Question Fingerprint wont work with tempered glass protector

Search This thread

bouyhy01

May 4, 2016
bourges
ASUS ROG Phone 5
Hello guys , this is very annoying this creepy fingerprint on the pixel 6 wont work after applying a tempered glass screen protector , i di the registration after applying it register very well but wont unlock i regustred 5 fingers but it wont work , i have in the past devices with in display fingerprint but never faced this issue with any glass , this device sucks

mang0

Jan 12, 2012
San Diego
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6
Hello guys , this is very annoying this creepy fingerprint on the pixel 6 wont work after applying a tempered glass screen protector , i di the registration after applying it register very well but wont unlock i regustred 5 fingers but it wont work , i have in the past devices with in display fingerprint but never faced this issue with any glass , this device sucks
Did you turn on increased touch sensitivity in display settings as well? Heard that can help. Seems there are also some glass protectors that don't work as well as others too.

coremark

There's already a thread about this here https://xdaforums.com/t/terrible-finger-print-sensitivity-with-screen-protector.4352483/

mrakifa

Mar 26, 2011
Google Pixel 6a
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I use supershieldz works just fine

harryw66

Oct 2, 2010
Huawei MatePad Pro
Google Pixel 7
might be a silly question, but did you register your prints before applying the SP?
That is what I did and the cheapo Glass SP I applied afterwards is working fine. I even tried laying a second SP on top - just to check and it still works - but only 50% of the time (in the brief testing I did).
I have not upped the sensitivity option mentioned above.

OuHiroshi

Mar 30, 2013
might be a silly question, but did you register your prints before applying the SP?
That is what I did and the cheapo Glass SP I applied afterwards is working fine. I even tried laying a second SP on top - just to check and it still works - but only 50% of the time (in the brief testing I did).
I have not upped the sensitivity option mentioned above.
Which brand of screen protector do you have?

Riff76

Feb 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Google Pixel 6
Tempered glass didn't work for me but it came with a protector for the camera so not a total loss. This film protector is working great, I can confirm the fps works 90 to 95% of the time and 2nd time is always a charm

ArmorSuit [2 Pack] MilitaryShield Screen Protector Designed for Google Pixel 6 (2021) Case Friendly Anti-Bubble HD Clear Film https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09C1JWHY...abc_JFQYK3RDR62GJPGZKGAV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

docfreed

Jun 6, 2009
Tempered glass didn't work for me but it came with a protector for the camera so not a total loss. This film protector is working great, I can confirm the fps works 90 to 95% of the time and 2Yeahnd time is always a charm

ArmorSuit [2 Pack] MilitaryShield Screen Protector Designed for Google Pixel 6 (2021) Case Friendly Anti-Bubble HD Clear Film https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09C1JWHY...abc_JFQYK3RDR62GJPGZKGAV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Yeah, I used this and it works well. See my post w/picture in the other FP thread "Hey Google, Fix the Fingerprint..."

And maybe the mods can combine the finger print threads

harryw66

Oct 2, 2010
Huawei MatePad Pro
Google Pixel 7
Just to update that I got my WFTE Screen protectors earlier today.

Seems to be working fine, I replaced the AmFilm one with the WFTE and the FP now worked 18 out of the 20 attempts I tried so far - even if position the thumb in different ways e.g. lower part / upper part - this is probably as good as the 'Pkila Compatible with Oneplus Nord Tempered Glass Screen Protector' that I was originally using as a temporary measure.

One thing though - I think the WFTE is a bit on the thinner side? I say this because the 1st WFTE I tried developed a small crack along the edge when I was smoothing out the bubbles. I have been using SPs for years now and this has never happened to me before??
The 2nd one went on fine.

harryw66

Oct 2, 2010
Huawei MatePad Pro
Google Pixel 7
After the WFTE one cracked during install and the poor customer service response from WFTE, I wanted to try and find a different brand and there were some positive reviews for the AOKUMA one Amazon UK.
I replaced the WFTE with the AOKUMA yesterday afternoon and it is working fine for me - as good as the WFTE in terms of the fingerprint being accepted.