• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Fire TV 2 -- Wiped system in TWRP, can't get out of bootloop

Search This thread

wheelbarrel

Dec 10, 2012
Seattle
I have a fire tv 2, rooted, that I was updating the new rbox rom he posted . I dirty flashed like I have since the beginning lol. It loaded the boot screen for TWRP, then goes to the white amazon logo and just hangs there forever. So i decided to wipe it and wiped everything but external SD and USB. Went through whole process again to install rom, but still got same results. That is when I started searching. Found a post by rbox that recommend wiping cache and a few other things to try. Nothing worked. So I decided to use unbrick.img, and that did not even work.

I know it is not hardware, as I am doing this two different Fire TV 2 boxes.. I have spent too much time on these two boxes lol, but they are al have for tv! I need some help! lol

thank in advance for ANY thing i could try!

wheelbarrel

Dec 10, 2012
Seattle
This happened to me too. Seems clearing cache cause this for some reason. Next time do advanced wipe and leave cache unchecked. This will fix issue. It will take an hour or 2 to finish. Good luck.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv/development/firetv-2-unbrick-image-t3313349

Thank you for your reply! I assume you mean the unbrick+ramdisk.img? Because you said it would take 2 hours, and unbrick+ramdisk.img take 2 hours, whereas the unbrick.img only takes 30 mins.. And I have only tried the latter :D I will try unbrick+ramdisk.img right now and report back!

thanks again! :cool:

wheelbarrel

Dec 10, 2012
Seattle

Top Liked Posts