[FINISHED] Camera LED Flash w/incoming call/sms

Search This thread
G

gqstatus0685

I bought it too. Thanks for the work dude. I'll be looking forward to updates. I keep my phone face down all the time because it's a habit. This works great. I have a case but I'm paranoid of scratching my lens even though I know it's raised.

A cool updated would be that if you miss a call the light will flash every 5 minutes to remind you or something to that effect.

apristel

Feb 25, 2009
Green Bay
www.arizzle.com
Works excellent. Exactly what I wanted.

RDude, check your pm, I would like to send you more than 2.99. PM me your paypal. I know others said that they would give more, I hope they stay to their word.

Thanks man! Great Job!

rdude

Oct 24, 2006
Seattle
twitter.com
Just what I was looking for, I just bought it, might I suggest that you also add a GMAIL option for this.

thanks

this is from rdudes post ..post #35

Unfortunately it can't do it when you get new emails since there is no standard system notification for email among the many email apps (Email, Gmail, K9, etc.).

Yeah, it really sucks. I was looking at some posts by Android framework engineers and they just feel like that wouldn't be a useful feature and don't care about standardizing it.

But I am looking at attaching to the OS as an "accessibility" service, which might let the app see everything that shows up in the notification bar. We'll see...

jabbawalkee

Dec 22, 2008
Chevy Chase, MD
twitter.com
Yeah, it really sucks. I was looking at some posts by Android framework engineers and they just feel like that wouldn't be a useful feature and don't care about standardizing it.

But I am looking at attaching to the OS as an "accessibility" service, which might let the app see everything that shows up in the notification bar. We'll see...

You should take a look at Trackball Alert, which makes the trackball light up for EVERY app that has notifications. Maybe that might help in some way?

socket84

Mar 27, 2009
Alright, here we go. This app will flash your LED when you receive a phone call or when you get a new text message. Unfortunately it can't do it when you get new emails since there is no standard system notification for email among the many email apps (Email, Gmail, K9, etc.).

Here's a screenshot of the app, Flashlight Alerts:

9Cj9J.png

The APK is attached and it is also available in the Market for $2.99 if you'd like to donate:

img.php

It was actually a real pain to put together since there is no standard flashlight API prior to Froyo, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. Let me know if you run into any issues!

PS: I would appreciate it if somebody could check if this thing is actually in the Market on their EVO. It's showing up there on my Nexus One but not on my EVO. Hmm... Fixed this. Stupid bug in the Market makes it so that if you mark your app as requiring a camera with flash, it doesn't show up for EVO.

Great job man!
A little question:
if you don't have a flash led or any led (like in Samsung Galaxy S i9000) how would you do? This is a real big challenge...!! ;)

wallla

Jun 13, 2010
Great job man!
A little question:
if you don't have a flash led or any led (like in Samsung Galaxy S i9000) how would you do? This is a real big challenge...!! ;)

I guess the only solution would be to let the display flash.
Though I've no idea if thats possible.

best1923

Mar 11, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Help me please ?

Running Froyo on Nexus , First of all; I have tried the flashlight apk and doesnt work. I also have downloaded the paid version off of the market to donate . I really want this app to work and I have wiped and reflash my rom and tested on my diffrerent roms still doesn't work suggestions please .:confused::(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED VERSION NOW AVAILABLE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=14961111

Alright, here we go. This app will flash your LED when you receive a phone call or when you get a new text message. Unfortunately it can't do it when you get new emails since there is no standard system notification for email among the many email apps (Email, Gmail, K9, etc.).

Here's a screenshot of the app, Flashlight Alerts:

9Cj9J.png

The APK is attached and it is also available in the Market for $2.99 if you'd like to donate:

img.php

It was actually a real pain to put together since there is no standard flashlight API prior to Froyo, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. Let me know if you run into any issues!

PS: I would appreciate it if somebody could check if this thing is actually in the Market on their EVO. It's showing up there on my Nexus One but not on my EVO. Hmm... Fixed this. Stupid bug in the Market makes it so that if you mark your app as requiring a camera with flash, it doesn't show up for EVO.

Compatability Notes: This version will work with the EVO, Desire, and Droid. If you have a Froyo phone (Nexus One) you should be able to use the Froyo version (in the Market or later in this thread, post #65).
    I would think this would be a bad idea for the same reason all those *led* flash light apps warn you not to over use for fear of burning out...If you get a much of notifications that would mean constant use.

typical life span of a led is 25,000 hours, and that just means it loses about 50% of its lumens output.

i highly doubt they'll burn out.

thats 2.85 years of being on.
    Are the led notifications on the front facing camera not bright enough for you or something?
    Just installed the froyo version in post 65 and it works perfectly on my evo with virus rom gingersense. Apristel thanks for requesting and rdude for developing!