Question Fingerprint not registering on custom roms (Poco X4 PRO 5G)

Search This thread

TNTS

Nov 9, 2013
I'm using a Poco X4 Pro 5G and whenever I try to install a custom rom like ArrowOS or PixelExperience, I can't completely register my fingerprint to my device for security. I know it is not the hardware as the fingerprint sensor works on stock MIUI and Xiaomi.EU, both on MIUI 13.0.4.0.

Also to note, I am in Asia and my phone is the Global variant of the Poco X4 Pro 5G.

Reactions: fabycom

bobisthere

Jan 3, 2023
Same here. Works on MIUI but can't register fingerprint in custom ROMs. No idea why. Currently on pixel experience plus.

TNTS

Nov 9, 2013
Thanks Ritik17 for the tip, that definitely worked!

To change SELinux from Enforcing to Permissive, here's what I did:

1. Root device. (By changing Magisk.apk to Magisk.zip then flashing through ADB sideload)
2. Install Terminal application from Play Store.
3. Typed "su" then allowed root access through Magisk.
4. Typed "getenforce" to get the SELinux status (in this case it reported "Enforcing")
5. Typed "setenforce 0" then pressed enter to switch SELinux to Permissive.
6. Typed "exit" to exit out of the root interface.

Afterwards, the fingerprint registration worked!

EDIT: The above steps, while allowing for fingerprint registration, basically makes it so that safetynet checks will always fail. Applying the safetynet fix makes it such that the fingerprints get deleted every after reboot.

EDIT 2: I noticed that while the lockscreen recognizes the fingerprints saved, the phone acts as if there are not biometric sensors enabled. My apps can't detect that I have enrolled fingerprints.

Last edited:

Ritik17

Jun 4, 2015
IDK
EDIT: The above steps, while allowing for fingerprint registration, basically makes it so that safetynet checks will always fail. Applying the safetynet fix makes it such that the fingerprints get deleted every after reboot.
Try using Zygisk, Denylist and Magiskhide to pass the safetynet, you have to add Google Play services and Play protect (Enable "Show system apps" from 3 dot menu at the top right corner).
You can also use Cygisk, it's a Magisk alternative with some features built-in that were removed from Magisk.

The work is being done, eventually the problem will be resolved completely. If you want to help out then provide logs after using your fingerprint sensor to unlock the device. Reboot the device before recording logs so it's clean.

Ritik17

Jun 4, 2015
IDK
PE Telegram channel posted this image

IMG_20230223_202036_899.jpg

alex9yust

Aug 7, 2011
PE Telegram channel posted this image
PE is the only one who added a /data/vendor_de/ rule to selinux. maybe they got it working in the update.

Fitatomalo

Mar 9, 2023
Try using Zygisk, Denylist and Magiskhide to pass the safetynet, you have to add Google Play services and Play protect (Enable "Show system apps" from 3 dot menu at the top right corner).
You can also use Cygisk, it's a Magisk alternative with some features built-in that were removed from Magisk.

The work is being done, eventually the problem will be resolved completely. If you want to help out then provide logs after using your fingerprint sensor to unlock the device. Reboot the device before recording logs so it's clean.

Hi, I have the same problem. Install PixelOS and it doesn't allow me to use the fingerprint, it happens to me with any custom rom. I have used this method but Google Pay stops working.

I don't know what else I can do.

Thank you all

• Angry
Reactions: fabycom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Apparently, if you switch your SELinux to permissive it fixes the problem, that's what I've seen for other users. Try using a magisk module to switch your SELinux mode.
    I'm using a Poco X4 Pro 5G and whenever I try to install a custom rom like ArrowOS or PixelExperience, I can't completely register my fingerprint to my device for security. I know it is not the hardware as the fingerprint sensor works on stock MIUI and Xiaomi.EU, both on MIUI 13.0.4.0.

Also to note, I am in Asia and my phone is the Global variant of the Poco X4 Pro 5G.
    Apparently, if you switch your SELinux to permissive it fixes the problem, that's what I've seen for other users. Try using a magisk module to switch your SELinux mode.
    Thanks so much. It finally works!