• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fingerprint Lock Lock Icon Appears

Search This thread

mrbigdrawsz

Feb 16, 2008
Canton, Michigan
I have fingerprint lock setup and us regularly. Periodically I'll get this lock icon (shown in the picture) that I have to swipe before I can use my fingerprint to unlock.

No idea how this was setup or what's going on. I've turned swipe on and off, rebooted, wiped cache, but still happening.

Anybody seen this before and if so how did you get rid of it?

89b4077ef5c953cef79567e9296e5481.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dhat Boi Swerve

PDP///M

Nov 8, 2010
When that icon appears your lockscreen is unlocked. Swipe anywhere besides that icon and it will unlock. You have smart lock activated with trusted devices. When you swipe the lock pad it locks the phone 1 time so on the next use is secured. Go to lockscreen and security, secure lock settings, smart lock, to change

hacky486

Mar 18, 2011
Pensacola, FL
When that icon appears your lockscreen is unlocked. Swipe anywhere besides that icon and it will unlock. You have smart lock activated with trusted devices. When you swipe the lock pad it locks the phone 1 time so on the next use is secured. Go to lockscreen and security, secure lock settings, smart lock, to change

I've had the same question from day 1. Thanks!

It's weird, Smart Lock didn't work like that on my Nexus 5. If I was in a trusted place it just went to the homescreen, no need to swipe. That's pretty great to know...

Reactions: PDP///M

mrbigdrawsz

Feb 16, 2008
Canton, Michigan

You sir are a genius and a pimp. THANK YOU, cause I was confused as all hell!!!! :good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

Reactions: PDP///M

Briankbl

Dec 10, 2012

It's weird, Smart Lock didn't work like that on my Nexus 5. If I was in a trusted place it just went to the homescreen, no need to swipe. That's pretty great to know...
Same thing on my OnePlus One, if I'm remembering correctly. The way it works on the Note 5, it's faster to just use fingerprint unlock. Just click and don't even have to move your finger.

Jammol

Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere in Colorado

Yep it's a pretty sweet feature. They did it this way so that if you get pocket wake ups(accidental home button pressing), your device won't fully unlock and be on constantly because of smartscreen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have fingerprint lock setup and us regularly. Periodically I'll get this lock icon (shown in the picture) that I have to swipe before I can use my fingerprint to unlock.

No idea how this was setup or what's going on. I've turned swipe on and off, rebooted, wiped cache, but still happening.

Anybody seen this before and if so how did you get rid of it?

89b4077ef5c953cef79567e9296e5481.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

You sir are a genius and a pimp. THANK YOU, cause I was confused as all hell!!!! :good::good::good::good::good::good::good:
    Glad you got it figured out