Fingerprint reader word of advice.

Search This thread

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
If youre struggling with the in-display fingerprint reader then read this. I was having a terrible time with mine, reprogramming it over and over trying to get it to work consistently. Well i finally figured out what it is.

You need to very lightly rest your finger on the reader and it will work every time. Dont press hard at all or it wont read your finger correctly.

:good:

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
Even while using the light touch approach, it still wouldn't unlock just now when i woke up. Seems it need a software update or something.

Merken_

Aug 26, 2010
I've got a screen protector and to me it seems the opposite. When resting your finger gently, the sensor does not recognize the print, but pressing down does work 9/10 times for me.
Not sure what's going on here...

JayWheelz

Dec 13, 2009
PA
I've doubled up on the finger prints and it works slightly faster

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

inzimam

Mar 29, 2008
I'm not really having any issues. It's not 100% accurate but is actually better than my Galaxy s9 one was

sonspot

Nov 1, 2010
I'm not really having any issues. It's not 100% accurate but is actually better than my Galaxy s9 one was

That is 100% wrong, I have the s9 plus my GF have the s9, never had a issue with either phones, the Lg is on a daily basis. I doubled up on the scan but same thing, the LG G8X finger print sensor is crap among other things.

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
That is 100% wrong, I have the s9 plus my GF have the s9, never had a issue with either phones, the Lg is on a daily basis. I doubled up on the scan but same thing, the LG G8X finger print sensor is crap among other things.

It works perfectly if you do exactly what's stated in the OP.

sonspot

Nov 1, 2010
It works perfectly if you do exactly what's stated in the OP.

You're joking right, this is my 6th phone with a finger print sensor, first with a sensor in the screen but that does not change anything. The Lg finger print sensor sucks, I'm not sure what you're trying to defend, it is what it is and yes I tried what the OP the first day I got the phone, including adding the same finger 4 times but it was no better than 3x, compared to the S9's the LG G8X sensor is trash.

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
You're joking right, this is my 6th phone with a finger print sensor, first with a sensor in the screen but that does not change anything. The Lg finger print sensor sucks, I'm not sure what you're trying to defend, it is what it is and yes I tried what the OP the first day I got the phone, including adding the same finger 4 times but it was no better than 3x, compared to the S9's the LG G8X sensor is trash.

Sorry you're doing it wrong.

Reactions: azuosd

sbrownla

Jun 1, 2007
Northern Arizona
Gonna have to agree that the fingerprint sensor on this works better than my Note 10+. It isn't quite Note 9 accurate but after factory reset and sensor test, it works extremely well for me.

swazey

Feb 11, 2011
Bean Town
Try this:
Program the same finger more than once..

Mine works instantly 100% of the time even at 1% battery typing this now. It doesn't matter what angle or position. Program each finger the way you hold/want to unlock the phone.

And turn up the screen sensitivity esp if using a screen protector.

I came from a v30+ and thought i'd miss the button on the back. Just takes some getting used to.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My thumb works 10% of the time...my index 90%

Miss my HTC U11's home button fingerprint reader...

Sorry you're doing it wrong.