fixed with mp2 update. Asked what that mp2 means, never got an answer back.

Alfredosp

Oct 28, 2016
Guarulhos-Sao Paulo
Step 1: Use the MSMTool to restore your device to 10.5.4.
Step 2: Root with Magisk Manager ( Try to use this image https://doc-0k-bo-docs.googleuserco...6963965&hash=okighskqqr3fv666mjfvlr07i771asga)
Note: Don't update the magisk manager after using this image. (Use only fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img and reboot)
Step 3: Use Unlock Factory Mode *root* https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-unlock-factory-mode-root.4118527/
Step 4: Enter Factory Mode as shown in the previous guide. (*#808# in the stock dialer)
Step 5: Swipe over to "Device Debugging"
Step 6: Select "Finger print test"
Step 7: Select "Finger print calibration test(Pure White - 90% Blue) (DOesnt matter whether you use your finger or not)
Step 8: Select "Reliability Test"
Step 9:Select Calibration result and check if there are multiple red error lines
Step 10: Download the persist.zip and Extract the file.
Step 11: Move the 'DATA' folder and the 'ENGINEERMODE' folder to the root of your sdcard.
Step 12: Select the 'DATA' and 'ENGINEERMODE' folders you just put on the device and Copy them at /mnt/vendor/persist/
Step 6: Reboot

It should Start Working .
Thank you so much. I delete my own persist and already trying everything. You method works for me. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

Reactions: kemesh

Top Liked Posts