Fingerprint Reader not usable after Bootloader Unlock

Search This thread

westenlive

Feb 2, 2010
A solution has to be found. This phone is the top at an absurd price.
I hope that a solution from the company will arrive soon.

Happy New Year

striderdon37

Dec 27, 2019
I went 13, then unlocked BL, then bricked my phone installing gapps and accidentally formatting data i lost all my backups. I then flashed a11 ota ozip. After that it wont let me go back to 13 anymore. Or update at all. But after flashing 11 i didnt lose the FP

P1f

Sep 20, 2010
Bucuresti
I went 13, then unlocked BL, then bricked my phone installing gapps and accidentally formatting data i lost all my backups. I then flashed a11 ota ozip. After that it wont let me go back to 13 anymore. Or update at all. But after flashing 11 i didnt lose the FP

Are you on latest TWRP 3.3.1.11 from mauronofrio?
It was suppose to have ozip flashing fixed so maybe it works to go from 11 to 13?

I have the EU rom so i didn't tried myself

Polarfuchs

Apr 20, 2008
Security
● Android security patch: December, 2019

Launcher
Added click the blank area to back to the launcher on recent task interface

Notification Center and Status Bar
● Added fast switch toggles of dark mode in notification center

Settings
● Added flash on call feature

Camera
● Added HDR feature of video mode

Known issue fixed
● Fixed partial issues to improve stability

Reactions: almmpt

maverickluke

May 21, 2016
Nuernberg
After Update the fingerprint reader still not work.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

I spoke to a senior developer at XDA FOR THe FINGERPRINT ISSUE AFTER BOOTLOADER UNLOCK ......HELP IS ON ITS WAY !!!!!

ENJOY GUYS !!!!!!!!!

Any update from the senior developer?
The IN/EU A08 Update doesn't fix the fingerprint reader.

Hellsblade

Apr 10, 2006
Amsterdam
In the post about unlocking guide it is stated that FP keeps working with A.08.
In another post about CN A.013 update someone states you have to relock the bootloader before updating and then patch.
I think I will wait a little before trying. Still too much confusion...

Reactions: westenlive

maverickluke

May 21, 2016
Nuernberg
In another post about CN A.013 update someone states you have to relock the bootloader before updating and then patch.

You are right. The post is from jerry08.
I think he knows it better when me. ;)
I aked him, how he gets the FP working with A08.

darknessdsc

Oct 17, 2013
POCO M3

After trying to unlock with A.08, now it can use FP. As long as you relock & lock the bootloader as @Jerry08 says in his thread, it should work.

Reactions: P1f

westenlive

Feb 2, 2010
Then this problem has been resolved because I am in the process of purchasing this phone.
I await your information.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So this thread is intended to discuss the issue of the fingerprint reader being deactivated by Realme after unlocking the bootloader. As well as possible solutions, and ways of requesting a fix from Realme.

Realme is a company that belongs to the same group as Oneplus and Oppo, namely BBK Electronics. Since it is possible to use the Fingerprint Reader on the Onplus devices after bootloader unlocking and the Oneplus 7T being quite similar in hardware to the Realme X2 Pro, it would only make sense that it should be possible to use the sensor on the X2 pro as well after unlocking.
    So this seems to be more a political decision rather than a hardware limitation. :good:

Ways for you to request a fix for the issue are ideally via the Realme Forum, that is the Indian Forum (as they speak English, that more easy for most of us, than using the Chinese forum. And the Indian version being basically the same as the European version as well).
    You can comment in this thread:
    https://c.realme.com/in/post-details/1201215999353815040?comment=1201237884766519296
    As well in this one:
    https://c.realme.com/in/post-details/1199644629624946688

Additionally, you can contact Realme Europe via twitter here:
    https://twitter.com/realmeeurope
    As I already did, as you can see here:
    https://twitter.com/realmeeurope/status/1201485228428210181

So let's make this Realme great again :D
    In the latest episode of #AskMadhav for the month, the company’s CEO, Madhav Sheth has answered some questions
    The company already said that bootloader unlocking will disable fingerprint scanner, but this will be fixed in the upcoming update said the CEO. It will also release a separate flash tool in Q1 2020.
    Lets wait now.
    Right now only with the Chinese phone and version A13
    Realme X2 and X2 Pro receive updates with December 2019 security patches, fix for fingerprint scanner on bootloader unlock.