Question Fingerprint problem

Search This thread
Regards to all. I have a problem with the fingerprint sensor, it stopped working and I don't have any settings at all. Did anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?
Screenshot_2021-09-16-15-02-26-054_com.android.settings.jpg

Szkudnik7

Sep 27, 2021
I have the same problem, in my case the button stops working, I have to send back the phone for service to fix of this button

Stickola

Sep 11, 2021
Regards to all. I have a problem with the fingerprint sensor, it stopped working and I don't have any settings at all. Did anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?
View attachment 5419665
I do think is a software issuse, i heard a bunch of people are having thia problem where it " suddenly" stopped working. And since the fingerpint option is missing in the settings, it's definitely sofrware isssue.

Yes,they told me that they had ordered a new part and that I had to wait and after 15-20 days they said they couldn't fix it and get a new phone. I didn't want Xiaomi this time so I replaced it with a Samsung a52s which is even cheaper in my country.I'm really disappointed in Xiaomi quality control and I don’t want to pay 400 euros for a phone that incorporates second-class components.Sorry on my bad english,I hope you understand me:)

danielestella

Oct 27, 2021
Yes,they told me that they had ordered a new part and that I had to wait and after 15-20 days they said they couldn't fix it and get a new phone. I didn't want Xiaomi this time so I replaced it with a Samsung a52s which is even cheaper in my country.I'm really disappointed in Xiaomi quality control and I don’t want to pay 400 euros for a phone that incorporates second-class components.Sorry on my bad english,I hope you understand me:)
I really hope it's a software issue... because this morning I cleaned ui system data and loauncher data and it went back to work for some minutes, then it stopped again... I have no clue,, i'll try to downgrade my MIUI and see if i can fix the problem.. i bought this phone in another country so i have no way to take it back or change it, i have EU warranty so it should work in my country too... thank you so much ♥

Reactions: Gaga Kanasta

danielestella

Oct 27, 2021
Little Update: i changed 3 or 4 times MIUI version with older versions (12.5.1 EU and GLOBAL, 12.5.3 EU and GLOBAL), and fingerprint issue was not fixed, so is definitly an hardware problem and changing MIUI is just losing time. I took the phone to the customer care and they are sending it to Milan (i'm in italy) to fix it, and they told me that it will take 12-14 days.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope it can help someone!

Reactions: jazzh and akins0405
It's weird, I don't own this brand anymore but I still visit forums related to it and it's mostly about problems :) My first Xiaomi phone was a Redmi note 5 pro and after that A2. They were cheap and worked well. Instead of Xiaomi correct mistakes and improve quality, they increase prices, and the "quality" of components remains the same (or worse), and the software may be better but still lags behind the competition. I don't know what else to write, I am very disappointed ...

Reactions: jazzh and Stickola

Xelycs

Mar 16, 2014
Hello,

I see i'm not the only one with this issue...
I thought that it was an issue with Miui (again...), but sadly no ....

I think i will send it to repair center, and i will sell it for something else like A52s. No more Xiaomi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Goodness Xiaomi... How could you release updates breaking your own phones.
    Little Update: i changed 3 or 4 times MIUI version with older versions (12.5.1 EU and GLOBAL, 12.5.3 EU and GLOBAL), and fingerprint issue was not fixed, so is definitly an hardware problem and changing MIUI is just losing time. I took the phone to the customer care and they are sending it to Milan (i'm in italy) to fix it, and they told me that it will take 12-14 days.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope it can help someone!
    It's weird, I don't own this brand anymore but I still visit forums related to it and it's mostly about problems :) My first Xiaomi phone was a Redmi note 5 pro and after that A2. They were cheap and worked well. Instead of Xiaomi correct mistakes and improve quality, they increase prices, and the "quality" of components remains the same (or worse), and the software may be better but still lags behind the competition. I don't know what else to write, I am very disappointed ...
    I really hope it's a software issue... because this morning I cleaned ui system data and loauncher data and it went back to work for some minutes, then it stopped again... I have no clue,, i'll try to downgrade my MIUI and see if i can fix the problem.. i bought this phone in another country so i have no way to take it back or change it, i have EU warranty so it should work in my country too... thank you so much ♥