• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fingerprint responsiveness, lock screen wallpaper

Search This thread

aftnoon2

I waited a moment before posting this thread, but now I am really annoyed with this problem.
In the lock screen, often it takes a few times to unlock device with my fingerprint. Let me say that I have already 2 phones with fingerprint unlock : a OnePlus 5t and a Xiaomi Mi Max 3.
On both of them, no problem with any of the 5 fingers registered.
On the Poco and its "cool" on screen fingerprint, it's a pain to get unlocked quickly. Most of the time, I need to smash my finger over one second or two to unlock. If it get unlocked!
Miui 12 didn't improve nothing: same problem.
It's a fault of a bad software? The decision to use software instead of the old hardware fingerprint sensor seems to be not so good. It is my first phone which use the screen sensor to unlock, maybe other phones make it better.
Another problem: why I can't set up a wallpaper on the lock screen other than those offered by Miui - Xiaomi? It's impossible to set up one of my own photos - wallpapers on the lock screen.

AsimRauf_44

Apr 21, 2016
Islamabad
I waited a moment before posting this thread, but now I am really annoyed with this problem.
In the lock screen, often it takes a few times to unlock device with my fingerprint. Let me say that I have already 2 phones with fingerprint unlock : a OnePlus 5t and a Xiaomi Mi Max 3.
On the Poco and its "cool" on screen fingerprint, it's a pain to get unlocked quickly. Most of the time, I need to smash my finger over one second or two to unlock. If it get unlocked!
It's a fault of a bad software? The decision to use software instead of the old hardware fingerprint sensor seems to be not so good. It is my first phone which use the screen sensor to unlock, maybe other phones make it better.
Another problem: why I can't set up a wallpaper on the lock screen other than those offered by Miui - Xiaomi? It's impossible to set up one of my own photos - wallpapers on the lock screen.
You can set any photo, go the gallery, select a photo, click on three dots, select the wallpaper option and set it.
I hope this helps.

Reactions: aftnoon2

aftnoon2

Yeah, using stock Gallery it works, thanks!
But, if I use instead Simple Gallery (my favourite), it does not work.
With Nova lchr, it doesn't work indeed. I'm talking only about lock screen wallpaper.
On the fingerprint front, it seems that the new update 12.0.3 doesn't change the things too much for me. Almost same unresponsiveness for me.

aftnoon2

Honestly I don't face any real difference compared to my gf's Galaxy S9 with rear fingerprint scanner.
Did you try to delete them and let the phone learn them again?
Yes, I've registered again the fingerprints.
I don't think about a hardware failure, as I suppose the hardware is the screen itself, and it seems to work well.
Mostly it is the response delay. The OnePlus is almost instantaneous, far far away from the Poco.

Last edited:

DDz_1888

Dec 26, 2015
I can definitely say fingerprint sensor on k30 pro/poco f2 pro sucks.
until the latest stable, 12.0.8.0, there is no noticeable improvement.

I am using a glass screen protector as we all should do.

Reactions: aftnoon2

kersh

Oct 28, 2007
are you using some kind of thick glass protector?

Most of them on the market are 0.33mm thick, and fingerprint sensors are only rated for 0.15mm, so if you put one of those will work, but not flawless and slow

frank808

Jun 22, 2016
Yes, I use a screen protector, I understand that this can lead to delays.

I have now deleted my current fingerprint again and created it again. This time I put a lot of pressure on the display and lo and behold, unlocking is now possible without delay.

aftnoon2

I have the same problem with my fingerprint to unlock the device. I even have a big problem adding the fingerprint to the device.

are you using some kind of thick glass protector?

Most of them on the market are 0.33mm thick, and fingerprint sensors are only rated for 0.15mm, so if you put one of those will work, but not flawless and slow
In the beginning, my F2 came with original sc protector, I had registered the first fingerprints with it.
Then, I registered new ones without it. That's when I decided to write here some days after.
I don't know if it sucks or not this device detection, because it is my first one with on screen hype.
But I'm sure that it is far slower than my "old" OnePlus and my middle - low specs (on processor) Mi Max 3.
And I have same problem than someone adding the fingerprints, same need for big pressure to register the right way.

Last edited:

Wahoux

Jun 22, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 11
Curious, i just received my F2 Pro a few hours ago, and the fingerprint scanner works really fine, takes about half a second to unlock, just very slightly slower than my OnePlus 7 Pro (but by 0.2 sec i would say)

kcirtap03

Jan 27, 2015
my fingerprint sensor is not working for some reason. Did factory reset, format data from recovery, flashed back to stock rom and re-lock (from stock global poco F2 ver. to latest xiaomi.eu stable back to stock) still not working. kindly see the attached file :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-19-17-57-43-402_com.miui.cit.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-08-19-17-57-43-402_com.miui.cit.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_2020-08-19-17-58-03-477_com.goodix.fingerprint.setting.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-08-19-17-58-03-477_com.goodix.fingerprint.setting.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 116

aftnoon2

my fingerprint sensor is not working for some reason. Did factory reset, format data from recovery, flashed back to stock rom and re-lock (from stock global poco F2 ver. to latest xiaomi.eu stable back to stock) still not working. kindly see the attached file :(
Where do you get this test?
I must add, to my others posts, that I had activated the "Show Taps" option in the Developer settings. Once I deactivated it again, things were working better with the fingerprint recognition, both on registration and unlocking.

kcirtap03

Jan 27, 2015
I must add, to my others posts, that I had activated the "Show Taps" option in the Developer settings. Once I deactivated it again, things were working better with the fingerprint recognition, both on registration and unlocking.

just tap the kernel version to enter CIT menu.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-19-19-56-21-234_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-08-19-19-56-21-234_com.android.settings.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 114

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

just tap the kernel version to enter CIT menu.
    You can set any photo, go the gallery, select a photo, click on three dots, select the wallpaper option and set it.
    I hope this helps.

I have the same problem with my fingerprint to unlock the device. I even have a big problem adding the fingerprint to the device.