Fire phone Experiment... Lollipop

Search This thread

pipataki

Jan 7, 2016
Redovan
The folder is this:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7SzqPOr1EdIQ19qNDVQUDBWOVE

(some ROMS could be unstable, use it at your own risk)

Last ROM, xROMx_Pipapop_PX_3_deox_Rootd_Safestrpd.zip ...
based in saturn device of Amazon (Lollipop 5.1.1)... as this one is so simillar than this Stock, I hope that it will be more Stable... if it could be flashed with no errors, this one will be so stable...

In shared folder xROMx_Pipapop_ProbeX_Lollipop.zip
(maybe unstable, but uses art and api level is set to 22, cannot probed yet by myself, waiting for my fire yet...)

Roms v.10 and v.3.9 (follow the steps)

There is a new ROM for probes v.10, is based on original update-kindle-37.5.6.3 for ford device... Is fully Lollipop (with art even)... So maybe doesn't work or is unstable... If anyone test it, remember not to apply root in first flashing, because it could give you bootloop with supersu zip...

Stock ROMs

(I suggest use this stock, instead of original...Just for the avillity to have safestrap even doing a factory reset)
-Wipe (optional, but only factory reset)
-First, install ROM v.10 version
-Second, flash gapps-711 in safestrap
-Important... don't flash supersu zip yet!!!
(maybe at this point it would be flashed xposed v.22 zip, I'm not sure)
-Third restart and install total comander (is in shared folder)
-Fourth, Install Google5 fix in the same session as upper step (there are in Google5.zip file, do it restarting your fire, this or another usual fix, the 4 files of fix are in this zip, uncompress and install this ones or another ones)
-Fiveth, (previouslly I supose you have downloaded all the programms not runnables in kit kat by apkmirror.com for example... Andrid Auto, instagram, and so on)... having it... install all of those ones apps and don't worry if doesn't work now...

-Sixth, reboot to safestrap... (we dont need root, because safestrap starts in a simple reboot)
-Seventh, install ROM v.3.9... without wipes, keep in mind... (So important without wipes!!!)
-Eighth, install Supersu zip (not in shared folder)
-Reboot and install Google4 apps of the google4 zip...
-at this point I hope all the apps installed with the previous v.10 version works now... in 3.9 version...
(if you are asked by google to update service framework... do it)

And, That all Folks!!!...

(now maybe all Amazon apps aren't upgradable, are deodexed)

For better Google compatibillity install at last, this file:
com.android.vending_7.6.08.N-all_0_PR_149245622-80760800_minAPI14(240,320,480dpi)_apkmirror.com.apk
(Download it from apkmirror.com)

about google launcher was a cassuallity, I have a program called button savior istalled and google launcher installed but not working... in any moment the buttom of tasks of button savior shows home task... and I killed it... so the system ask me what start home do you prefer... say GLauncher, and all ok...
(you can use a home switcher too)

Special thanks to @ggow and all the team

Google launcher working!!! with widgets and all emojis... In the Stock ROM!!!

Screenshot_2017-03-28-12-14-11.png
Screenshot_2017-03-28-12-13-49.png
Screenshot_2017-03-29-16-23-50.png

Last edited:

pipataki

Jan 7, 2016
Redovan
11 means that the system dont let me put no link, since I post ten messages, I tried to write a few... but maybe better, no...

pipataki

Jan 7, 2016
Redovan
has someone probe it?... Im trying to root it now, I hope to prerooted it soon... and I like to know bugs, if someone had it... the first bug I found is that when the phone make system updates, and catch the fire os 5.3.2.1 version of silk (for example), this app crashes, but if you dont update the system apps, all seems to work...

byzav

Jul 27, 2015
Dont use this peace of ****.. 5.1.1 in settings thats all that u can saw in this firmware.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

All apps are crashed and apk is not install
@pipataki sry, but its really UNUNUNUNStable firmware

Last edited:

pipataki

Jan 7, 2016
Redovan
Dont use this peace of ****.. 5.1.1 in settings thats all that u can saw in this firmware.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

All apps are crashed and apk is not install
@pipataki sry, but its really UNUNUNUNStable firmware

of course is unstable, we havn't lollipop yet, and amazon has abandone us... we have to see alternatives, the normal thing is that were bugs at beggining, so many bugs...

pipataki

Jan 7, 2016
Redovan
Is this lollipop or KitKat?
Lollipop, ported and mixed with another rom of fire (563231720. is the number of it, I dont know whats exactly the device), first i port kodiak to this device (ford or saturn, i dont remember what it was), and then I port the resultant rom back to kodiak... in the kitchen...

zh_William

Feb 10, 2017
Wow!Great news @ggow

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Lollipop, ported and mixed with another rom of fire (563231720. is the number of it, I dont know whats exactly the device), first i port kodiak to this device (ford or saturn, i dont remember what it was), and then I port the resultant rom back to kodiak... in the kitchen...

maybe is Kindle Fire HDX7 and 8.9,cuz they are used the same cpu MSM8974AA(800)
www .devicespecifications.com/en/model-cpu/60873e58

update-kindle-37.5.6.3_user_563231720.bin
update-kindle-32.5.6.3_user_563231720.bin
i guess the "563231720" is a fire os 5.6.3 systems version. not a device version. actually is "37" or "32"

thanks for your working :)

pipataki

Jan 7, 2016
Redovan
Wow!Great news @ggow

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

maybe is Kindle Fire HDX7 and 8.9,cuz they are used the same cpu MSM8974AA(800)
www .devicespecifications.com/en/model-cpu/60873e58

update-kindle-37.5.6.3_user_563231720.bin
update-kindle-32.5.6.3_user_563231720.bin
i guess the "563231720" is a fire os 5.6.3 systems version. not a device version. actually is "37" or "32"

thanks for your working :)

ok, the important thing is to aprocah this now... i hope that i've done it fine... is my first work...

pipataki

Jan 7, 2016
Redovan
Is any possible firephone use the same bootloader with HDX7?maybe we can use the same way to unlock the bootloader?
@ggow
https://forum.xda-developers.com/kindle-fire-hdx/general/thor-unlocking-bootloader-firmware-t3463982

I dont't kow really if it could be with HDX7 bootoader... I saw the link you've post and the problem I see is that the phone could be broken, or enter in a loop... if anyone want to have part of my work to do it, please, ask me it...
I'm testing new cooked roms, in order to make it more stable, since now I've have rooted (prerroted with chainsDD) and with kingroot later, after flash... and I've intalled google store with the old method, the new one doesn't works... but is what was comented in this thread, isn't so stable rigth now...

Reactions: bigrammy

Hussain_97

Feb 3, 2017
New Rom cooked from another

Has anyone tried it so far ?
And is it safe to install it or it will brick our fire phone ?
And what are the bugs in this ?

Hussain_97

Feb 3, 2017
New Rom cooked from another

You must contact @ggow,he is the only one that could help you in solving bugs and making a stable rom as he had made cynogenmod 11 ,slim kat and Asop rom,so you should contact him and tell hime about your work and its seems like that you have almost found a way to make an update to 5.3.2 (lollypop) .This means that we could install cynogenmod 12 and this will also solve the camera issue ..

Hussain_97

Feb 3, 2017
yes we can't download it from ur site so please upload to google or dropbox so that we could test it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The folder is this:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7SzqPOr1EdIQ19qNDVQUDBWOVE

(some ROMS could be unstable, use it at your own risk)

Last ROM, xROMx_Pipapop_PX_3_deox_Rootd_Safestrpd.zip ...
    based in saturn device of Amazon (Lollipop 5.1.1)... as this one is so simillar than this Stock, I hope that it will be more Stable... if it could be flashed with no errors, this one will be so stable...

In shared folder xROMx_Pipapop_ProbeX_Lollipop.zip
    (maybe unstable, but uses art and api level is set to 22, cannot probed yet by myself, waiting for my fire yet...)

Roms v.10 and v.3.9 (follow the steps)

There is a new ROM for probes v.10, is based on original update-kindle-37.5.6.3 for ford device... Is fully Lollipop (with art even)... So maybe doesn't work or is unstable... If anyone test it, remember not to apply root in first flashing, because it could give you bootloop with supersu zip...

Stock ROMs

(I suggest use this stock, instead of original...Just for the avillity to have safestrap even doing a factory reset)
    -Wipe (optional, but only factory reset)
    -First, install ROM v.10 version
    -Second, flash gapps-711 in safestrap
    -Important... don't flash supersu zip yet!!!
    (maybe at this point it would be flashed xposed v.22 zip, I'm not sure)
    -Third restart and install total comander (is in shared folder)
    -Fourth, Install Google5 fix in the same session as upper step (there are in Google5.zip file, do it restarting your fire, this or another usual fix, the 4 files of fix are in this zip, uncompress and install this ones or another ones)
    -Fiveth, (previouslly I supose you have downloaded all the programms not runnables in kit kat by apkmirror.com for example... Andrid Auto, instagram, and so on)... having it... install all of those ones apps and don't worry if doesn't work now...

-Sixth, reboot to safestrap... (we dont need root, because safestrap starts in a simple reboot)
    -Seventh, install ROM v.3.9... without wipes, keep in mind... (So important without wipes!!!)
    -Eighth, install Supersu zip (not in shared folder)
    -Reboot and install Google4 apps of the google4 zip...
    -at this point I hope all the apps installed with the previous v.10 version works now... in 3.9 version...
    (if you are asked by google to update service framework... do it)

And, That all Folks!!!...

(now maybe all Amazon apps aren't upgradable, are deodexed)

For better Google compatibillity install at last, this file:
    com.android.vending_7.6.08.N-all_0_PR_149245622-80760800_minAPI14(240,320,480dpi)_apkmirror.com.apk
    (Download it from apkmirror.com)

about google launcher was a cassuallity, I have a program called button savior istalled and google launcher installed but not working... in any moment the buttom of tasks of button savior shows home task... and I killed it... so the system ask me what start home do you prefer... say GLauncher, and all ok...
    (you can use a home switcher too)

Special thanks to @ggow and all the team

Google launcher working!!! with widgets and all emojis... In the Stock ROM!!!

Screenshot_2017-03-28-12-14-11.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-28-12-13-49.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-29-16-23-50.png
    You just change the android version to 5.11
    but true is not a cm12,and is @ggow cm11

Agreed, this is not CM-12, it is in fact the latest lineageos (cm-11) build I did.
    It has a modified build.prop and some other stuff taken from my CM-12 build for the Amazon Fire Tablet. The software of the two devices are not even compatible.

Do not install it.

This thread should be closed and deleted, it has nothing of any substance.
    Somehow, I don't think the bootloader has been unlocked. If I am proven wrong, so be it!
    just wait, prior people.. nobody want to help us, but say that we lie. Process of unlock is soon

Have you tried to flash an unsigned boot.img?
    This will prove whether the bootloader is fully unlocked.

try:
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot boot.img

and post the results
    Hi,

Please please it's my kind request that don't distribute half baked cakes.
    I know you are young & enthusiastic but plz evolute yourself before posting something. If you find that's worthwhile then plz go ahead and post that in forum. But if something is not significant value then you better write a journal instead a forum post!
    So plz keep some credibility and try to understand user's perspective. Not all People buy/keep phones for providing testbed for some random folk.

Please don't get me wrong but I want to make this clear-
    Editing build prop will not magically change kitkat into lollipop. So stop writing abt it, 60% of your posts roughly translates to that only.

Please read abt android os internals , it's good to experiment but it's better to do it after getting basics clear!
    E.g. both cyanide and sea salt looks the same, but one can kill a human while other is fine.

And plz change the post title to something which you have done or that works. It's highly misleading.

Finally, Goodluck.