• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[FINISHED] Camera LED Flash w/incoming call/sms

Search This thread

reefer3026

Aug 5, 2010
might be a dumb question, but how do you run/install an .apk file such as this. Wanted to test and see if it will work on my phone before buying in the market. Thanks in advance.

Josefsson

Jul 29, 2010
Thank you, this is what makes XDA great
I'm a little late here and the app might not be developed any longer but I thought I'd leave a suggestion for an option anyways:

- reminder flash every [1,5,10] minute(s) until the sms is marked as read

Works great on X10 mini (1.6) btw, thanks again!

Contivity

Jan 8, 2008
Anaheim
lifein0and1.com
I used this software when I was running Modaco ROM on Nexus One, then migrated to CM6 earlier this month. I didn't remember if it was working when I started CM6 or not, but recently i realized that the flashlight doesn't turn on. It is not a hardware issue, because the LED flashlight application (N1 Torch) works just fine.

Here's the logcat:

E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): cannot enable flashlight
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: setFlashlightEnabled
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at java.lang.ClassCache.findMethodByName(ClassCache.java:308)
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:985)
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at com.rrsllc.flashlightAlerts.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight.setEnabled(MotoLedFlashlight.java:33)
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at com.rrsllc.flashlightAlerts.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight.isSupported(MotoLedFlashlight.java:56)
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at com.rrsllc.flashlightAlerts.flashlight.Flashlight.getFlashlight(Flashlight.java:73)
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at com.rrsllc.flashlightAlerts.flashlight.Flashlight.blinkFlashlight(Flashlight.java:49)

E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at com.rrsllc.flashlightAlerts.MainActivity$1$1.run(MainActivity.java:24)
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): cannot getflashlight state
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: getFlashlightEnabled
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at java.lang.ClassCache.findMethodByName(ClassCache.java:308)
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:985)
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at com.rrsllc.flashlightAlerts.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight.getEnabled(MotoLedFlashlight.java:19)
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at com.rrsllc.flashlightAlerts.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight.isSupported(MotoLedFlashligh
t.java:57)
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at com.rrsllc.flashlightAlerts.flashlight.Flashlight.getFlashlight(Flashlight.java:73)
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at com.rrsllc.flashlightAlerts.flashlight.Flashlight.blinkFlashlight(Flashlight.java:49)

E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at com.rrsllc.flashlightAlerts.MainActivity$1$1.run(MainActivity.java:24)
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): cannot enable flashlight
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: setFlashlightEnabled
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at com.rrsllc.flashlightAlerts.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight.setEnabled(MotoLedFlashlight.java:33)
E/com.rrsllc.flaashlightRington.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight(29569): at com.rrsllc.flashlightAlerts.flashlight.MotoLedFlashlight.isSupported(MotoLedFlashligh
t.java:58)

D/com.rrsllc.flashlightRingtone.flashlight.HtcLedFlashlight(29569): isSupported: true

sookster54

Aug 20, 2010
Nice app, been looking for something like this since I put my Desire face down, wondering if it's possible to make the flashes slower with longer light on pauses?

sookster54

Aug 20, 2010
Well at least the app works on Froyo and Eclair on my HTC Desire but once I installed OpenDesire or CM6 it won't work. Hope the dev looks into this.

HA nevermind, restored the wrong version file, the Froyo22 version works.

Last edited:

xNotta

Aug 4, 2010
I switched over to CM6 and now it won't test or flash on incoming calls/texts.
It worked fine on my stock based rom.

Please fix.

Swyped from my Evo using XDA App.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED VERSION NOW AVAILABLE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=14961111

Alright, here we go. This app will flash your LED when you receive a phone call or when you get a new text message. Unfortunately it can't do it when you get new emails since there is no standard system notification for email among the many email apps (Email, Gmail, K9, etc.).

Here's a screenshot of the app, Flashlight Alerts:

9Cj9J.png

The APK is attached and it is also available in the Market for $2.99 if you'd like to donate:

img.php

It was actually a real pain to put together since there is no standard flashlight API prior to Froyo, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. Let me know if you run into any issues!

PS: I would appreciate it if somebody could check if this thing is actually in the Market on their EVO. It's showing up there on my Nexus One but not on my EVO. Hmm... Fixed this. Stupid bug in the Market makes it so that if you mark your app as requiring a camera with flash, it doesn't show up for EVO.

Compatability Notes: This version will work with the EVO, Desire, and Droid. If you have a Froyo phone (Nexus One) you should be able to use the Froyo version (in the Market or later in this thread, post #65).
    I would think this would be a bad idea for the same reason all those *led* flash light apps warn you not to over use for fear of burning out...If you get a much of notifications that would mean constant use.

typical life span of a led is 25,000 hours, and that just means it loses about 50% of its lumens output.

i highly doubt they'll burn out.

thats 2.85 years of being on.
    Are the led notifications on the front facing camera not bright enough for you or something?
    Just installed the froyo version in post 65 and it works perfectly on my evo with virus rom gingersense. Apristel thanks for requesting and rdude for developing!