• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fire HD10 (9th gen) Restore original image

Search This thread

TheSpaceMoose

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
My HD10 (9th gen-Maverick) won't boot. It gets stuck on the Fire logo. I originally used the Fire Toolbox to disable OTAs, change launcher to Nova, etc.

I have ADB access, so I can see the following:
ro.build.date = Thu Sep 26 20:57:44 UTC 2019
ro.build.mktg.fireos = Fire OS 7.3.1.0

I should be able to flash the original image back to the device, right?

I used to have the original bin files (for various Fire tablets I have) saved on a drive which has since died. I can't seem to find them on amazon anymore (aside from the latest 7.3.1.8)
Is there anywhere to get the original 7.3.1.0 bin file?

newnewcomputer

Mar 26, 2014
7.3.1.0 was never released by Amazon. u should be able to search n find the link to Amazon for 7.3.1.1 or newer.

if u really want to stay w/ 7.3.1.0 (the only one vulnerable to mtk-su) AND u are comfortable w/ SP Flash Tool, then head to here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...er-unlock-brainstorming.3979343/post-84498751 n find the files for 7.3.1.0. probably should read posts following that to make sure u understand what u are getting.

bibikalka

May 14, 2015
My HD10 (9th gen-Maverick) won't boot. It gets stuck on the Fire logo. I originally used the Fire Toolbox to disable OTAs, change launcher to Nova, etc.

I have ADB access, so I can see the following:
ro.build.date = Thu Sep 26 20:57:44 UTC 2019
ro.build.mktg.fireos = Fire OS 7.3.1.0

I should be able to flash the original image back to the device, right?

I used to have the original bin files (for various Fire tablets I have) saved on a drive which has since died. I can't seem to find them on amazon anymore (aside from the latest 7.3.1.8)
Is there anywhere to get the original 7.3.1.0 bin file?
Run adb when it's on Fire logo, and enable whatever you disabled.

Alternatively, do a factory reset. Avoid updating, get temp root!