• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Fingerprint sensor, pin every 3 days

Search This thread

kriticar

Jun 24, 2012
I am using fingerprint sensor for unlocking P10 phone, but every three days I have to unlock the phone with pin.
Can I somehow extend this period of three days or do not use pin security at all?

kriticar

Jun 24, 2012
It works until the third day. After I unlock the phone the third day, everything is OK for next three days. There must be an option to regulate this feature.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

kevinspencer

Apr 27, 2008
I got the same problem, it shocked me the first time I saw it but after a while I already get used to it. As long as I never rebooted my phone for 3 days, it will start asking for PIN but only once which I think I can still accept this.

olaf2k4

Oct 20, 2011
Cluj
I have a long pin , I already find it annoying to have to enter it after a restart. But now every 3 days is just f retarded.... Instead of extra security now I'm thinking of removing it or shortening it.... Desired effect huh....

Krystus

Jul 31, 2018
What a f. stupid feature. ...Especially that it appears suddenly, without warning. ...for example when you're in hurry and need to quickly unlock your phone. ...and then you realize that you have ~20 letters password, and only one hand available... FUU.....^%$#$#!!!11oneone

Psyanyde.UK

Sep 20, 2018
I ended up disabling fingerprint lock and every other lock all together because this was so annoying, well done Huawei now in order to be convenient my phone is LESS secure, PLEASE reverse this in the next update or my next phone will be by a different manufacturer, the fingerprint lock was and IS good enough on its own without this annoyance.

Psyanyde.UK

Sep 20, 2018
I'm not sure how this is so annoying for people really. Change it to a 4 digit pin if you have a stupidly long password. It is just an additional layer of security.

Because it is, just because is isn't for you doesn't mean we should all accept that it must be fine then, because YOU think it's ok, it's not ok for some of us and we should at least have the option to disable it and not have it forced upon us.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its a built in feature so that user don't forget the password.
    I'm not sure how this is so annoying for people really. Change it to a 4 digit pin if you have a stupidly long password. It is just an additional layer of security.
    Saving 3 seconds of your life on every three days is saving your life [emoji41]

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk