Question Fingerprint + Screen protector

Search This thread

VoidedKN0X

I know that i'm many out of thousands but i can't find anything related to my problem, so i got a pixel 6 and i just got a screenprotector from tauri, fingerprint worked fine before untill i placed the screen protector. i just enrolled my fingerprints again and that worked just fine untill i wanted to use my fingerprint. so short story i can enroll just fine but when it's enrolled i can't actually use it

mmarcz

Nov 22, 2006
I bought a simple clear rigid plastic from amazon that came with tempered glass, and the fingerprint works fine. Its not perfect, but it works.

steveroysston

Mar 30, 2021
I know that i'm many out of thousands but i can't find anything related to my problem, so i got a pixel 6 and i just got a screenprotector from tauri, fingerprint worked fine before untill i placed the screen protector. i just enrolled my fingerprints again and that worked just fine untill i wanted to use my fingerprint. so short story i can enroll just fine but when it's enrolled i can't actually use it
I'm using a film screen protector from Gadgetshieldz so I don't have any fingerprint sensor issue or any touch issues.

Reactions: clairelara

optimusodd

Mar 15, 2011
Google has acknowledged this issue and AFAIK Google was planning to push an update to improve the Pixel 6 fingerprint reader.

Make sure your device has got the latest updates ,if it's updated but still having the issue, hopefully future upadates will fix it.

Meanwhile Goggle has offered some workaround to get it working which includes pressing on it firmly until it unlocks.Hope this helps!

harryw66

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6
If your primary concern is scratch protection and rely on your case for drop protection, then you should consider TPU screen protectors.
I have had issues with multiple glass screen protectors(I did have some success - but after the Dec update, even these stopped working well), but the 1st TPU one I tried has been working well for the past few days. The one I got were UniqueME TPU ones from Amazon UK.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can not get the finger print reader to work with my cats paw print.
    Now he can not play the chase the mouse game.

I read the 10+ other threads on the finger print reader and did not find an answer.

Please help my cat is getting bored.
    I can not get the finger print reader to work with my cats paw print.
    Now he can not play the chase the mouse game.

I read the 10+ other threads on the finger print reader and did not find an answer.

Please help my cat is getting bored.
    Weird, because my dog has no problems with the paw print reader 🙃
    Weird, because my dog has no problems with the paw print reader 🙃
    That's nothing, my goldfish can unlock mine with his/her eyeball pressed up against the bowl!
    I'm using a film screen protector from Gadgetshieldz so I don't have any fingerprint sensor issue or any touch issues.