Question FingerPrint Reader Woes w/Whitestone Dome Glass

Search This thread

mrlad

Apr 5, 2011
Sunday night updated to the Jan security update on the Pixel 6. Prior to that, the finger print reader was working (but barely). I got distracted and forgot to check how the fingerprint recognition was working. The next day, forgot completely about the update and installed the Whitestone dome protector (which went mostly good but I've got three small bubbles, but that's another story).

After installing the dome, they recommend retraining the reader. However, even after training with multiple fingers, the reader, very, very rarely works probably less than 1% of the time if even that. Any ideas what I could try to improve the accuracy? The January update seems to have improved accuracy for most people. I just wish I had tested out the January update more thoroughly before adding the screen protector.

Seosam

I bought the Dome glass,too. After replace it with the old glass protection the fingerprint was worse than before.
I trained the new, but not better.
What helped for me was to train the FPS again with more pressure of the finger on the FPS. Now it's working almost like the old protection.

mrlad

Apr 5, 2011
I bought the Dome glass,too. After replace it with the old glass protection the fingerprint was worse than before.
What helped for me was to train the FPS again with more pressure of the finger on the FPS. Now it's working almost like the old protection.
Do you have to apply more pressure when logging in also or just for the training?

Reactions: Seosam

starbiker99

Dec 30, 2009
Parker
Google Pixel 6
I just installed the Whitestone Dome yesterday. My fingerprint seemed to work the same but I went ahead and did a retrain. I think it is still close to without it (WD) except for 1 finger. I had an issue with that same finger on my old OP6T. Good Luck.

IdroogI

Mar 23, 2020
I also installed yesterday Whitestone Dome, the fingerprint reader works just like before almost every time. I never had any problems with the FPR, it only failed when I lifted the thumb to early. I did not retrain my thumb, increased Touch sensivity is still disabled. I don't know if it matters, but 4 finger profiles are my thumb.

mrlad

Apr 5, 2011
I also installed yesterday Whitestone Dome, the fingerprint reader works just like before almost every time. I never had any problems with the FPR, it only failed when I lifted the thumb to early. I did not retrain my thumb, increased Touch sensivity is still disabled. I don't know if it matters, but 4 finger profiles are my thumb.
I tried doing 4 finger profiles of the thumb but that didn't help either.

mrlad

Apr 5, 2011
Does anyone one know if training indoors, does lighting impact the accuracy of recognition?

vandyman

Jul 30, 2012
S.Jersey
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
I did a quick search and found these other threads on the P6 finger print issue.
There are few more if anyone wants to do a little research.

chaimav

Aug 27, 2013
The best tip for getting it work I have seen is to use hand lotion. It really struggles with dry skin

Reactions: mrlad

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you have to apply more pressure when logging in also or just for the training?
    The best tip for getting it work I have seen is to use hand lotion. It really struggles with dry skin