Fire HD wallpaper app

Search This thread

kindlr

Feb 1, 2018
Hey folks,

Does anyone here know what the name of the Fire HD wallpaper app is? After rooting my Fire, I disabled a whole bunch of system apps/bloatware and now I can't change the wallpaper (going to settings>display>wallpaper doesn't do anything). I'd hate to have to enable each one of those apps one by one to find out for myself.

dondraper23

Feb 6, 2018
Hey folks,

Does anyone here know what the name of the Fire HD wallpaper app is? After rooting my Fire, I disabled a whole bunch of system apps/bloatware and now I can't change the wallpaper (going to settings>display>wallpaper doesn't do anything). I'd hate to have to enable each one of those apps one by one to find out for myself.

I think it uses Amazon Photos to set the wallpaper. I use Nova Launcher which allows you to set the wallpaper without using Amazon Photos. You can also download Google's Wallpapers app and that should work... hopefully.

erono

Sep 6, 2012
Default action is change Home and Lockscreen wallpaper using "Amazon Photos".
You can use third party apps to change Home wallpaper. (CameraRoll, QuickPic, etc)
Lockscreen wallpaper only can change by "Amazon Photos".

kindlr

Feb 1, 2018
Default action is change Home and Lockscreen wallpaper using "Amazon Photos".
You can use third party apps to change Home wallpaper. (CameraRoll, QuickPic, etc)
Lockscreen wallpaper only can change by "Amazon Photos".

I think it uses Amazon Photos to set the wallpaper. I use Nova Launcher which allows you to set the wallpaper without using Amazon Photos. You can also download Google's Wallpapers app and that should work... hopefully.

Thanks for the responses. I got the wallpapers app to work again but it's still having no effect on the lock screen wallpaper. Every time I turn on the screen, the lock screen app displays an Amazon stock wallpaper by random.:confused:

erono

Sep 6, 2012
Disable the Special Offers on Lock Screen. (Only for japan)
Then you can set the lockscreen wallpaper using Amazon Photos.

Register and login to amazon.co.jp account.
OR
Do not login and set the language to Japanese.

ChF44dy.png

dondraper23

Feb 6, 2018
Thanks for the responses. I got the wallpapers app to work again but it's still having no effect on the lock screen wallpaper. Every time I turn on the screen, the lock screen app displays an Amazon stock wallpaper by random.:confused:
I only had luck changing the lockscreen wallpaper with Amazon Photos. I do believe there is another way but I can't verify it since I have the lockscreens on both of the rooted Fire HD10's I have disabled and just use the Gravity Screen app

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk