• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fingerprints issue

Search This thread

AndreaM83

Nov 15, 2014
Hi to all, I'm a new owner of moto g5s plus . I have a problem with the fps, recognize the fingerprint I recorded and when I try to pass another finger on the sensor I get the error message, but at the same time allows me to unlock the device. A sequence is set as backup to the fingerprint unlock.

jdesignz

Dec 14, 2017
I use to different fingers as well and I don't have unlocking issues. Just retry again until you knocked it off. GL

Sent from my Moto G⁵ˢ Plus (XT1805)

AndreaM83

Nov 15, 2014
Already tried several times. If you use the registered fingerprint unlocks my phone then not enter the visual sequence, instead if I use another finger, the visual sequence appears to me. I thought that with the wrong fingerprint the sequence did not appear and the phone remained completely blocked until the registered fingerprint was recognized

EDIT: In Safe Mode it works and after that it works in Normal Mode too!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

AndreaM83

Nov 15, 2014
Already tried several times. If you use the registered fingerprint unlocks my phone then not enter the visual sequence, instead if I use another finger, the visual sequence appears to me. I thought that with the wrong fingerprint the sequence did not appear and the phone remained completely blocked until the registered fingerprint was recognized

EDIT: In Safe Mode it works and after that it works in Normal Mode too!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I's not solved...after a while gives back to me the same problem.

AndreaM83

Nov 15, 2014
Hey guys, what I have to do? Motorola suggested me to bring the device to a collection center and then proceed with the repair...I have a feeling that it's just a software problem and they hand me back the phone as before.

jdesignz

Dec 14, 2017
Try doing hard reset make sure you have backup first. Then try registering your fingerprint again. If it doesn't work, bring it to service center

AndreaM83

Nov 15, 2014
Hi jdesignz, I have seen that you have the same model. At the support said me that is normal this beahvior. I I was convinced that instead the screen should not even turn on if I tried to unlock with another fingerprint, as happens on other models...To you the same thing happens?

jdesignz

Dec 14, 2017
I assigned and use two different finger on the fingerprint to unlock my device. Both works fine. Never had issues yet since day one.

iobling

Oct 6, 2013
No problems here too.
I've registered two fingerprints and if I touch it with one of those two it unlocks (almost all of the time).
If you use an unknown fingerprint, after some tries it shows the backup unlock method.
Also after some days it requires to unlock using the backup method for some (unknown) safety reason