• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Fire HD 10 2021 Questions

Search This thread

GeekyWilliam

Apr 18, 2016
I'm debating on picking up the Fire HD 10 2021 edition during Prime Day sale. Are there ways to put actual android OS rom on it or just adding Play store, google services and stuff with the toolkit. Typically I'd try to do more research but time is a bit limited on the sale so any help would be appreciated. I use to flash roms on phones in the past and just curious if there is any support or ability to do that with the Fire HD tablets. Thanks in advance!

I'm debating on picking up the Fire HD 10 2021 edition during Prime Day sale. Are there ways to put actual android OS rom on it or just adding Play store, google services and stuff with the toolkit. Typically I'd try to do more research but time is a bit limited on the sale so any help would be appreciated. I use to flash roms on phones in the past and just curious if there is any support or ability to do that with the Fire HD tablets. Thanks in advance!
Here's the thing with loading custom roms on any 2019 or newer fire tablet nowadays. No one's been able to find any exploits on the tablets because Amazon has been cracking down on the MediaTek exploits that we would usually be able to use. Especially with the newer OS, I really don't think that anyone will find anything that they can do with unlocking the bootloader and flashing a new ROM since it's basically all been patched.
In terms of Google Play Services and apps, I haven't tried this on the HD 10 2021, but it is most likely possible because I use them just fine on my HD 8 Plus 2020 running the same operating system. So Google Play Store is (most likely) achievable. Hope this helps!

Reactions: GeekyWilliam
Are the Amazon Fire tablets rootable at all? Able to Magisk? I would like to get into rooting and was hopping we could with this device
Well, yes and no. I know that sounds pretty vague, but it's because it really depends on the tablets.

So recently, people haven't been able to find any exploits that will give them root access to newer tablets, and without an unlockable bootloader, Magisk is definitley out of the question.

On some of the older tablets, as you probably have already seen, there are unlockable bootloaders, but this involves a lot of work to the tablet in terms of software and it isn't as simple as a command like "fastboot oem unlock" (unfortunately).

Basically, I don't think that root will be possible on the HD 10 2021, or at least anytime soon, because the rooting on the older tablets were done by finding exploits in the CPU and Preloader, and then using those exploits to use a hacked bootloader and recovery, and then those would patch the OS to allow you to mod those as much as possible, including giving you the ability to root. Amazon has patched these exploits and no one has been able to use one of the more popular "temporary" root solutions (mtk-su) with the newer tablets since the 2019 HD 10.

So, for now at least, you'll be out of luck. :(

Reactions: Galaxy-Geek#1

GLRioux

Apr 29, 2019
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Did you buy that Fire? I did. Then I immediately ran Fire Toolox (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/windows-tool-fire-toolbox) to make it run like normal Android.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the thing with loading custom roms on any 2019 or newer fire tablet nowadays. No one's been able to find any exploits on the tablets because Amazon has been cracking down on the MediaTek exploits that we would usually be able to use. Especially with the newer OS, I really don't think that anyone will find anything that they can do with unlocking the bootloader and flashing a new ROM since it's basically all been patched.
    In terms of Google Play Services and apps, I haven't tried this on the HD 10 2021, but it is most likely possible because I use them just fine on my HD 8 Plus 2020 running the same operating system. So Google Play Store is (most likely) achievable. Hope this helps!
    Are the Amazon Fire tablets rootable at all? Able to Magisk? I would like to get into rooting and was hopping we could with this device
    Well, yes and no. I know that sounds pretty vague, but it's because it really depends on the tablets.

So recently, people haven't been able to find any exploits that will give them root access to newer tablets, and without an unlockable bootloader, Magisk is definitley out of the question.

On some of the older tablets, as you probably have already seen, there are unlockable bootloaders, but this involves a lot of work to the tablet in terms of software and it isn't as simple as a command like "fastboot oem unlock" (unfortunately).

Basically, I don't think that root will be possible on the HD 10 2021, or at least anytime soon, because the rooting on the older tablets were done by finding exploits in the CPU and Preloader, and then using those exploits to use a hacked bootloader and recovery, and then those would patch the OS to allow you to mod those as much as possible, including giving you the ability to root. Amazon has patched these exploits and no one has been able to use one of the more popular "temporary" root solutions (mtk-su) with the newer tablets since the 2019 HD 10.

So, for now at least, you'll be out of luck. :(