• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

fire OS FW's with no boot loader flashing for 5th gen and 7th gen

Search This thread

ANDROID2468

Oct 19, 2016
Nashville
This is a collection of fire os FW for the 5th gen and 7th gen with no bootloader flashing.
Dsclaimer
- This is for flashing with TWRP or flash fire only.
-This doesn't stop you from flashing on other devices but it won't hard brick because there are no bootloader files in the ROM file ;)
-newer releases will Not have OTA updates removed anymore
why...
I'm going to expand to the hd 8 and hd 10, I want to keep it stock. its a lot less time consuming to not edit system files
- I'm going to go back and do this with all previous versions of fire os FW (it will take a while)

available to download

-5.3.6.8 (7th gen only)
-5.6.3(won't work on older bootloaders)
removing ads
this is the best way to remove ads.
it requires root
Code:
adb shell
su
settings put global LOCKSCREEN_AD_ENABLED 0
settings put global ksoHash 0
Then uninstall special offers and do a reboot
removing ota
The two apps you need to delete is DeviceSoftwareOTA and Forced OTA. that's all
Downloads
Everything will go to android file host but the 7th gen is the only thing up there for right now
5th gen
7th gen
enjoy!

Last edited:

ANDROID2468

Oct 19, 2016
Nashville
Updates list
update 4-25-19
-fixed the links for the 5th gen
update 4-21-2019
-added 5.3.6.8 for 7th gen
update 2-12-2019 for 5.4.0
-fixed flashing the boot image
-fixed flashing for newer TWRP recovery

Last edited:

bruinsrule

Jan 28, 2015
prime video not working

update 2-12-2019 for 5.4.0
-fixed flashing the boot image
-fixed flashing for newer TWRP recovery

Thanks for your work on this ROM.

I'm using the 5.6.3 version on my 5th Gen:
When playback in Prime video is happening, there is audio but no video. I tried playing with the dpi and had mix results. It appears to be a resolution issue? What do you think could be wrong? When I revert back to stock recovery and flash the same version everything is fine. Does this have something to do with the unlocked bootloader?

ANDROID2468

Oct 19, 2016
Nashville
Thanks for your work on this ROM.

I'm using the 5.6.3 version on my 5th Gen:
When playback in Prime video is happening, there is audio but no video. I tried playing with the dpi and had mix results. It appears to be a resolution issue? What do you think could be wrong? When I revert back to stock recovery and flash the same version everything is fine. Does this have something to do with the unlocked bootloader?

Do you have the same issue on YouTube? If you only have this issue on prime video and only on this rom then it's possible that I removed a dependency, but I don't think that there is any.... sorry, I was thinking of the wrong rom. the only thing I removed from this rom was OTA updates. sometimes you might have issues like not having wifi when you do the unlock. try to redo the unlock. make sure you have the latest version of it.

Last edited:

bruinsrule

Jan 28, 2015
Do you have the same issue on YouTube? If you only have this issue on prime video and only on this rom then it's possible that I removed a dependency, but I don't think that there is any.... sorry, I was thinking of the wrong rom. the only thing I removed from this rom was OTA updates. sometimes you might have issues like not having wifi when you do the unlock. try to redo the unlock. make sure you have the latest version of it.

I've tried the revamped OS, this OS, and stock. When I unlock the prime video has the same behavior in each instance. Youtube works fine and the commercials within prime video work, oddly. I'll try doing a second unlock to see if that will do the trick. I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this, or they just don't use prime video.

ANDROID2468

Oct 19, 2016
Nashville
@ANDROID2468 add stock android Lollipop lockscreen wallpaper in the next build please.
Add in the updater-script a command that extracts the wallpaper in
/data/securedStorageLocation/com.android.systemui/ls_wallpaper/0

See this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/hd8-hd10/help/root-change-lock-screen-wallpapers-t3859459

The only thing I am changing in this rom is removing the ota updates. If you want a more costume fire os version please check out my fire os revamped . I'm keeping this rom as stock as possible.
In that rom I tried to change the wallpaper by decompiling the framework.res.apk and change it from there but I had no luck with that. If you do it how you mentioned above you will lose it when you factory reset.

Last edited:

ANDROID2468

Oct 19, 2016
Nashville
I've tried the revamped OS, this OS, and stock. When I unlock the prime video has the same behavior in each instance. Youtube works fine and the commercials within prime video work, oddly. I'll try doing a second unlock to see if that will do the trick. I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this, or they just don't use prime video.
Try the one in the play store

MontysEvilTwin

Nov 4, 2016
I get the same problem with the Fire 7, 5th gen. tablet. The FIre 7, 7th gen. (unlocked in the same way) is fine though: Prime Video works correctly. Could it be due to the OS 5.01 TZ file?

MontysEvilTwin

Nov 4, 2016
The problem with Prime Video is caused by flashing the OS 5.01 TZ file with Amonet. With the latest TZ file used (OS 5.6.3.0), video is displayed correctly. However doing this disables Wi-Fi on the tablet. I will post about this in the most relevant thread (see here). BTW, downloading Prime Video from Google Play is not a solution. Even if you delete the prime folder (com.amazon.avod) and contents from '/system/priv-app' and reboot, then install the Google Play version, the app crashes after opening.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a collection of fire os FW for the 5th gen and 7th gen with no bootloader flashing.
    Dsclaimer
    - This is for flashing with TWRP or flash fire only.
    -This doesn't stop you from flashing on other devices but it won't hard brick because there are no bootloader files in the ROM file ;)
    -newer releases will Not have OTA updates removed anymore
    why...
    I'm going to expand to the hd 8 and hd 10, I want to keep it stock. its a lot less time consuming to not edit system files
    - I'm going to go back and do this with all previous versions of fire os FW (it will take a while)

available to download

-5.3.6.8 (7th gen only)
    -5.6.3(won't work on older bootloaders)
    removing ads
    this is the best way to remove ads.
    it requires root
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    settings put global LOCKSCREEN_AD_ENABLED 0
    settings put global ksoHash 0
    Then uninstall special offers and do a reboot
    removing ota
    The two apps you need to delete is DeviceSoftwareOTA and Forced OTA. that's all
    Downloads
    Everything will go to android file host but the 7th gen is the only thing up there for right now
    5th gen
    7th gen
    enjoy!
    There is a fix for the Prime Video playback issue described in the above posts: see here for details.