Fingerprint scanner works poorly?

Search This thread

brossovitch

Dec 30, 2014
Androidville
mega.nz
OnePlus 6
I'm thinking you just need to scan in more orientation?

For example, LG asked you to scan one side of your fingertip, then the other, then another, etcm OnePlus it doesn't seem to matter where you scan the graphic always fills in the same way.
I don't know. This tiny half sized fingerprint scanner is getting on my nerves. Otherwise the phone is nearly perfect. Except for Fingerprint & YouTube defaulting to 480p on every video.

Sent from my LG-H932 using XDA Labs

Reactions: Dimitrimem

dgunn

Apr 23, 2011
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 11
I had the same issue on my OnePlus 3 and it is a very simple fix. Go back into where you register a fingerprint and register your fingerprint one or two more times and the problem will be solved.

manus31

May 7, 2016
Press on the sensor from all angles trying to cover each possible part of to your fingerprint even the tips when registering

kakkooran

Mar 26, 2014
Cochin
Anyone else have to continuously rescan their fingers every day just to get working fingerprint scanner?

It's getting ridiculous.

I have each of my index fingers scanned 3 times ince the last update!
Yes.sometimes my mobile doesn't recognize my funger.i have to press 2 or 3 times to open the mobile.very irritating

Donnie Sins

Mar 30, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22
Anyone else have to continuously rescan their fingers every day just to get working fingerprint scanner?

It's getting ridiculous.

I face this same issue as well. Re-added both fingers multiple times to cover more of the 'print', but it still doesn't always recognize them. Although it seems to work a little better when you press less hard on the scanner when you try to unlock the phone.

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
The error is because it already has that part of the fingerprint stored in the original fingerprint record. The reason you got it to ignore your 2nd attempt to register the same print is because it's picking up the part of that fingerprint that wasn't recorded on the first attempt. By doing this you are certain there isn't a spot that registers a print that got missed making your scanner much much more consistent.

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
I just switched from Pixel XL to OP 6. The fingerprint sensor is a lot faster but slightly less accurate than on the Pixel - sometimes you don't register a fingerprint if you position a finger way off.
Having said that, I have used the phone for about 1 day now, and I have learned the fingerprint sensor position. Now it works perfectly for me 100% of the time (using with an original OP silicone case.)
If you are having problems, your hardware may be defective. Replace the phone.

abdulhamid1978

Nov 10, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S5
OnePlus 6
The trick is to scan different parts of the same finger.

On fingerprint 1, I scanned the top part of my index finger.

On fingerprint 2, I scanned towards the bottom section.

Ignore the messages that come up when scanning fingerprint 2 and just persist with registering.

Reactions: texasaggie1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's getting ridiculous.

I'm thinking you just need to scan in more orientation?

For example, LG asked you to scan one side of your fingertip, then the other, then another, etcm OnePlus it doesn't seem to matter where you scan the graphic always fills in the same way.
    I don't know. This tiny half sized fingerprint scanner is getting on my nerves. Otherwise the phone is nearly perfect. Except for Fingerprint & YouTube defaulting to 480p on every video.

Sent from my LG-H932 using XDA Labs
    Doesn't allow duplicate registration on 6

I registered the same finger twice by ignoring the messages that pop up. The accuracy now is close to flawless.
    The trick is to scan different parts of the same finger.

On fingerprint 1, I scanned the top part of my index finger.

On fingerprint 2, I scanned towards the bottom section.

Ignore the messages that come up when scanning fingerprint 2 and just persist with registering.